Cloth mommies check-in

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 09:05 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
How's it going? All the new CD mommas experts by now? What works best for your little one?

I wish now that I had just skipped the newborn CD'ing. Everything was so crazy then and we didn't CD a lot for Cam. I'll probably end up selling all the BG newborns, half of them never even used. I'll hold on to all the nanipoo's though. Cambria is now in one size pocket diapers and those are working really well for her. I use a mixture of Green Beas, Alvas and Sunbabies. If I can ever get Akadia out of my BG's, then I will use those on Cam. I have 2 microfiber inserts in them and that is sufficient. When she gets bigger, I'll probably start using hemp as the second insert. Still do disposables at night though on both girls.

April 2nd, 2013, 09:31 AM
MoonMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
cloth is going great for us. Roger is now in large diapers which means I am done sewing, because he can wear all of his big brother's stash from before he potty trained. We also use disposables at night because he's a pee monster and there isn't a fabric combo that can hold him that isn't also suuuuuuuper bulky. I figure, he's fat enough as it is, putting a huge diaper on him just makes him ridiculous. Like a beetle stuck on its back waving its legs in the air, haha!

baby Roger @ 7 months

April 2nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
Lol! Yeah, Cam would be swimming by the morning if I put a cloth on her at night. She sleeps a really long time and I hate when they wake up "damp". We did cloth on my toddler for a while at night but finally got sick of her smelling like pee every morning. She wasn't soaked, just that light dampness where you can't tell if the clothes are wet are not. Gave up on night time eventually and didn't even bother trying with Cam.

April 4th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Any more cloth mommies out there?

April 5th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
I don't know. I still have everything, but it's so much easier to just put a disposable on. Norah had such bad diaper rash and needed intensive diaper creaming to fix it. Now I'm all worried about trying again and getting the rashes back. I just don't know if I want to bother with it, which sort of stinks because I like the idea and I have the stuff, but I also don't have a lot of extra time for laundry. So I can't make up my mind about keeping it going or not.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

April 6th, 2013, 07:42 AM
*Izzy's*Mommy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm loving it! 80% of my stash are bumgenius pockets and I LOVE them. We have some random Fuzzibunz, GroVia and Kawaii diapers too. Kai wears cloth overnight the bumgenius always makes sure he hasn't leaked by morning. We just use a regular insert and add an extra small insert. We didn't end up using any cloth for the first 2 months. I was just so busy juggling both kids, and I couldn't be bothered, lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search