MOTW is **Tay**

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree37Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2013, 01:56 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Ask away. For the question schedule,
Monday: Post an intro about you, family etc. (post as little or as much as you'd like)
Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself.
Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, family, etc .
Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you (please save all questions asked for this day)
Friday: Post pics that other members request from you. Things you might not think to post yourself.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
April 16th, 2013, 09:05 AM
** Tay **'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ok, Sorry I'm starting a day late!!

About me.... Im Tara, Im 27 {28 in August}. I have two cute kiddies, and one amazingly hot husband. I have been a SAHM mom since I had my daughter, Tylee. Before kids, I worked as a financial coordinator/Insurance dept. for a dental office. My husband Beau owns and runs a used car dealership and also a finance company.

Beau and I first met when I was 15 and he was 17... We were introduced by a girlfriend who had a cabin in his small-town, and was dating one of his buddies. We went on a couple dates and talked every now and then {{Because I thought he was super duper hot!!!}} But that dwindled after we both graduated high school. After he graduated, he joined the ARMY and was in Texas for a few years... I also joined once I graduated, but I ended up getting hurt and being medically discharged after less than a year.

In 2004, we were both back in Idaho, and the same friends that had introduced us randomly had people over and we both were invited. We have been dating since! {{One breakup near the beginning - but we dont count that!}}

We bought our first house together in 2007, and had our first daughter on October 29th 2009 - Tylee Jo.

Beau finally proposed to me on Christmas Eve 2011, and on the morning of December 30th, 2011, he woke up and told me we had waited to long to take that step, that he couldnt wait a day longer to marry me. We dropped Tylee off at her grandmas house {{Now THAT was a hard drop-off!! Not saying anything to my mother!}} and drove down to the courthouse and were married! We told everyone as we left. We did however plan a huge reception so all our friends and family could be involved in our "marriage" - that was in February 2012.

We wanted to wait for another baby, until after we were married, but since I wanted to be able to fit into, and look smokin hot in a wedding dress that February, we waited until after the reception to TTC... Good thing - I got pregnant almost RIGHT AWAY!
I had Mr. Blake on December 10,2012.

April 16th, 2013, 09:19 AM
Twenty Facts About Myself:

1.I am a crossword puzzle addict. Im pretty awesome at them too.

2.My mother and I own a Glitter Tattoo business, We sell product online and do all kinds of events {{Fairs, concerts, ect}} in the spring/summer.

3.Im a lazy mom.. seriously. I may seem like Im super busy with my kids and projects all the time... and I do stay busy - but I do secretly envy those Pinterest/blog moms that have amazingly creative projects and crafts and cooking projects for their kids to do EVERY DAY. I just dont have the energy for that.

4.My hair changes like 5 times a year, normally. Ive been super short, super long, black, brown, red, blond, bangs.... everything. I love changing up my hair.

5.I always have my nails done. I HATE the feeling of thin natural nails... I cant itch anything, I cant pick at anything.... I always have gel over my natural nail to make them stronger and thicker.

6.My mom and sisters are Estheticians, and My mom and I are currently looking at properties to partner up and open our own spa.

7.I went through Nail Tech school after coming home from the ARMY. I was young and wanted to party, so I didnt take it seriously.... Not real interested in it at the time, HOWEVER, I do plan on going back and getting my license again once the kids are in school

8.During the break-up that we dont ever talk about, I got married. and divorced. - the breakup was only 6 months :/

9.I love crafts... and home projects. All the saws and power tools in our garage are MINE, which lots of people find surprising. In fact, I have completely demolished and rebuilt our fireplace BY MYSELF as well as lots of other projects around our house... I love woodworking projects.... always have! Shop was my favorite class.

.... gotta leave it at that many for now!! My sick kid woke up and needs some lovin! Ill finish up all 20 soon!

Babies are down for the night!!
Here we go...

10. My hands are ALWAYS super dry. I DONT FREAKING GET IT! not the rest of my body, just my hands. I use soap that doesnt strip my hands, have tried every lotion out there... seriously - have a recommendation??

11. I LOVE HALLOWEEN. Im sad that I cant go out and **** it up like I once used to. ONE - Im a mom, and I wont do that. TWO - Im too fat. {{just because you CAN wear something, does NOT mean you should}} THREE - Im totally outta the bar scene now, and not sad about that. .... We have had some fabulous costumes though! I look forward to all my kids costumes.

12. I HATE when people brush up against my arm... like barely graze it... or rub lightly - BIGGEST pet peeve.

13. I love Ramen Noodle, French Fries, Mac N Cheese, Pizza and Hotdogs - kid food.

14. I once chipped my front tooth on a bowling ball. Thanks tequila.

15. I love tequila and coors light

16. Black and blood red nail polish will always be my favorites.

17. I LOVED having a natural birth with no epidural and will be doing that again if we have another

18. I grew up doing Pageants. Competed nationally several times

19. Im a sucker for anything acoustic

20. I have 4 tattoos... one of which I want partially covered and one I want totally removed, but cant since it was done soooooo deep. its majorly raised. :/

Last edited by ** Tay **; April 16th, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
April 16th, 2013, 10:39 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooh I love these 20 facts, Tara! They’re MUY INTERESANTE!
A couple of questions:

Did you always envision yourself as a SAHM? If not – what happened to change your mind?

What’s your biggest pet peeve with DH? What’s your biggest pet peeve with friends?

I know you like to cook healthy and eat healthy –but I also have a sneaking suspicion that you are a closet fast food lover. What’s your favorite fast food splurge?

How are you a better parent than DH? How is he a better parent than you?

You and Beau had a “non traditional” start. At what point did you KNOW that this man was the one for you?

Salty or sweet?

I have to tell you, I’m intrigued by the 6 month breakup. Matt and I also had a breakup when I went to college, albeit for only 3 months – but we pretty much have a non-disclosure clause about that time period. If he had “relations” with other women, I don’t want to know. But I don’t regret that time spent apart. Personally, I needed it. I needed it to slap my own self-worth upside the head and realize that I wasn’t “above” this guy…he was perfect for me. Plus, if it hadn’t happened- whose to say that I wouldn’t have felt stifled at some point? So I guess my question is: do you regret those 6 months?

p.s. We could build a house together sometime…with our combined tools, we would be UNSTOPPABLE. Or at the very least, a good TLC show: SHOP GIRLS…hot girls with tools and the know-how to use them. Ow ow…

April 16th, 2013, 11:38 AM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I want to see pics of some of the woodwork you have done. I couldn't do it because sharp things freak me out. I am so clumsy I always cut myself. I agree with Maggie though...a TLC show would be great. Lol...I would watch it!

Books or movies? Favorites?

Pool or beach? Why?

Winter or summer? Why?
LOL lots of this OR that questions. But I feel like these choices can tell me a lot about your personality!

April 16th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Also, how were you injured in the Army?

April 16th, 2013, 04:22 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Will you and Maggie build me a house? Of not, why?

What is your favorite thing to do with Tylee?

What of yourself do you see in her? In Blake?

What of your DH do you see in your children?

Current favorite vacation spot and why?

If money was no object where would your fav vacay spot be?

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

April 16th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarlowesMum View Post
Ooh I love these 20 facts, Tara! They’re MUY INTERESANTE!

I have to tell you, I’m intrigued by the 6 month breakup. Matt and I also had a breakup when I went to college, albeit for only 3 months – but we pretty much have a non-disclosure clause about that time period. If he had “relations” with other women, I don’t want to know. But I don’t regret that time spent apart. Personally, I needed it. I needed it to slap my own self-worth upside the head and realize that I wasn’t “above” this guy…he was perfect for me. Plus, if it hadn’t happened- whose to say that I wouldn’t have felt stifled at some point? So I guess my question is: do you regret those 6 months?

p.s. We could build a house together sometime…with our combined tools, we would be UNSTOPPABLE. Or at the very least, a good TLC show: SHOP GIRLS…hot girls with tools and the know-how to use them. Ow ow…
Ill save the questions

Ok, the breakup. I feel similar. While in hindsight, I KNOW, deep down, me getting back together with an ex was out of spite... Im still glad for the time apart. I actually feel A LOT like you about the situation, it really made me realize what a good guy he was, and how he most positively was the one for me.
I do regret the fact that he is my second husband, not my first though It really is something we NEVER talk about.

Ummmmm and Yes... HELLO TLC!! SIGN ME UP! But can we be on Bravo instead? Much more drama and I love Andy Cohen. We can create some fake drama out of power tools, Im sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnbot View Post
I want to see pics of some of the woodwork you have done. I couldn't do it because sharp things freak me out. I am so clumsy I always cut myself. I agree with Maggie though...a TLC show would be great. Lol...I would watch it!

LOL lots of this OR that questions. But I feel like these choices can tell me a lot about your personality!
Ill save pics and questions! But, I promise Ill share some of my projects! I promise Im not as impressive as Maggie... afterall, I didnt build my entire house!!!
burnbot likes this.

April 17th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Veteran
I loved these 20 questions too. Too interesting.

Post a pic of yourself with dif hair colors.... if you can find the pics that is.
** Tay ** likes this.
April 17th, 2013, 05:27 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
I hate it when people brush against my arm too! It gives me the heebie jeebies (or however you spell it).

Did you have a special talent that you did for pageants, or were they not that kind of pageant?

What is your biggest annoyance with DH?

What is your favorite thing to cook?
** Tay ** likes this.
April 17th, 2013, 07:56 AM
deleted.

Last edited by ** Tay **; April 27th, 2013 at 09:38 PM.
April 18th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Ok Questions~

Did you always envision yourself as a SAHM? If not – what happened to change your mind? Yes. I knew I was born to raise a family!

What’s your biggest pet peeve with DH? What’s your biggest pet peeve with friends? Hes so anal about things... and about how clean the house is. He def. likes things a certain way and that is completely clutter free! He would be totally happy in a BARE BONES house - No decor, no NOTHING around, but the smell of bleach. With friends, I guess my biggest pet peeve would be flaking out. I get that things happen ( especially when your a sahm, as most my friends are! ) but it drives me crazy when people change plans at like, the last second!!

I know you like to cook healthy and eat healthy –but I also have a sneaking suspicion that you are a closet fast food lover. What’s your favorite fast food splurge? I am a fast food junkie. I do like to cook healthy, because otherwise I have no self control! I love Taco Bell and Mickey D's.

How are you a better parent than DH? How is he a better parent than you? I tend to stay calmer in situtations and be more laid back about them, it really takes a lot to get me steaming. He is much better about reminding me that they are babies. For example - since ty has been in her own bed for so long, thats where I expect her to sleep. Beaus bad about giving in and letting her sleep with us (and making me the bad guy in front of her by always saying yes!) - but then later he reminds me that we really are going to miss when they are itty bitty and just want to snuggle, and that we need to cherish it.

You and Beau had a “non traditional” start. At what point did you KNOW that this man was the one for you? I knew before we ever broke up. We are actually pretty different, but we compliment each other so well... Everything about him was what I wanted and even though I KNEW that, I didnt recognize it until months later (after the breakup) and I just knew I couldnt ever be with anyone else!

Salty or sweet? Both. Individually. I dont care for them together!

Books or movies? Favorites? Used to be books. I love feeling pages and curling up and getting into it, Imagining what characters look like and what not.
NOW, movies. I just have no time to get into books.

Pool or beach? Why? Beach... but I dont go in the ocean! Too many scary things there!!! That, and Ive always been super leery around water because Im not a strong swimmer.

Winter or summer? Why? Fall or Spring! I love the crisp cool air... where it doesnt freeze your entire nasal cavity and theres no humidity! Fall clothes are my favorite though! Unfortunately, here, both those seasons are pretty short

Also, how were you injured in the Army? Repelling. I hit the wall hard and fractured my femoral neck

Will you and Maggie build me a house? Of not, why? haha, of course One day

Babies up for the day!! Ill be back for the rest!
burnbot and mlc52811 like this.

April 18th, 2013, 07:51 AM
1.) Have you ever gone blonde oh lady of a thousand hairstyles? If so, did you have more fun? Oops…nevermind, I see by one of your photos that you DID. 2.) You did pageants!? a.) Do you watch Toddlers and Tiaras and b.) Will you (or do you already) do this with Tylee?
3.) We’ll start the drama off on Season One of Shop Girls after you steal my tape measure and break it but then won’t fess up to it. (This is important because my tape measure has special markings for idiots on it. Yes…for all my housebuilding prowess, I’m still a mathematical dolt.) I know that’s not a question, I’m just building plot.
4.) You told me your favorite fast food restaurants…but you didn’t tell me your go-to item to eat.
5.) When you DO read books...what are your favorites to read?
6.) Any particular music genre or artist thrilling you these days?
** Tay ** likes this.

April 18th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Very interesting! I learned several new things about you.

Questions:
What is your favorite crafty project you've made?
Where is your favorite place to shop, for you and then your kiddos?
Anything coming up that you're really looking forward to?

Pics:
I'd love to see some pics of your house.
Favorite vacay pics.
Any more pics of your adorable family, old or new, would also be great!
** Tay ** likes this.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

April 18th, 2013, 08:15 AM
I want to see a baby Tara photo.
Show me your favorite photo of Beau by himself.
Can we see your house?
** Tay ** likes this.

April 18th, 2013, 08:39 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
If you won the lottery, what would you change about your life?

What was the favorite year of your life (so far) and why?

PS: DO NOT SAY YOU ARE TOO FAT - you are seriously gorgeous. I'd break all of the commandants to be as slim.
** Tay ** likes this.

April 18th, 2013, 08:41 AM
[B]What is your favorite thing to do with Tylee? Projects... she loves to get creative like I do! And I love to work on pre-k stuff with her - love to see her learn new things!

What of yourself do you see in her? In Blake?
In her, I see my creative side, in blake I see my laid back side... I think hes gonna be an easy going guy
What of your DH do you see in your children? Tylee is super aware of her surroundings. ALWAYS. thats how beau is. He always is telling me to be alert because Im oblivious sometimes! Not sure yet in Blake.

Current favorite vacation spot and why? We love to go to Seaside, OR... were gonna go this summer.

If money was no object where would your fav vacay spot be? I dont know! I really have only been to a handful of states and Maui, so Im not sure! Somewhere warm and sandy!

Did you have a special talent that you did for pageants, or were they not that kind of pageant? I always sang and danced

What is your biggest annoyance with DH? Annoying that he feels he always needs to go after anyone to have things done the right (his) way... he does this at work and at home.

What is your favorite thing to cook? Lately, we've been having lettuce wraps a lot! They are soooo yummy and pretty quick to make!

April 18th, 2013, 09:00 AM
Have you ever gone blonde oh lady of a thousand hairstyles? If so, did you have more fun? Oops…nevermind, I see by one of your photos that you DID.
Sure have! Several times!!You did pageants!? a.) Do you watch Toddlers and Tiaras and b.) Will you (or do you already) do this with Tylee?
I do watch sometimes. Those are Glitz pageants and while they are NOT as dramatic as portrayed on that show - they are more than what I would get my daughter into at a young age. I do want her to do some like I did though! Im thinking of starting her around 5, even though that is ancient in the pageant world!!!

You told me your favorite fast food restaurants…but you didn’t tell me your go-to item to eat. Taco Bell - Bean burrito with sour cream and a double decker supreme and a side nacho. OR a crunchwrap supreme instead of the DD. Mickey D's - #4 large with a diet coke ... thats been my fav since it was a #2 haha.

When you DO read books...what are your favorites to read? Smut ones. Haha, If they have a half-dressed viking on the cover, chances are Ill love it.

Any particular music genre or artist thrilling you these days? not in particular. I tend to have a very eclectic music taste... I love 90s grunge rock, country and folksy/acousticy stuff most ( mumford and sons, ben harper, jack johnson, amos lee, edward sharpe, regina spektor - type stuff) folksy country too like randy rogers band, cross Canadian ragweed, reckless kelly, mickey and the motorcars...

What is your favorite crafty project you've made? Oh I dont even know! I do so many random things!! I dont think I could ever pinpoint one!! Probably something for Ty to wear....

Where is your favorite place to shop, for you and then your kiddos? Everyday clothes stuff?? Target and Old Navy, and the Gap for all of us. I also like Express and American Eagle.

Anything coming up that you're really looking forward to?
Finally maybe taking a vacay this year!! short term - Im excited fro blakes 4mo pics on Monday! Ill be including ty this time since she wasnt in his NB pics.

If you won the lottery, what would you change about your life? Like Mega Lottery? My house, car... probably not a whole lot else! I mean, I dont have a job to quit... I would be happy to have my husband home so we could all spend more time together going places!

What was the favorite year of your life (so far) and why? 2012. Not only did I have a baby ( Also loved 2009 for that reason)... but I finally got engaged to, and married the love of my life!! (even though technically that was 2011!) ...Im gonna say 2011/2012 actually

PS: DO NOT SAY YOU ARE TOO FAT - you are seriously gorgeous. I'd break all of the commandants to be as slim.
I know Im not fat. Im like a skinny chubby girl though... theres no way in HE LL I would EVER wear what I would have worn for a Halloween Costume now.
and thank you

April 18th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Reading over your answers makes me think we're sisters from another mother. There's just a lot of coincidences there. Well, apart from the fact that I'm a chubby skinny girl. I wonder what it's like to be a skinny chubby girl.

I feel like maybe you've already answered this previously, but do you envision going BACK to work when all kids are in school? If so - do you think you'll do esthetician work or something entirely different?
** Tay ** likes this.

April 18th, 2013, 12:02 PM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sure this has been covered somewhere along the line, but I can't remember. Any more kids in your future??

What does your day typically look like?

Favorite TV shows? Movies?

Are you a dog or a cat person?

What was your first date with DH like?

Do you consider yourself more of a city girl or a country girl?

What is your favorite breakfast food?

Favorite food on the grill?
(Now i'm hungry and very food-oriented)

Favorite Girl Scout cookie?

What kind of sewing machine do you use?

Do you play any instruments? And do you still sing like in the good ol' pageant days?

Were you more into Jared Leto or Leonardo DiCaprio in the 90's?

And speaking of the 90's, what was your biggest fashion crime during that awful decade? Photos are acceptable
** Tay ** likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search