Useful/Useless?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Now that we are farther along, what items are you finding a godsend and what could you live without?

Surprisingly, the Bumbo seat has become a godsend with Cam. She loves sitting up in it and hanging out with mommy on the bed. Akadia wanted nothing to do with it and I almost got rid of it before having Cam. On the flip side, I used the changing table religiously with Akadia and now it's just a place for junk to sit. I change Cam wherever I can lay her down.

May 8th, 2013, 12:41 AM
Veteran
Bumbo and swing get no use around here but bouncy seats (I have 3) and excersaucers I couldn't live without.
May 8th, 2013, 07:48 AM
mollymalone's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our swing gets about 10 minutes of use a day max. She JUST started liking her jumperoo. I thought it was going to be a waste too. Bumbo is ok for short term.

May 8th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Veteran
Bouncer and bumbo seat Get tooons of use, She loves both of those....Especially the bouncer... same with her playmat, she's been using it since about 3 weeks.... Baby Bjorne has been a literal godsend, I've been using it since m was 4 weeks has been the only way could get some things done around the house especially when she was really tiny and couldnt entertain herself at all... She Loves it....We used it at disney just recently a few weeks ago to and she loved it.. plan on taking it to florida again here soon.. She likes her exosaucer to buy only usually for short term... The swing she only likes when she's tired and works good for naps, but if she's not sleepy she won't sit in it never has wanted to.... Changing pad only use when upstairs downstairs she gets changed anywhere...... She doesn't like her teethers to much, would rather chew on her links or another toy....

Last edited by alybr; May 8th, 2013 at 08:26 AM.
May 8th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Glycerin19's Avatar Mindful Mama
The jumper and exersaucer are the best around here. I have to say though that I have officially given up on cloth diapers. They are nothing but trouble for us. I'm also frustrated with wraps. Norah wants me to hold her all of the time, but she gets so mad in every type of wrap/sling that I have. I'm really bummed because I need my hands free.

Mom to Norah (12/5/2012), Stella (5), Elly (7), and Nick (12)

May 8th, 2013, 05:39 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Noah loves his jumperoo- the best $30 bucks ever from a yardsale! I could have lived without the whole nursery. We are almost never in there. His crib is in our room. His room is used for clothes and storing his toys.

[/url

May 9th, 2013, 08:22 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Our exersaucer is one of the most used things, he loves playing in there. The swing was good for the first two months, but then he got to heavy for it. The most useless was the pack and play, I used it to store toys and thats it.
May 10th, 2013, 07:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Favorites are the jumparoo, bouncy seat, Moby wrap, and MaiTai.

Not needed are the bumbo seat. The diaper pail and changing table I loved with DS1, but never use now.

The swing was good for a short time, but no longer used. The crib will get use when he starts sleeping thru the night, and the pack n play is just now starting to be useful. I find the pack n play works better between 9-18 months for us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search