Confessions of a December Mommy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree26Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2013, 06:27 AM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishinfor2ndblessing View Post
I confess that I will purposefully not give Sophia a full bottle in the evening so that I can feed her again before bed time. If she eats dinner before 8 she will NOT STTN. So if she gets hungry between 4-7 I will adjust the amount between 2-4 oz (consider it a snack) I give her and make her wait just so I can STTN too. I know its prob mean, but I gotta get sleep.
I pretty much do the same thing. I nurse at 5 and 7, feed solids at 7:30, and an 8oz bottle at 8:30. I've tried dropping one of the feedings but then he doesn't STTN. I'd rather be constantly feeding him in the evening and have him STTN. I thought his evening feeding routine would change by now, but it hasn't. Oh well, no biggie, lol
May 29th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlh27 View Post
I pretty much do the same thing. I nurse at 5 and 7, feed solids at 7:30, and an 8oz bottle at 8:30. I've tried dropping one of the feedings but then he doesn't STTN. I'd rather be constantly feeding him in the evening and have him STTN. I thought his evening feeding routine would change by now, but it hasn't. Oh well, no biggie, lol
I figure as long as she is getting enough to eat then whats the big deal. I'm not starving her.... I'm just choosing to give her a "snack" to hold her over until it is time for dinner.... otherwise momma is gonna loose it. Momma is not fund with no to little sleep.
rlh27 likes this.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 29th, 2013, 07:00 AM
I do wonder when their sleep patterns become less dependent on their hunger. Caleb naps pretty good, but I know he'd nap better if he didn't wake up starving, lol.
May 29th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Sophia naps horribly..... usually in 15-20 minute spurts unless I am holding her then she'll sleep for 1-2 hours but then I have to move her cause at 2 hours momma has to relieve her bladder. The only way Sophia will be able to nap longer than that is if momma chooses to wear a diaper of her own, and I dont see that happening any time soon.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 29th, 2013, 09:24 AM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
Dang we must have a LOT of perfect mothers here! haha This reminds me of a job interview where they ask your faults and everyone says "well, I'm a perfectionist" lol
gardenbelle and mlc52811 like this.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

June 4th, 2013, 06:18 AM
BrooklynBump's Avatar neurotic newbie
Oh i have a bunch!

First, I'm delaying solids til 6 months because I think it will be so much work to feed her real food more than any concern about her digestive system not being ready

Also she will often poop while watching sesame street so I will put her in front of the tv set if I want her to poop before a bath despite knowing TV is no good for he brain development.

I don't really feel that bad when she cries in her crib. I used to but know I know how much of a better mood she is when she is well rested, letting her cry a little to get her to sleep more is worth the trade off (of course husband disagrees and runs in there the minute she makes a peep!)

I cry at the stupidest stuff now - johnson & johnson commericals, signing time songs about hugs being medicine, etc.

June 4th, 2013, 06:34 AM
Okay, I thought of one. I don't use the snot sucker, it's useless. Instead, I use my pinky if I see a booger that needs to come out. Yes, I pick my baby's nose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynBump View Post
I don't really feel that bad when she cries in her crib. I used to but know I know how much of a better mood she is when she is well rested, letting her cry a little to get her to sleep more is worth the trade off (of course husband disagrees and runs in there the minute she makes a peep!)
Yup, a well rested baby is a happy baby! I used to feel bad when he'd fuss before sleep, but everybody (especially him) does best when he sleeps well, and he didn't sleep well if I kept going in to do whatever every time he fussed. Now sleeping tops his favorite things to do list
June 10th, 2013, 01:35 PM
MarlowesMum's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Confessions…oh I love these.
But you all know I tell you everything, right?

Confession: I’m suppose to be doing solids 2x a day now. But sometimes I forget/get busy, and I only do it 1x. I figure it doesn’t matter so much because both daycare and my mom (where she’s at 4 days a week) do it…so what’s an occasional missed meal with mommy?

I tend to yell at my daughter more in the mornings. This morning she had a meltdown because she didn’t want to wear what I had out for her – and I was already running late. So instead of giving her a few extra minutes of logical reasoning, I just lost my crap and put her in a time out in the kitchen. Then I made her put her own clothes on before she could come back into the bedroom. (I later told her that mommy was sorry for getting mad at her.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search