Daycare?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Veteran
So for those of you sending your Los to daycare, how long do they go for? How is it going? Are they able to sleep? I have to start sending m at least one day a week starting tomorrow and I'm nervous.. .. I have to be in office all this week and next.. She doesn't fall asleep well with noise and with my drive am gone for 11 hours a day....
May 24th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Super Mommy
I have not send Adam yet, but his older sister Lucy went for six months at 9 or 10 hours a day. They are both due back Sept 1st, but spending the summer at home with a babysitter.
I love daycare - I know it may not be the best thing for an infant but once they start walking, they basically spend the whole time exploring around the room, playing with toys, doing acitivies - Lucy has always had a great time. She is used to being sat so much that even when we travel internationally, she does not mind temporary foreign daycare (I usually send the kids to daycare for half my vacation so I can visit family members and sightsee), she just walks right in and immediately starts playing. She is very happy to see me for pickup and it's not like she breaks down crying after a whole day away from mommy. I know there are mommies out there that would never subject their kids to daycare, but I'd rather keep my kids in for one extra hour and do groceries than take them out early and drag them through the store. I try not putting them through long drives, long family events and alike - I'd rather ask a friend or pay my sitter extra to watch them. But that's how I was raised too. Do what you need to do and don't feel bad about it - we have so many things going on in our lives, have to keep working so just be the best mommy you can be when you are with her, but don't be afraid to leave her in hands of others

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search