First Birthday Present Exchange

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 17th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
OK Mama Owls! It's time to start thinking about celebrations as our owlets are very nearly ONE! Can you believe it?!

Emma has already started sign-ups for a siggy we can *wear* if we choose over the summer.

We will also be having a birthday present exchange, and a virtual party, but we are waiting for a new co-host to be appointed before we start planning the party, as they may want to be involved or have some good ideas for it.

The exchange, however, because of choosing or making gifts and shipping, we need to get under way with.

At Emma's suggestion, I am pretty much going to do the same as we did in the cyber shower, because it worked really well, with a couple of updates.

~*~ RULES ~*~

The main rule is this
: to participate in the present exchange you must have been a member of this PR for at least 3 months, and have made at least 200 posts on the main board. (If you have been here since we were a DDC you know you have this. If not, don't worry, I will check it out for you).

The second rule is this: You must either be an active member now, posting at least weekly, OR have been a regular active member in the past. If you're not sure, PM me.

This is not to be mean, you have to remember you receive someone's actual home address as part of the deal, and we have to be sure that those participating are genuine people who will definitely send a gift.

The final rule is this: If for any reason you do not send a gift and do not notify me that you are unable to do so by the date specified, you will not be allowed to participate in future exchanges in this PR.

~*~ INFORMATION ~*~

• There will be a choice of three budgets to sign up for: $10, $15 or $20 excluding postage. If you are happy to go with any, please say so as this may help organisation. The value of your present should be as close to the budget as possible. It is up to you if you wish to exceed the budget. Slightly less is fine, especially if shipping internationally, but significantly less is unfair to your recipient.
  • You may state whether you are willing to ship internationally. I would appreciate it if you volunteer to do so if you are financially able, as there are only a few of us outside the US / Canada and it may mean us not getting to participate if nobody volunteers. If volunteering, please state whether you have shipped internationally in an exchange before, if at all possible I will choose people who have not in the first instance.
  • You are buying a present for BABY as it is baby's birthday, and we did mommies at Christmas. Please make sure when signing up that you give the person buying for you at least a couple of hints as to what you and your baby might like.
  • You may buy and then post the present yourself, or buy it from an internet store and have it delivered to the recipient directly (which may be particularly helpful if sending internationally). The present or part of the present may be home-made, providing the value of the present is still equivalent to your choice of budget.
  • Proof of postage is required but I do not recommend getting a tracking number as this is now prohibitively expensive. I will give all participants my email address, and will accept a picture of a postal receipt (either scanned or taken on a good quality digital camera where I can read the writing), or a forwarded confirmation email from an online retailer if it is being delivered directly.
  • The deadline to send presents, given that many owlets have birthdays in June and July and I don't want them to be receiving too long after, will be Wednesday 10th July. If you sign up and then later find out you need to pull out due to genuine reasons (such as sudden change in finances or major life crisis) please inform me by Saturday 22nd June. This gives time for me to re-arrange and avoid anyone going without.
  • Should the unthinkable happen and anyone be left without a gift due to non-participation, I will post on the main board and ask for donations from other participants to remedy the situation. I appreciate not everyone would be in a position to make an extra donation, I would just ask that if you can you do, out of fairness to myself and the person left without.

~*~ SIGN-UPS ~*~

To sign up, please copy & paste the following into PMs and PM it to me. The deadline to sign up is Saturday 1st June.

Full name for postage:
Baby's name and birthday (in case your buyer wants to time it to get there in time):
Suggestions / hints:
Full postal address inc country (unless you gave me this HERE for the Mother's Day Hugs - don't assume I can still find it if you sent it to me on FB!):
Budget $10 / $15 / $20 / Open :
Will you ship internationally:
If yes, have you shipped internationally in a previous exchange:

PLEASE DO NOT COPY PASTE AND POST IN THE THREAD - YOUR ADDRESS MUST NOT BE VISIBLE HERE, IT'S A PUBLIC FORUM! Thank you.

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; June 7th, 2013 at 04:19 AM. Reason: messed up deadline date
May 18th, 2013, 05:19 AM
Thank you for the 3 PMs I've had so far! I'm playing as well of course (providing there are people willing to ship to UK).
Mountain~Mama and aubers68 like this.

May 20th, 2013, 04:44 AM
I've had a few so far. Thank you!

Please ask any questions you may have in this thread.

May 27th, 2013, 09:57 AM
31st May is a Friday, dunno how I messed that up.

Anyway, you have a week left to sign up ladies, and thanks to all the ladies who already did!
aubers68 likes this.

June 3rd, 2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks to all who have signed up!

I anticipate assigning people to buy for this Thursday. I would ideally have liked to do it sooner but I have an important job app to do this week and only day I can do it is tomorrow, as I have appointments Wed and Thur, and prob need to do a food shop Wed as well as we are running out of everything. So IF anyone wants to sign up late and I receive your PM by end of Wed I am happy to accept it (I will extend the deadline accordingly). Xxx.
aubers68 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search