Twosday GTKY :)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
What are two things you wish you could go back and tell your high school self?

1. There will come a day when you will not give a rat's patootie who was popular in high school!

2. In that same vein - Don't worry so much about the opinions of people who you don't like anyways. Why oh why did I stress so much about what certain people thought of me when I couldn't stand them anyways??? I wish I had just chilled out, been myself and not stressed about what the "cool" people thought.

April 16th, 2013, 01:05 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
1. Do better in school and try harder.

2. Get your summer school done early, not on the last day because the power will go out when your on your last set of problems and you wont graduate!! (Technically I am a high school drop out. I did not finish high school. When it was time to graduate I was 1 credit short so I signed up to take a basic math class worth 3 credits in summer school so I could walk with my class. I procrastinated and waited until the last day to go in and get all the work done. I was 5 minutes from finishing it and the power went out and did not come back on. I did all the work except for the very last quiz. I had just started it when the power went out. They wouldn't even budge and give me that one credit because I did not finish the course therefore I never got my diploma and never offically graduated. They told me the only other thing I could do was pay to get my GED. I refused because I didn't think it was fair. Now I don't need it because I have a college degree. No high school education but I have a college degree!)

Last edited by rhill4455; April 16th, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
April 16th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Super Mommy
I was kind of that kid in HS who had my stuff together (3.8 GPA, part time job, played sports, had a great group of friends, your standard over achiever)...so maybe just keep up the good work it will pay off in the end?
April 16th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
You are never leaving Georgia, so stop thinking about it all of the time and deal with it. We moved here when I started 9th grade and I obsessed about leaving the entire time. I'm still here....

Maybe join a club. I pretty much avoided all parts of school that weren't completely necessary.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

April 16th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Veteran
1. Don't have a long-term boyfriend & center your life around him. I broke up with him my senior year & had the time of my life after wards.

2. Join more clubs & be more active in extra-curricular activities.
April 16th, 2013, 07:02 PM
3kids3cats's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
1. Your face & body look awesome! So stop worrying about it!

2. You will survive all of the pain caused by your parents and find real love some day.

April 16th, 2013, 08:28 PM
Veteran
1 - Find satisfaction from within, no guy will give it to you.
2 - Whatever it takes make the talked about trip to meet your family. Take the summer, take longer, I don't care how much airfare to Australia is, go or you will always wonder "what if".

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search