MOTW is burnbot!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By Marie.sThrees
  • 2 Post By burnbot
  • 3 Post By burnbot
  • 3 Post By burnbot
  • 3 Post By burnbot

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Ask away. For the question schedule,
Monday: Post an intro about you, family etc. (post as little or as much as you'd like)
Tuesday: Post 20 facts about yourself.
Wednesday: Share pictures of yourself, family, etc .
Thursday: Answer any questions the ladies might have for you (please save all questions asked for this day)
Friday: Post pics that other members request from you. Things you might not think to post yourself.

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
April 29th, 2013, 01:17 PM
burnbot's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ohhh an introduction about me....Well, I am 25 years young and getting younger by the day. I have been happily married for almost 4 years to the love of my life. I grew up in a kind of crazy non-traditional household with my mom, brother, grandmother, and great grand parents. As a young child I did many activities. Dance, swimming, roller hockey, cheerleading...basically anything I wanted to do, and I was pretty good at anything I tried. But in the end I never really dedicated my time to anything and just sort of "went with the flow of life." In high school I was in ROTC and I had to make the choice between band and cheer leading so I chose band. I played clarinet for the first year in high school then decided to move to the drum line. (way more fun and cute boys!!)
I met DH when I was in 10th grade. He was the drum captain the year before I went to the drum line and ALL the girls loved him. Of course, I thought he was some sort of "playboy" so I didn't want anything to do with him. Who knew we would end up married. One friday night after the football game a few friends and I were going out to "party" and we ended up and DH's house (Rusty). He was so drunk and it was really funny when he was hitting on me but I ended up giving him my #. It was a few days before he called but he did...and we went out. It was easy to fall for him. He was/ is so sweet! (all the girls were jealous and it cause big time DRAMA with the girls in school resulting in many fights and school suspensions...oops)
It was five years of crazy ups and downs before he proposed. My mom was more excited about it than I was. LOL She was planning the wedding before I even knew he was proposing so obviously the engagement was quite short. It was a really well thought out proposal. He took me on vacation in the mountains of Tenn. We were with his whole family (his mom, dad, sister, her husband, and at the time only her one kid) staying at his Aunt Donna's wood cabin. He took me out riding on the four wheeler and we walked down the mountain to a special "spot" we liked to visit by the lake. Then he got down on one knee and pulled out the ring! I was shocked!! When I called my mom to tell her she said "FINALLY I have been planning and waiting for months!!" LOL Then 4 months later we had the most amazing wedding.
During all this planning time I had been working as the toddler teacher at a pre-school and going to school for child development. I later became the Director of the center and I made pretty good money, but I worked ALL the time. I'm talking like 100 hours a week. You see it was a daycare center called Kids By The Hour. Yes, you read that right. You could drop in at all hours of the day (and night) and pay hourly to have us watch your kids. Pretty awesome place for moms but the job was really demanding. I was in charge or scheduling and whenever someone didn't come to work I was always the one who had to fill in. Plus, with a drop-in kind of place it was hard to know how many kids you were going to have so we always had a day off but we were considered "on call" if there were too many kids for ratio.....AND once again I ALWAYS got called in. So I decided to quit that job and take a teaching position at another daycare called Bright Scholars. Best 4 years of my life!! I loved my job there, the kids, my boss, even my co-workers.
Then in Sep of 2010 my life forever changed when my mom got diagnosed with small-cell lung cancer. It was a HUGE shock because she hadn't shown any signs of being sick before this. And she never walked, she RAN! She did the work of 10 people at her job and still managed to be there for my brother and I. She got a cold and went to a walk-in clinic type place. They took X-rays and sent her to the hospital, they tested and that was that. She started treatments right away and it was the worst 10 months of my life. Just watching her, so sick and weak, deteriorate in front of me...it was awful. When she finally passed on Oct. 22, 2011 I couldn't go back to work. I was so sad. I laid in her bed in her room and cried for days. DH had no idea what to do. But eventually I came around and realized that life had to go on. So DH and I used my mom's retirement savings to take a "2nd honeymoon" to Sandals in Jamaica over new years. It was so much fun! Just what I needed! I never have gone back to work.....
Dh was in college for music and got his AA but wasn't really happy with it so he has been going pre-med for the past 2 years. He really wants to do surgery and may try to specialize in an area like the brain or heart. He does great in school and amazes me everyday with the person he has become. We have both been working on "ourselves" a lot lately and it has made our lives very happy. I'm nervous about the next 4 years when he is is med school. I know he will be busy and we may have to move. It's a long road ahead of us....

April 29th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow so sorry for your loss. That is how DH's dad is. He went to his cardiologist in Feb and they saw a spot on his leg, now it is April and he has Stage 4 melanoma. Scary stuff.

But onto happy stuff. What kind of drums did you play? Like snare? quads?

Do y'all want more kids?

Does your DH like Grey's Anatomy lol
April 30th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Veteran
I have to say, the story of your mom really touched me to read about. I'm sooo sorry for your loss too. It really instill in you that there is no predicting when our times will be..... (((hugs))) I wish there were more than just cyber hugs I could send you.

A daycare by the hour is insane! But..... I would have loved to have one around here. It seems that if you work after 530pm you can't find anything here in town.
About how many kids would you have at any given time?

Ok, TRUE questions:
Favorite ice cream flavor?
Do you think you'll return to work once your kids are older? Same occupation?
What kind of car do you drive?
What's the best part of being a stay at home mom, in your opinion?

I'll be back to ask you more later......
taatie10 likes this.
April 30th, 2013, 09:45 AM
20 facts about me....

1. I love all things crafty. Sewing, knitting, scrapbooking....

2. I love "playing" like a little kid. Swinging at the park, swimming races in the pool, play-doh, coloring, bouncy houses, tickle and pillow fights, jumping on the bed in hotels....wonder why I made a great pre school teacher?

3. My fast food weakness is a whopper and fries from BK....and a LARGE Dr Pepper

4. I love the summer and everything that comes with it...pool, beach, and afternoon storms.

5. I prefer baths over showers.

6. I have a pretty "dark" sense of humor (love Family guy, South Park, Mitch Hedburg, and Andrew Jesilnik)

7. I love to watch "reality" TV like Dance Moms, Teen Mom, Cheer Perfection.

8. I don't like it when guys try to be "soft" and girly....I'd much rather have a dirty, rugged man with tattoos.

9. I like to laugh at "B" slice movies like Double headed Shark Attack and MegaShark Vs. Crockasarous....Yes that is a real movie! It's awesome (but in a whole different sense of the word)

10. DH and I tend to bust out in song and dance at any given time that we are "feeling it".

11. I don't listen to radio music....I have my own CD and record collection of music no one else has heard before....

12. I really don't mind most housework...it doesn't bother me...but I HATE dishes with everything I have!

13. I love my animals like they are children. I have 3 dogs and a rabbit.

14. I like to make up my own words and use them like everyone knows what I'm talking about. (buh-guh is my latest one, you know like ugh buh guh!)

15. Cooking is a new hidden talent that I didn't know I had....Now that I'm experimenting I'm realizing that I'm actually really good at it.

16. I love going bowling and playing games at places like Latitude 30 and Dave and Busters.

17. I LOVE going out to listen to local bands. Especially at the beach....

18. I love to play music by myself but hate performing and speaking in front of a group of people.

19. I'm pretty "quiet" until you get to know me....then I won't shut up.

20. I love any and all holidays! I always go all out for them!
Marie.sThrees and mlc52811 like this.

April 30th, 2013, 11:24 AM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again: I’m so sorry to hear about your mom, Brenna. It seems like cancer has touched everyone’s life in one way or another. I’m sorry to hear that it played such a crucial and sad role in yours.

Some personal questions that come to mind:

You don’t mention your dad in any of the background, so I assume that he wasn’t a part of your life growing up. Has that changed as an adult?

Having lost your mother to cancer, do you think that has changed the way that you live your life? I know that some people choose to eat very healthy, exercise, etc…and other people just say, “Screw it!” and live their life the way that they want.

What’s the last book that you read?

What perfume do you wear? What’s DH’s favorite perfume on you?

Congratulations! You won the Powerball! You now have 50 million dollars to spend (after tax) – so what are you getting?

PHOTOS: Will you share a photo of you with your mom? You and DH on your wedding day? Brenna in labor with Zoey?
April 30th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
I too love Cheer Perfection!! DH can't stand that stuff, but love it!
May 1st, 2013, 08:30 AM
Blcooper32's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What is your junk food must have?
What is your fav outfit? Pics please
If you could go anywhere where would you go on vacation

Pictures lets see some family pics
And vacation pics if you have any

thank you bokkechick for my wonderful siggy

May 1st, 2013, 08:08 PM
Sorry I didn't post earlier I was really busy (and in a lot of pain) today.

I have LOTS of pics to share
Here's one from WAY BACK...this is DH and his band at a show

Had to post this one of DH because I think it's HOT! He doesn't smoke ciggs this was just a weird occasion...

from our wedding

first ultra sound

my belly when I got PG with Zoey

our engagement!!!

first pregnancy cravings....Zion wants some too

wedding photos...

Maid of honor and SIL

my mom and grandma

my brother and I

my dad is the grey haired man

my crazy family friends and family!

DH and I on our honeymoon in Jamaica...this is Bob Marley's rock from the song..."the cold ground was my bed, and a hard rock was my pillow"

BUCKETHEAD!!

Universal!

the vacation I took when my mom passed..

May 1st, 2013, 08:20 PM
Sorry but I have more

this is a picture of one of my preschool classes

my mom and family right before she passed (1 week before)

Zion's costume I made

bowling!

my favorite place...besides the beach

4th of July (last year)

South Carolina golf trip

FOOTBALL!!!!

Papa's Xmas presents

May 1st, 2013, 08:41 PM
obviously I am picture crazy...

these are in no sort of order

me, DH, brother, and mom

my bridal shower....mom, grandma. MIL, and GMIL

playing music

DH at a school performance...

my curly hair...almost forgot those days

Halloween 2008

the Blue Man Group

some random pics...

this is my best friend

Sorry I posted so many but it was really fun going through old pics!!

May 2nd, 2013, 12:55 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Love love love all the pics

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
May 2nd, 2013, 07:46 AM
But onto happy stuff. What kind of drums did you play? Like snare? quads?
I was what we like to call a "symbol b****". I flipped symbols and then held them together for the quad players to use. Doesn't take much skill but I didn't care. I got to hang with cute boys.

Do y'all want more kids?
YES! If everything goes the way I want (which it hardly ever does) I will have 4 kids 2 girls- 2 boys.....

Does your DH like Grey's Anatomy?
your crazy...med school students don't watch TV He never has time!

About how many kids would you have at any given time? When I worked at Kids By The Hour we still had to follow the rules on child to teacher ratio so we didn't take infants because the ratio is too small and it wasn't worth paying teachers. We usually had close to 12 toddlers and 20-25 older kids, plus the VPK class. It was a pretty busy place. I have to admit that I plan to take Zoey there when she is old enough. It's only $6.50 an hour and I could go grocery shopping by myself!

Favorite ice cream flavor?
plain vanilla

Do you think you'll return to work once your kids are older? Same occupation?
I may go back to work but if everything goes as planned with DH's school it will only be for fun not for money. I loved my kids, but it was a really stressful job.

What kind of car do you drive?
I am proud to say that I OWN my Toyota Corolla. It's a 2006 and has always been a great car. Never had anything worse than a flat tire.

What's the best part of being a stay at home mom, in your opinion?
Making my own schedule. Of course, I have to do what Zoey want to do, when she wants to do it. But other things like when to do dishes or laundry, and when to go out of the house. I love that I don't have to wake up at a specific time. If Zoey sleeps in, so does mommy!

May 2nd, 2013, 08:05 AM
You don’t mention your dad in any of the background, so I assume that he wasn’t a part of your life growing up. Has that changed as an adult?
Wow, I am the worst daughter ever! My dad has been a huge part of my life, he just never lived with us. He is a welder so he has to travel for work and we only see him when he gets time off. My mom and dad were great friends and they stayed married....they just weren't "together." I didn't have one of those "broken homes" people talk about. My mom and dad got along fine. My dad just had to make sacrifices to support us.

Having lost your mother to cancer, do you think that has changed the way that you live your life? I know that some people choose to eat very healthy, exercise, etc…and other people just say, “Screw it!” and live their life the way that they want.
The way I live has changed a lot since losing my mom. I see all the things now that she was trying to teach me. I will also NEVER become a smoker! It is a 90% chance that her cancer started from the YEARS of smoking 2 packs of Newport Lights a day. I definitely look at smoking differently because I feel that it is something you can choose to start. Once addicted, I know it's hard to quit but why people even start has always been a bit out of my range of comprehension.

What’s the last book that you read? Glad you asked! 1984....an all time favorite of mine. I have read it 10 times or more. I think I am going to re-read the Harry Potter series too!

I usually just use cheap body spray, but I do have some Ralph Lauren that my mom got me way back and I love the way it smells. I use it when I go out to do something "special." DH isn't too picky about that stuff...as long as I don't smell like BO he's usually ok with it....even then I think he would still try to sleep with me

Congratulations! You won the Powerball! You now have 50 million dollars to spend (after tax) – so what are you getting?
A house!! Not just one to buy, building one. DH grew up building houses with his dad so I would have his dad hire some people to build it and we could design EVERYTHING! That is our ultimate plan when DH is a Dr and we get money. We actually live in a house that his dad and grandfather built.
Outside of that, I would want a vacation house on really nice beaches somewhere. Maybe Jamaica....Love it there.....
I would add a music studio to my house too. Then DH and his band could FINALLY record their music!!

May 2nd, 2013, 08:06 AM
Wow, I am the worst daughter ever! My dad has been a huge part of my life, he just never lived with us. He is a welder so he has to travel for work and we only see him when he gets time off. My mom and dad were great friends and they stayed married....they just weren't "together." I didn't have one of those "broken homes" people talk about. My mom and dad got along fine. My dad just had to make sacrifices to support us.

The way I live has changed a lot since losing my mom. I see all the things now that she was trying to teach me. I will also NEVER become a smoker! It is a 90% chance that her cancer started from the YEARS of smoking 2 packs of Newport Lights a day. I definitely look at smoking differently because I feel that it is something you can choose to start. Once addicted, I know it's hard to quit but why people even start has always been a bit out of my range of comprehension.

What’s the last book that you read? Glad you asked! 1984....an all time favorite of mine. I have read it 10 times or more. I think I am going to re-read the Harry Potter series too!

I usually just use cheap body spray, but I do have some Ralph Lauren that my mom got me way back and I love the way it smells. I use it when I go out to do something "special." DH isn't too picky about that stuff...as long as I don't smell like BO he's usually ok with it....even then I think he would still try to sleep with me

A house!! Not just one to buy, building one. DH grew up building houses with his dad so I would have his dad hire some people to build it and we could design EVERYTHING! That is our ultimate plan when DH is a Dr and we get money. We actually live in a house that his dad and grandfather built.
Outside of that, I would want a vacation house on really nice beaches somewhere. Maybe Jamaica....Love it there.....
I would add a music studio to my house too. Then DH and his band could FINALLY record their music!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search