We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Post your questions here for her to answer on thursday and put in your picture requests for her to put up on friday! Here are your daily questions/events!
Monday: Post an intro about your baby (post as little or as much as you'd like)
Tuesday: Post 20 facts about your baby
Wednesday: Share your favorite baby pics
Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you (please save all questions asked for this day)
Friday: Post pics that other members request from you. Things you might not think to post yourself.
First up! Alex's full name is Alexander Lucas. He has brown hair from me and questionable gray eyes with a face that is a perfect mix of me and DH. But i tend to think he favors my husband more than me. I swear to you I had a dream about him MONTHS before I even got pregnant. I remember falling in love with him that instant in my dream. I'm not quite sure what else to share so you'll have to ask me lots of questions! I love to answer!
P.S. I'm proud of myself for actually getting this done today!
Even though technically it tuesday where I'm at. Lol
1) Alex was named after my husband's middle name. Because I did NOT want a Jr. Lol.
2) Alex gave me his first purposeful smile on Valentine's Day! It meant a lot to me bc my husband is away.
3) Alex is formula fed. I did try breast feeding, however, with the stress of moving, a new baby, and a spouse leaving it got to be a lot for me.
4) Lucas, Alex's middle name is a name I have loved for a long time. I have no idea why. I just do.
5) Alex is a spitting image of his daddy IMO. But with my hair and eyes. :] Just what I wanted!
6) If you blow in Alex's face he sticks out his tongue.
7) If you blow in his face while he is freaking out he sticks out his tongue and sucks in air with a confused look on his face. Almost as if he is saying..."wait, why am I crying again?"
8) He was 8lbs 8oz at birth.
9) And was 21 inches long.
10) Sleeps in a pack n play near my bed.
11) Upon waking up for the day he pops his head up above the side of the pack n play and smiles.
12) He continues to smile and coo/goo at me until I get him. Unless he is hungry and then he sings me the song of his people.
13) He enjoys being outside. Especially so when it is cold! He takes after me in that department.
14) He sleeps. Anywhere, any place, any time (almost). And he doesn't seem to notice the difference. Whether it's his crib, carrier, pack n play, my arms, or my bed he will sleep. And sleep well!
15) Alex enjoys his swing. Most days.
16) He does watch a little tv. I believe this is why he likes the swing. I play the baby channel.
17) Green Grow the Lilacs (by Johnny Cash?) is his favorite song to be sung when he is fussy.
18) He is vaccinated because around here there is a higher chance of him catching a deadly disease or illness with the kids coming back from over seas.
19) His best friend is our dog Delilah. She is a golden retriever and my babygirl.
And last but certainly not least...
20) I have a firm belief that his favorite color is either pink or white. No matter where my phone is I swear he will zone in on it and stare at it. He is even starting to grab/hold it!
Mio & Mao. It's a baby cartoon. I love the sounds on it. And the cats are cute. Lol. YouTube it!
He’s gorgeous!!! I love the “singing the song of his people” part.
I have mad kudos for single parents. I know that technically, you’re not a “single parent”, but really, as a military wife, you are. What’s the hardest part of your day as a “single parent”?
How did you meet your hubby?
--He played varisity football at our high school. I was a team manager for the guys and after winning district champions (against a hard team) we had a spontaneious hug although i had no idea who he was. we later met at a celebration party that night (at a mutual friends house that was also on the team) and he "scooped" me. Scooping is where you like walk up to someone, cup their boob or booty and go "SCOOP!" lol. he was so shy about it though and i was scooping him first so he was playfully doing it back. annnnd the rest is history. the story is so much longer than that. but this is the short version. thinking about it makes me smile and laugh.
Was Alex planned or a surprise?
--Alex was a suprise! A very much wanted one though. My husband was happier than me I believe. So much for our discussion the previous week about him not wanting a baby right now and how we were going to wait until we had our five year wedding and honeymoon. lol
What is your favorite thing about being a mother?
--Hands down it is waking up to a baby that looks at me and smiles and coos because he knows that i bring nothing but happiness and comfort to his life.
Also the part of knowing that he is my husband in miniature form. That is wonderful to see a little bit of him everyday even though he is gone.
Hardest part of my day as a temporary "single-parent"?
Going to sleep at night. But thankfully now I'm in a neighborhood on base that I feel safe in so I'm not up all night worried about a person breaking in. Cooking for one. Because I am so used to cooking enough for doug and I to have seconds and for him to take leftovers for lunch the next day. So I cook enough for about 4-5 people at a time. Now there is no one to eat it so left overs either go bad or get freezer burn. Lol. CLEANING. Because now I want to clean and keep the house nice but if Alex needs me it puts everything at a standstill and then I lose my motivation. Or I get sidetracked in my crafting corner. I should do a before and after picture of the side of the room where everything is at.
Do you recognize any personality traits in him yet?
--He is happy a vast majority of the time except for a few bad days here and there. Aside from this upcoming leap that has me worried he is generally very quiet and observant. But once you start talking to him it gets a smile and sometimes a few giggles out of him.
Tummy time - is he a fan?
--LOVES tummy time. He might even be a number 1 fan of it! He is pushing himself up quite often in order to see everything else in the room. He sleeps on his tummy as well. I think because on his back he flails his arms and it startles him awake.
What has been your favorite baby milestone so far?
--First I thought of the smiling. But not that he laughs at me when I say things like poop, make a funny face, or just talk nonsense and bounce him in my lap it is definitely the laughter. It just bubbles out of him and is so heart melting!
What does a normal day for Alex look like?
--Wake up and cuddle most days for about an hour and then nap until mommy feels like making it out of bed usually around 10-11 for the day. Then we come downstairs and he either eats or sits in his swing for a bit or naps on the couch while dishes/bottles from the day before get cleaned. Then about 12-1 if there are any errands I need to run alex tags along and we visit walmart or check out the dollar tree (my favorite place!) and send out any care packages we made to daddy. once we get home we've been out for about 4-5 hours it's time for his next bottle. So he eats, takes another nap, and then mommy eats. After I cook/eat it's usually time for another bottle. He eats and then we cuddle for a bit on the couch and around 930 he is in his crib asleep for the next few hours. Then I stay awake so I can get either housework (yeah right!) or cricut time in (like 99% of the time this is what i end up doing)
When you were pregnant, did you have any specific cravings or food aversions?
--i remember one night I went upstairs with a bad headache and feeling really tired and after laying down for 15 mins all i could hear in my head was watermelon frozen yogurt. Our brrberry happened to have some so at 9pm we headed out in this MASSIVE rain/thunder storm to get me some. my husband just loves me that much. and he drove.
Is Alex to be expecting any brothers or sisters in the future, or is he a one and only?
-- hopefully a sister! maybe when my husband comes home (but we aren't quite ready yet) or hopefully in about 2-3 years. if we have another boy that's great too! bc then I have an older son to help set a good example while daddy is away. and maybe show him how to use the potty...because i obviously lack those extra dangly bits.
Is he an active baby or is he more chill?
--Very chill! however, if he likes you or is excited about something those little legs get kicking!
Does he enjoy seeing other babies or people, or is he more shy?
--LOVES seeing other babies and kids. he is also pretty friendly with adults. as long as they are bending over him and just touching him with no smile. he will SCREAM if that happens. poor little guy. So, basically he likes everyone. except doctors.