Boston Marathon

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By bostoncreampie
  • 1 Post By Zukin
  • 1 Post By KMH
  • 3 Post By Tiffany8620
  • 2 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By yashobo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 03:43 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Praying for the victims and their families. Hope none of you are affected in anyway. My cousin who lives in Boston normally runs in it but decided not to this year because he is focusing on his ironman events. So glad he didn't. It is just so so sad.

Sisters, friends forever
April 16th, 2013, 08:30 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
It's so sad. We live 30 miles away and I feel anxious about it. We had plans to hit some museums this week since my son is on school break but I'm too nervous now. It's especially hard having children, feeling like the world is not as safe as you expect. I used to watch the Boston marathon as a kid, it's always been such a huge symbol of peace to me having everyone running together from all areas of the world. It's just terrible.
yashobo likes this.
April 16th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It's terrible, and they said it was a Saudi Nation or something that did it. I wish these terrorists would stop
yashobo likes this.

April 16th, 2013, 10:47 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
They don't have a suspect or any leads.
April 16th, 2013, 11:36 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Thoughts and prayers to everyone affected.

Right now my kids are too young to even know that these things happen. Claire thinks everyone is kind and helpful, and it breaks my heart that I will have to explain to her that there are people who do these things. How do I explain something that I don't understand myself?
yashobo likes this.

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (5), Abigail (3) and George (3)

April 16th, 2013, 02:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
It's very hard having children and seeing this type of thing happen. I wonder what kind of world I'm bringing my babies into, but then I remind myself that all I can do is raise my children to be kind, generous and loving.
KMH, yashobo and Belita like this.
April 16th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was picking my friend up from the airport in Boston yesterday. On my way in I drove under a bridge and saw the runners but on our way out there was a different look at the bridges and we saw about 6 ambulances with flashing lights heading into the city. I live 1 hour away from Boston and the entire drive back home we were seeing police cars rushing into the city. We were just saying how we needed to look up what happened when I got a text from DH and she got a phone call from her husband checking in on her. If her flight had landed 45 minute later we'd have had problems.

It's a sick world. One of my former co-worker's husband usually runs the marathon and didn't this year. Her 7 year old daughter said "I'm glad Daddy didn't run this year." Our poor babies should not have to grow up in a world like this.

Kristen, we're feeling the same way here. My friend is nervous about how bad security is going to be when they leave on Thursday. We thought about going to the zoo tomorrow but will be staying home instead. I usually like to watch the marathon and am always inspired by the Hoyts. That's the story I like to remember from the Marathon.
bostoncreampie and yashobo like this.

April 17th, 2013, 01:24 AM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My heart just breaks for all those affected, particularly the little kids. I have been crying since hearing about it. How does a little girl go from walking by herself to having no legs? I can't imagine how cruel and inhuman someone has to be to think up such a tragedy. I have really been praying for all those affected, particularly the dad who lost his son, daughter lost legs, and wife is critically ill with brain injury. How do you wake up one day and your whole world changes drastically from what you know it to be? May we never have a share in such a reality and may God comfort and love on those who are having to deal with that reality right now.
bostoncreampie likes this.

Sisters, friends forever

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search