Whole Milk

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By amberj90

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2013, 05:11 PM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
Anyone switch to whole milk yet? I did a few weeks ago after Evan seemed to have lost interest in his formula (and pretty much all baby foods in general). I switched him cold turkey & it's going great. I give him 3 bottles a day (one at each nap & one a bedtime), so he drinks about 14-18oz per day plus at least 24-32oz of various juices/waters from his sippy cups. He seems to like it & I haven't noticed any side effects/changes other than his poop being a little firmer occasionally.

June 3rd, 2013, 06:04 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Yep. We started whole milk last week. We only use bottles at night. Sippies during the day. No more formula. I switch between whole milk and breastfeeding. We stopped baby food 3 months ago. She didnt want anymore and go frustrated because she wanted to eat table foods.

June 3rd, 2013, 10:27 PM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
I haven't tried with Ethan yet. He had problems with normal formula so he's been on soy formula for the last 4 months, so I am kind of nervous about switching to milk. We are doing mainly table food rather than baby food though. The only time he gets baby food is if we eat dinner past bedtime. He refuses to hold up a sippy cup, so we've been using the ones with straws since he was like 9 months for water, and bottles for formula. The bottles will go away on his first birthday though, and the paci went away at like 8 months cause he got sick of it.
June 3rd, 2013, 11:24 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Normally I jump on that train (with all the other kids I had), Terra turned 1 a week ago (in 40 minutes it'll be a week) and she hasn't had whole milk, still just breastfeeding. I need to bug Nick about getting some or we need to do better about juice or something because she needs drinks beyond breast milk occasionally at least.

June 4th, 2013, 02:56 PM
Ali and Jillybeans mom :)
I haven't tried milk yet. Jill just turned 11 months old yesterday. Idk if I should start to introduce it yet?
June 4th, 2013, 04:50 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sara1217 View Post
I haven't tried milk yet. Jill just turned 11 months old yesterday. Idk if I should start to introduce it yet?
At 11 months they can be slowly introduced to whole milk, it all depends on how you think she will do. I started at 11 months because Im doing both breastfeeding and formula and I want to replace formula with the whole milk. At first I made a half bottle of formula and then for the rest of her oz she has i put whole milk in. Did it for 3 bottles then completely switched to whole milk by itself.

June 13th, 2013, 08:03 AM
MoMMy2*Vicky.Hayd.and.K*'s Avatar Expecting #4 :)
Love ur siggy! Evan is such a cutie!

Hayden was started on whole milk at 11months gradually and has been on it 100% couple weeks later!

June 13th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We started Addy on whole milk a couple of weeks ago, right around the 11 month mark, I did 2 oz of milk with 4 of formula. She had a tummy bug starting on Saturday and just got better on Tuesday, so we started back up on the milk, 2 oz of milk with 4 of formula, I'm going to go half and half this weekend. She had issues with regular formula and needed the AR (with rice cereal), so I was hesitant to do it cold turkey like we did with her sister. She gets about 4-5 bottles a day, depending on her napping schedule. One when she wakes up, one about 3-4 hours later (unless she is napping), one after lunch (usually a smaller bottle), one around 5:30, then one before bedtime. She also will get some water or very watered down juice in a sippy and sometimes even the formula/milk in a sippy - she really loves the sippy, especially when her sister is drinking from one

She doesn't get baby food really anymore, I do the squeeze kind sometimes for yogurt/fruit mix and the squeeze applesauce for snack sometimes. We also have the squeeze fruit/veggie/cereal just for variety, but she mostly eats table food. She decided a couple of months ago that she didn't want baby food anymore

June 16th, 2013, 01:45 PM
amberj90's Avatar Veteran
I tried it on the 12th, his birthday, and he took to it great. We were even able to take him off reflux medicine with it!
humnck likes this.
June 24th, 2013, 09:36 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I started Raini half water half whole milk at 11 mths. we are now on full whole milk at 12 mths. she loves it. still loves those bottles though.. wont drink milk from a sippie.. wouldnt drink formula either..im in trouble...

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
June 25th, 2013, 07:46 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Lurking from August 2012 PR! I was hoping to find a thread here about this.
Finn is turning 11 months old (like now).
I'm nursing and supplementing but would love to cut out the formula. Did you find that giving half formula and half regular milk was easier on your baby's tummy?

June 25th, 2013, 02:49 PM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fabulousfem View Post
I'm nursing and supplementing but would love to cut out the formula. Did you find that giving half formula and half regular milk was easier on your baby's tummy?
Evan was fed Gentle formula basically from birth because he seemed to have some gas & was fussy & spitting up more with normal formula. I switched him "cold turkey" to Whole milk right around 11 months because he wasn't finishing his bottles like normal & over-all seemed less interested in formula & other "baby" foods. I never mixed or did half & half or anything. I literally just gave him a bottle of milk one day instead of formula & he drank it all. He almost always drinks all of his milk & I noticed almost no changes/side effects other than the occasional stiff stool. The milk did not seem to bother or upset his tummy at all, it actually seemed to be easier to digest for him. Hope this helps you!

June 25th, 2013, 08:29 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
None yet. Probably won't until she's at least 4. The other two can't handle cows milk yet. She has had some almond milk, but just cooked into things. She still BFs and only drinks water from a sippy.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

July 11th, 2013, 12:04 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fabulousfem View Post
definitely easier to transition that way!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search