So frustrated! Maybe you guys can help me. OT

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 4th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Super Mommy
So we have purchased a new home. Our other house is still for sale, and the house we are currently living in, we sold to our local school district. They are expanding the elementary school that is directly behind this house. We must be out, and this house be gone, by July 1. Which is fine, so far everything is falling into place.

The problem is the house that's on the market. We have dumped thousands of dollars into it, and did everything we knew to do and could afford, to make it appealing to buyers. We've had several showings and an open house or 2, and still no bites. This home is in Peoria, IL. A city of about 140,000. Being that it's the midwest, some of you may be shocked by the price, haha, but it's realistic for the area.

I'm hoping you could take a look at it on the realtors website and tell me what if anything you think would be helpful to getting rid of it! I'm trying to convince Ryan to drop the price another $5000. I just want it gone.

The reason I'm asking you to look, is because we just had a showing, and the realtor called to say they said it was in too rough condition. Which, let me tell you, pissed me off! Rough condition? What does that even mean? I don't understand why someone would think that.

Here's the link to the listing. Thanks in advance.

There's not much of a wow factor, I realize, but I'm at a loss of what to do. Also, some of the bedrooms look purple, but they're gray. And the master bedroom's bed has the tall posts put back on lol.

5710 N MERRIMAC Peoria, IL Property Listing*

Last edited by kld1981; April 4th, 2013 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Forgot to add some info
April 4th, 2013, 04:57 PM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, unless there's like a secret murder chamber or something that isn't in those photos, I would definitely not say that looks "rough".

I know a lot of people around here hire professional stagers when they sell their houses. No idea what that would cost but maybe it would help? I personally don't think you would need it but then, I would have thought it would have sold quickly.

Sorry this isn't much help other than to agree that it doesn't look "rough".
April 4th, 2013, 05:25 PM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Im just not seeing what is rough??? Do they have the wrong house?? lol
Makes me scared because we are thinking of listing ours for sale.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
April 5th, 2013, 05:47 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the house does definitely not look rough. I've seen rough and that is not it. Do you still have the furniture in it? I know when we were trying to sell our realtor told us that homes sell faster if the furniture is left in them. For the size of the house the price seems good to me. How long have you had it listed for $124,000? If it's been awhile then you might lower the price.

The only thing I really see that might help you sell the home faster and yes it will be a pain in the rear, but you might paint all the walls a neutral color like off white or a light cream. When we put our house on the market that is the one thing our realtor wanted us to do so we painted the entire house off white. I guess it looks cleaner and most people plan on painting the walls when they move it so I guess having the cream will make it seem easier to them to paint over.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 5th, 2013, 07:04 AM
Super Mommy
,Thanks guys! We actually had it listed at 127,900 for awhile, several months in fact. We lowered the price probably about a month ago. Yeah, the furniture that is in the photos is still in the house. As for the painting, I never thought of that! I guess I figured it would make it look more upscale to have a color theme, but maybe I'm wrong. I'll talk to Ryan and see how he feels about painting it....anything to get it out of my hair I will do!!

Thank you all for your input. I appreciate it so much
April 5th, 2013, 08:14 AM
You might talk to your realtor and see what her opinion is on painting the walls.

April 6th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Super Mommy
Ryan does not want to paint lol. He agrees that it's a good idea, he just doesnt' want to do it because he hates painting. So maybe it'll sit a little longer and then he'll decide to paint it lol. I'm just so ready for it to go. Luckily, it's not really hurting us financially, but when it's gone, we will be in super great shape...my new corian counters depend on this lol!
April 8th, 2013, 05:26 AM
I don't blame him painting stinks. I hope you get it sold soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search