What's New

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By gingerrae
  • 1 Post By humnck

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 15th, 2013, 07:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Anybody have anything new going on? Baby wise, home wise, work wise, etc?

Nothing new here...lol! Just trying to get a convo going

August 15th, 2013, 11:09 AM
gingerrae's Avatar Regular
Seems like a lot of stuff is new for me we just moved to a new town so I am trying to get settled in and get use to the town. Also I just found out I'm preggers due in April. which was super unexpected we were kind of trying to prevent and we were going to start ttcing probably in September.
humnck likes this.
August 16th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Congrats on the pregnancy!

August 18th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
Well here's what's going on with us:

Evan has got to be going through some kinda growth spurt or something, idk. He is so sleepy lately (sometimes sleeping as much as 18hrs at night + a nap), plus he's been really crabby lately & really attached to us. But he's not really eating very much again. He used to be such a good eater & lately it's just very day to day; I'm concerned he's not getting enough to eat or enough of a variety. I offer him a lot of different foods & try everything to get him to eat it but he is so stubborn & just starts crying & throwing it. So yeah - he's been a real challenge lately.
As for DH & I, nothing really new there. I'm still looking for a job, it's been about 5 months since I was let go from my job of 13 years. I have an interview I'm pretty excited about at the end of this month. Hopefully it goes well because my regular unemployment runs out at the end of next month & then I would have to file for "emergency unemployment compensation" which makes me kinda nervous. I really thought I would have found a job by now, I look & apply daily. We don't qualify for any other government assistance because DH "makes too much" so if I lose my unemployment idk what we are going to do because we are pretty much living paycheck to paycheck now. Urgh!

August 21st, 2013, 09:37 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ugh, Mandi, I know exactly how that is! DH was out of a job for a very long time and we had to do some special loan rearrangements to make it, it was terrible. I have my fingers crossed for you that you get this job!

Babies go through these phases, they will eat when they are hungry. And don't worry about the variety, if you are, try to sneak things into his foods while he is going through this phase. If you are really concerned, I would give the doc/nurse a call to see if they think it is cause for concern. Good luck!
Sincat likes this.

August 22nd, 2013, 10:16 AM
acj0890's Avatar Veteran
Nothing new here. Just getting ready for my husband to start school again on Monday. I am kind of jealous, I miss college so much! I have been trying to find a job, but having no luck. I even have tried to advertise as like a freelance graphic designer / photographer, but no luck with that either. I don't know anyone where I live and it's very frustrating. So I'm still a stay at home mom (no complaints there!) living with my parents till we can get on our feet, and I'm pretty convinced that Ethan has hit the terrible twos a year early lol. I never knew babies could be so opinionated. He hates riding in the basket at the grocery store, and insists on walking. Problem is he will not let me hold his hand. I try and he pulls and screams till I let go. I either have him screaming to get out of the cart, screaming cause I hold his hand, or have to chase him around the store. Its a nightmare to go anywhere! But I still love every minute of it.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search