Breastfeeding Momma's

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 08:12 AM
melissalaw's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How is the breastfeeding going? Now that our babies are almost one do you have any plans to wean soon?

We are still breastfeeding and Jacob is showing no signs of wanting to wean anytime soon. DH wants me to try to wean him soon but I don't think I will be able to wean him until he is ready. I'm going to transition him to whole milk during the day while he is at daycare so I can stop pumping at work but I am going to continue to nurse him in the mornings and at night until he is ready to stop.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy
April 22nd, 2013, 09:22 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
They are in the works to change it or already did but the AAP is recommending extended breastfeeding to two and beyond.
I have no plans to wean anytime soon and will still be pumping for the next year for when I have to leave him to do photo sessions. He is no longer taking a bottle for breast milk he takes it from the sippy.
I am personally not even going to offer cows milk... I just have no need to. BUT if I had to work full time and pump that is so much work and I would do the same thing you are doing.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
April 22nd, 2013, 10:14 AM
CarolynBB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still breastfeed about four times per day -- first thing in the morning, before each nap, and before bed. I have no plans to wean until she loses interest (I assume that as she drops naps, those feedings will drop naturally as well).
April 22nd, 2013, 10:24 AM
*Jillian*'s Avatar Baby #3 on the way
No plans to wean. We just go by her lead.

April 22nd, 2013, 05:35 PM
~Always~Hoping~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Jackson has been slowly dropping feeds lately which does make me sad! I think pretty soon he will only feed morning and night.

April 22nd, 2013, 07:03 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
I have no plans to wean. I plan on breastfeeding as long as we both enjoy it.

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search