Check in time

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree32Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 1st, 2013, 12:41 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Let's just have a check-in and a catch-up.

Say hi, tell us what you and owlet have been doing this week. I'm so busy and I miss you ladies.

I've basically been jobhunting this week. I'm behind with hosting and mod stuff, behind with my FB page, everything.

I still have two applications to write this week, too. And of course we've had the health visitor over, and I need to take Daniel to the doc after school tomorrow because the eczema on his chin is rife.

Michaela's doing well, getting over yet another cold. Her amber teething necklace came (I'll try to get a pic soon). I wasn't sure it was doing anything but then today Shaun got up with her and forgot to put it on her, and by the end of the day she was cranky, drooling and very red-cheeked. So I won't be forgetting tomorrow.
Mom2JDub likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 12:52 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
Kata has changed SOOOOO much in the last couple weeks. Shes saying a lot of words now (well a few, that's a lot to me!) I thought she already had some major personality but its in full force now! Shes trying to cruise, walking with her walker, and can keep a beat while drumming. I couldn't ask for more

May 1st, 2013, 12:59 PM
She looks so grown up Julie!
Mrs.Julie likes this.

May 1st, 2013, 02:11 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
We're doing pretty well. Work is very busy and getting busier. Jack is great, but he's had a few really bad nights with sleeping. I mean, he's never been a good sleeper, but he's been up at least every hour for several nights in a row. Could be more teeth, could be a growth spurt (he's eating a lot more too), could be that he's so very close to crawling. He will move one knee forward and then lunge himself. Whatever the case, he's quite restless at night, which makes this working mama very tired. The one bright point is that he hasn't been too fussy, just not sleeping well.

My DH and I are celebrating our seven-year wedding anniversary on Saturday with a dinner out at our favorite restaurant while SIL babysits.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; May 1st, 2013 at 03:40 PM.
May 1st, 2013, 02:20 PM
Enjoy your well-deserved night out Adrienne!

May 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been bedridden since Saturday night with a terrible sickness so I understand the being behind!! My husband just came home from work and said he has it now. Luckily just today I seem to be doing a bit better. It's just tough because I can't take anything since I am breastfeeding so he shouldn't have quite such a hard time with it! So tomorrow and Friday I will need to be a busy little bee to catch up on all of my work! Micah learn how to crawl up the flight of stairs we have with no help. He crawled over to them and up them like he had done it 100 times!
aubers68 and Mom2JDub like this.
May 1st, 2013, 04:47 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Cam's sleep still sucks. But nothing new there! He is cruising everywhere, constantly stands on his knees, letting go of toys before grabbing me (or vice versa). He can also climb 2 stairs...scares me to death! And no teeth! Very clingy, and I think he's going through a growth spurt.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
May 1st, 2013, 05:58 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
We've just been keeping busy to help time pass before our trip home for a month on the 19th. I cannot wait - I soooo need this trip! We have been doing a lot of meet ups with friends, enjoying the sunshine & warm weather!

Adalyn is going through her 9mo growth spurt, cutting her top two teeth, crawling everywhere, starting to really cruise along furniture and boy does she have a little temper on her. She's my pistol. She loves her sister to pieces & is starting to pick up things from her - Like loud screeching. Hah! She's a blast!

May 1st, 2013, 07:56 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We're doing great, Hannah is army crawling everywhere and starting to climb, she's also been mostly sleeping through the night! Work had really taken off and is keeping me very busy!
May 1st, 2013, 08:15 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
It's good to hear all is well and that you are busy looking for a job!

Oz is crusing around on furniture, said bye-bye for the first time on the weekend and is generally in good spirits though I think he might be working on more teeth.

Pinterest
Flickr
May 1st, 2013, 09:33 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doing pretty good over here. Summer is a blast! She's sleeping pretty well at night now and I'm soooo afraid for more teeth to come and ruin it. Fingers crossed that won't be the case! She says mama ALL.THE.TIME! We're really trying to get her to say other words but she shows no interest, same with crawling! LOL she rolls around everywhere. Weather is also getting nicer here so we've been out n about a lot
Mom2JDub, Jessimaaka and Mrs.Julie like this.

May 2nd, 2013, 05:50 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Sarah is growing like a weed. She wants to stand all the time but doesn't have her balance yet so I usually let her stand between my legs for something to hold onto. Makes for some tired legs! She is showing more interest in food but still isn't eating full meals yet, just some snacks here and there. She just amazes me with her interest in playing with her toys and how great her motor skills are. She has no interest in crawling, but can turn herself in circles sitting on her tush. She usually sleeps pretty good at night but I think is hitting a growth spurt so its boob in the mouth all.night.long the last week or so. Thank God for co-sleeping or we'd have some extra long nights.

I'm SOOOO thankful we've had some nice weather this last week. We've hit the park several times and been out in the yard. My big girls REALLY needed that, they've been monsters cooped up all winter. They have SO much energy and are so much happier when they can get it out. Can't WAIT for te pool to open up in another month or so. We are also going to the open house for Audrey's kindy class tonight. She's really excited. Sam will be in pre-k in the fall too. It' will be weird to just have Sarah at home with me.
Mom2JDub likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 08:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Busy here. Both a busy schedule and busy Vincent. He's into everything! And such a mamas boy. I can't walk through the room without him crawling to me to be held. It's sweet, but you know, exhausting. I do love this age though, with all the developmental growth. Very fun, but the best part is seeing my older kids enjoying Vincent as much as we do. They love watching him learn new things and being able to help him learn. Precious.
But yeah, busy with end if school year stuff both for the kids and hubby, who teaches. Lots of events winding everything down.
Mom2JDub likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 08:54 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Everything's back to normal now that I'm back at work. I weaned recently and now Emily's STTN, although it's still in our bed. Napping is still a nightmare both at home and school, since she doesn't want to miss out on anything, but I'll take what I can get.

She has mastered crawling and is now standing on her own for a few seconds at a time. She babbles all the time but no distinctive words, just abababa, agagaga, alalala, etc. Her 2 bottom teeth are in and now she's working on her top 2. Now that it's getting hot down here, we're going to start her on swimming lessons, so that will be a fun new adventure.
Mom2JDub likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 09:40 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Pippa is just now learning to crawl and pull to standing. She was not interested in doing much other than sitting until very recently. She seems to be teething finally, and we have resorted to Tylenol at night so that she isn't in pain. Her gums are swollen and puffy, so I hope she won't suffer much longer. She has handled it very well.

She spends most of her time nursing when I am home. She is incredibly attached to that time with me. Her favorite time is when I get home from work and take her to my bed to nurse. Sometimes she will take 90 minutes to nurse on both sides. I cherish that time with her. I'm so grateful she still wants to nurse so much even though we have introduced solids.

She has become very talkative. She said, "I want babas" and "I want Dada" recently. She also said her own name. Much like our other kids, she is slower on the physical milestones and earlier on the verbal skills.
Mom2JDub likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are here.
Tbis week has been crazy!
I have been pulling double shifts left and right. So I have been kind of crazy.
Tuckr is doing good. He turned 8 months old on sunday.
Getting big fast!
Mom2JDub likes this.

May 2nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran

AJ with our chocolate lab puppies!! He is doing really good lately!! He is working on his 6th or 7th tooth! He teeths very hard, so this Momma is glad that night's etc. are going better.
He also just started waving BYE! It's absolutely adorable!! He also says da-da every now and then. Goes from sitting to belly to rolling everywhere! It's so weird to look where you left him, and he's nowhere near there. He'll stay standing long just holding on to stuff, but doesn't make any effort to move. Kinda does an army crawl, but then resorts to rolling since it's faster. lol He also patty cakes.
I am trying to wean him off his acid reflux meds. We'll see how that works. I'm still cutting absolutely all dairy from my diet... except on Monday I tried to eat alittle choc. cake with PB icing, and he didn't seem to mind it!!! Trying not to get too hopeful, but I might keep trying little by little, and see how he reacts. (He bled internally from it.. came through in his bm & screamed from the pain)
We don't do too much food.... just puffs every now and then, and he inhales them! lol I also gave his reflux meds with food, but that's it, all else breastfeeding.
I just thank God for this little beam of sunshine in our home!! <3
Mom2JDub likes this.
May 2nd, 2013, 07:53 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I miss guys so much. I'm currently completely computer less until I can afford to have my laptop repaired. I try to get on, on my phone but it's so slow. Harper has 2 teeth now, she eats 3 meals a day, basically any fruit veg and meat you put in front of her. She's learning to drink from a sippy, she is finally crawling and weight baring. She will
Stand unsupported until she realises you've let go lol. My other kids are good, my love life is amazing. I'm very busy and tired but life is good.
Mom2JDub and Jessimaaka like this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (16) and K (11), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our 1st together in 2015.
May 3rd, 2013, 06:30 AM
Super Mommy
Things are great here. I finally got my date night with Jeremy. Abby is crawling all over and pulling up and cruising on everything. Nathan has been really good with her lately. He's loving that she can chase him and play more. The weather has been fantastic so we've been spending a lot of time outside.
Mom2JDub likes this.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
May 3rd, 2013, 07:31 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
I love this age! Mel has finally started crawling and is all over the place. It's like something clicked and she realizes she can do stuff on her own. She will grab a toy from her brother and gets livid when he takes something from her. Can we say payback? She's pulled to standing a few times but I'm in no hurry for her to walk.

Other than that, my kids are getting along so well. LJ is so excited that she can play with him now, they'll entertain each other nicely while I fold laundry, cook dinner, etc. They both get a kick out of crawling down the hallway and playing "hide and seek. "It's so much easier to get stuff done now, even though they seem to make twice the mess.

Mel still does a lot of babbling, but she sings and dances with her maracas and it's the cutest thing ever. She also says up, down while doing the hand motions, and cracks up at her brother all day long.
Mom2JDub likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search