Confessions of a December Mommy

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree26Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 06:28 AM
Crystallee's Avatar Host of the Dec 2012 PR
Post your confessions! What have you done as a mommy that you have kept secret either because you are ashamed or feel you will be judged! No judgement in this thread, just a confessional

Thanks kiliki for my siggie!
May 23rd, 2013, 02:02 PM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
I havent really kept secrets from yall..... this is hard.....
taatie10 likes this.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

May 25th, 2013, 04:08 AM
I keep it on the DL with my family that she is still EBF and that we still cosleep. I also don't discuss vaccinations with my family. Not with you guys though.

May 25th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Cassie.S's Avatar Sophia's Mommy!
Hmm yeah I can't really think of any mommy secrets. I'm pretty open.

Cassie, wife to Andrew, mommy to Sophia and expecting baby #2 in February!

{Our family blog}

May 25th, 2013, 10:22 AM
taatie10's Avatar New Mommy & Pro Auntee
I really have told you guys everything already.

Its no secret though that I internally happy & laughing when Lo cries at MIL.

Thank you *JMC1988* for the perfect siggy

My Ovulation Chart
May 25th, 2013, 10:40 AM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm, the only one I can think of is that I used to pretend Penny was weaned when she really wasn't because I really didn't want to hear it from people who were judgemental about a 2 year old nursing. Oh wait, I'm also sleep training Jamie but I won't share that with people who give me the, "aww, but he needs you" schpeal. Sorry, I'm a danger on the road and barely functioning from lack of sleep so Jamie has to take one for the team.
May 25th, 2013, 10:42 AM
Oh I totally laugh and snicker when Emmalyn cries when my mom has her heheehhe.

May 25th, 2013, 12:28 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Mary, I hope Jamie figures out sleeping soon for you!

Nothing shocking to all of you but I confess that I haven't spread out Caleb's nursing sessions. He nurses every 2-3 hours just like he's always done. I'm sick of people telling me that he's using me as a pacifier.
May 25th, 2013, 04:44 PM
Gripstress's Avatar GothMom
I still have hemorrhoids I think I need a surgery or something....this sucks. Also, I make Hamburger Helper & Stouffer's for dinner way more than I should.
Phoenix 12/14/01, Pascale 06/03/05
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

May 25th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mary, that gets me because I don't tell many people that we I DO keep her in bed with me 50% of the time and nurse her to sleep because then people feel the need to interject their thoughts on sleep training and tell me how if I would just sleep train her, it would be better. It pisses me off so I just don't tell many people. It's also kind of a secret that my almost 4 year old still uses a binky. I've tried EVERYTHING under the sun to take it and he just will not give it up. It's very frustrating, but I'm just to exhausted to do much about it. And when we are home, she nurses every two hours. I KNOW she can go four, she does it when we aren't at home, but at home she wants it. I know I'm a human pacifier and I don't care. I don't see any of these people with all this advice offering to come over and help me out with a cranky baby and toddler do I? So I do what I need to to get through the day and nod and smile when people say anything about it.

Daffney

May 25th, 2013, 05:34 PM
rlh27's Avatar Caleb's Mommy!
Rebecca, my Dad had to have surgery for hemorrhoids when I was in high school. I remember having to go to the director of a play I was in to tell her that I had to miss a few rehearsals because I was needed at home because my Dad was having surgery. She responded "Oh, is everything okay? It's not something major like heart surgery is it?" Umm... no, not heart surgery, lol.

PS- I'm still having the same problem
May 25th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Ugh, it's the worst! lol about trying to explain that one! My mom had to have surgery after her last baby but at that point everyone just assumed her big babies damaged her so they didn't ask what for. We were told "surgery on her butt" lol Not so funny any more. I hope your Hs clear up soon!
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

May 25th, 2013, 08:57 PM
gardenbelle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the support guys. Up until two days ago, Jamie was sleeping from his first waking at around 11:00 on in my bed with me and getting up about 3-6 times thereafter. I had so many people tell me the "he's getting up so much because you cosleep" crap. All my babies have coslept and I have never had one wake up as much as he does. It's night #3 and last night, he went to bed with only a few minutes of crying at 8:30 and woke up bright eyes and bushy tailed at 6:30. The sleep I got was heaven! I'm actually thinking that even though he loved to be sleeping to the open-all-night milk tap, I might have been waking him up. I miss him next to me but I really need to start getting some sleep. Jack will be starting kindergarten in like 2 1/2 months and I'm going to need to be up before all the kids wake up in order to get the day going so it would have made that really hard if he were still co-sleeping at that point. I'm a little sad about it though, I miss my baby and since he's my last, it's my last time cosleeping with a baby. All right, I need to put down my violin and appreciate that I can look forward to some better rest!
I do feel bad about CIO though. I'm not a fan, but in extreme cases, I really see how it can help. I was surviving on a few hours of broken up sleep each night with no chance to catch up since my other two wake up early and don't nap so no chance of me sleeping when the baby sleeps. Lesser of two evils, I guess (can you tell I feel guilty?).

PS - Daffney, don't listen to those anti-cosleepers, it's the most natural thing! I've coslept with all my kids for various lengths and I think it's SO good for the baby and mommy. As long as it's working for you and you are getting adequate sleep, keep on doing it (and your secret is safe with us!). About the binky - hey, there is nothing wrong with comforting your child and making your child happy. If his binky does that, good for you for putting his needs over risk of parental judgement.
May 26th, 2013, 12:13 AM
Oh yeah I have co-slept with all of mine but my third was miserable and so was I. She ended up doing MUCH better in her own bed. (After 6 months....duh MOM!) I think people need to mind their own. What you do, if it's safe, is up to you. A binkie is no big deal, co-sleeping, not co-sleeping, CIO, whatever.... I've never had anyone challenge me on co-sleeping or not. I guess I'd just shine em on because me and baby(except for one) sleep well together. I also tend to laugh at people who ask if I'm "still breastfeeding". Yeah dummy...she's still a baby! I hope we can do this for a couple/few years. Screw everyone else if they don't like it. And as for binkie, so what if he wants it still....he's still so young. I'm guessing he won't want it in high school...though now that I think of it, people did have binkies when I was in HS. lol
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

May 26th, 2013, 05:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
People that had binkies when I was in high school were rolling on ecstasty! LOL. He's just SO attached to it. And when he doesn't have it, he's chewing on his shirt constantly. He'll actually cry and say his "mouth hurts" when he doesn't have it. For a few months I had it to where he only used it at night but now it's pretty much in his mouth 24/7. I don't take pictures with it in and I don't let him use it in public. even he knows because he will ask to put his binky in my purse so "people don't think I'm a baby". Everyone has something to say about it so I generally just don't talk about it at all with anyone. I feel like it's just not at the top of my priority list right now. I'm proud of Matthew and I for getting him potty trained while I was on maternity leave, that was the one thing everyone told me would be "impossible" and we did it. I think when you have a baby that doesn't sleep, people just don't get it. I've also noticed people tend to think that what worked for their kids will work for everyone and that is frustrating. I really just don't talk about it anymore with very many people. Matthews daycare teacher made me cry the other day when I went to pick him up. She was talking to and cooing at the baby and asking about sleeping and I told her that she doesn't and she started tickling her feet and saying "that's because your mama didn't sleep train you huh??". It was everything I had not to say **** you and walk away. Instead I cried a little in the car (sleep deprivation makes me hormonal and emotional LOL) and resolved once again to not share our sleeping business with anyone any more.

Daffney

May 26th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Oh that is total BS. I would offer suggestions for what you should have said to her in the same cooing voice but I'd likely go to the car and cry too. Wtg, both of you on the potty training! It can be so hard! My second was terrible with it! And with our shifts it's near impossible. Once you are off a few days and things are going good, back to work and someone else slacks and you have to start all over. I also trained her on my leave while pregnant with #3.

The people with the binkies in my school were all like 90s hip hop I guess....like fly girls and guys haha No ecstasy that I know of. lol As for Matthew, it will come when he's ready and just continue to shine them all on in all of your decisions. It's none of anyone's business. Smile & nod, smile & nod.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

May 28th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
Yeah if one more person tells me to give M more to eat and he will sleep better, they will get knocked through the wall. Obviously my 20 lb 6 mth old is not eating enough.

Oh and I confess....I like broccoli, please don't tell anyone.
May 28th, 2013, 09:03 AM
mlc52811's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Haha I can't think of any baby related confessions... maybe that we watch a LOT of tv with Winnie. Sigh.

BUT I will confess that ever since having Winnie, I definitely feel more... cavernous. Lotsa water gets up there during a bath and lots of embarrassing 'farts' happen throughout the day. C'est la vie.

May 29th, 2013, 12:43 AM
Omg I am so laughing Maggie...sorry! "Farts" are so terribly embarrassing haha I've had to make position changes plenty because that is just not sexy! lol
mlc52811 likes this.
& baby Wren on 12/10/12

May 29th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Wishinfor2ndblessing's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Wishinfor2ndblessing
Ok, I thought of one......

I confess that I will purposefully not give Sophia a full bottle in the evening so that I can feed her again before bed time. If she eats dinner before 8 she will NOT STTN. So if she gets hungry between 4-7 I will adjust the amount between 2-4 oz (consider it a snack) I give her and make her wait just so I can STTN too. I know its prob mean, but I gotta get sleep.

Also I confess that sometimes I forget to help Hannah with her homework.... and then we have to tackle twice as much the next day. Sometimes, mommies forget things too.

A BIG thank you to *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search