My first appointment and sono!! ^_^

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes
  • 4 Post By Ame C
  • 1 Post By anhoyle
  • 1 Post By JNIEVES
  • 1 Post By Leanne78
  • 1 Post By rhill4455
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 2 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By Enceinte2012
  • 1 Post By Belita
  • 1 Post By alybr
  • 1 Post By babymama10
  • 1 Post By melaniek85

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2013, 04:04 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
So far so good, everything is looking great!! Little heart was flickering away but I didn't ask how many bpm. My Dr put me at 6 weeks 3 days and said he would like to do some stress tests when I am further along and possibly induce around 38weeks (when we lost Clyde). DH wasn't happy with that idea at all but I'm pretty partial to the idea. I just want this baby out safe and sound and sometimes baby really is safer on the outside more so than they are on the inside. We will see, still a long time before then. Mark your calendars, my next appointment is June 17 which is 4 weeks from now. I'm not sure what all they will be doing then but I doubt there will be another sono already. Dr didn't say anything about one.

Here's our sweet little one Dr said it was unlikely that there was a 2nd little babe hiding in there and I was like keep looking!!

May 20th, 2013, 04:40 PM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is great news! Praying everything goes smoothly for you! I don't think the inducing is such a bad thing. You have plenty of time to think about it. I'm so happy for you guys!
Ame C likes this.

[/url

May 20th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Veteran
congrats.
Ame C likes this.
May 21st, 2013, 09:28 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Yay! Hi cute little bean! Honestly, if I was in your shoes, I'd be all up on that induction. Normally, I'm big anti-induction, but in this case I think I would just want that baby out safe and sound. It's definitely something you have lots of time to think about and you can see how things are looking before making any final decisions. I had NST's twice a week with Akadia and although it as a pain going in, it really gives you peace of mind having all those checks.
Ame C likes this.

May 21st, 2013, 01:14 PM
rhill4455's Avatar Mom to 3 girls and a boy!
Send a message via AIM to rhill4455 Send a message via Yahoo to rhill4455
Yay!!! Hi baby!!!
Ame C likes this.

May 21st, 2013, 01:55 PM
Belita's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So glad it looks good so far! I'd go for the induction, too. I know the chances of what happened to Clyde happening again are slim but you're right, sometimes it's better for baby and mama to have the baby on the outside. I know Brittanie gets induced before the point she lost Cora.
Ame C likes this.

May 21st, 2013, 02:30 PM
Yea, Brittanie and I talked about inductions a little. I'm not scared of being induced, I was induced with Clyde and so I know how it feels. I also know that being induced at 38 weeks is really not very risky for baby but the hospital has a NICU so that is a little peace of mind just in case baby needed that level of care. I really am "all up on the induction" but I will have to talk to DH about it when the time is more appropriate. He is just going to have to understand.

May 21st, 2013, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I think this is one of those things that he'll have to just give in to you. I saw that BluEyes is in your DDC with you. Must be scary as hell for the ladies in there to see the two of you, but I'm so glad both of you are pregnant and things are going well. I hope both of you have healthy, living babies in January!
Ame C and BluEeyes like this.

May 22nd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Her and I have kept in contact this whole time. I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I say that she has helped during some of my most darkest times and I'm happy to have been there for her as well. Her first appointment is this week too, so I'm excited to hear what her Dr says. I think her and I are both pretty nervous but she seems to be in really good spirits which has rubbed off on me a little and helped lift my spirits up. I can't wait to find out when her due date is!! I think it has to be right around mine because we got our BFPs within days of one another!!

The Jan'14 DDC is having a lot of early losses I imagine this happens with every DDC but I have only been able to bring myself to read about 2 of them. It makes me too sad and worried and I'm trying to hold onto every piece of sanity I have left! From what I gather, most the women in the Jan'14 DDC have suffered a type of loss or this is their first baby... so yes, there are probably many worried ladies in there at the moment.

May 22nd, 2013, 09:06 AM
Enceinte2012's Avatar Super Mommy
Amy, so happy for your and your DH! Glad everything is going well. Please continue to keep us updated!
Ame C likes this.

~*~Meghann~*~
Proud Mommy to Amber and Addyson

May 22nd, 2013, 02:18 PM
That's good that you two have each other. I know how scary those losses were for me to see after having a miscarriage I can only imagine how scary it would be for you to see them. But, I'm going to think positive for both you and BluEyes that you'll both have healthy living babies come January, so nothing but good things for both of you!
Ame C likes this.

May 23rd, 2013, 07:45 AM
Veteran
I'm so happy for you!! I'm sure it's difficult, but just try and enjoy your pregnancy I have a good friend at work who's first was stillborn and went on to have 2 children after and no other issues
Ame C likes this.
May 31st, 2013, 01:27 PM
.h00dihoo.this.'s Avatar *Siggy.Legend*
Send a message via MSN to .h00dihoo.this. Send a message via Yahoo to .h00dihoo.this.
congrats!
June 2nd, 2013, 10:27 PM
Veteran
thats exciting!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 3rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
6 Girls and 4 Boys
Congratulations!!!!! I remember praying for you after hearing about what happened. I am so sorry. I am so happy you are pregnant and I agree 100% with being induced. If you know you are for sure going to be induced the they will prepare the baby with steroids and other things so that baby will have almost no or none complications.
With several of my children were born around the 37th week and been perfectly fine with no need for NICU.
Congratulations once again!!!!!!
Ame C likes this.
June 5th, 2013, 06:27 AM
Thank you all.

My next appointment is on the 17th and although the time has gone by fast, it feels like I still have a LONG time to wait. I wish I could have an appointment once a week so I could feel better. I really am way more uptight and stressed-out this pregnancy.

June 6th, 2013, 07:37 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I can't wait to hear about your next appointment!
Ame C likes this.

June 12th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
Amy,
I still think of you often. I am so happy for you and keep praying for a healthy and safe delivery!
June 18th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Derby Girl's Avatar Veteran
How was your appoinment Amy?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search