Feelin' the burn!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By melaniek85
  • 1 Post By lilsuma
  • 1 Post By melaniek85
  • 1 Post By Leanne78
  • 1 Post By JNIEVES

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
Oh jeeze I did NOT miss this heartburn! It's killer today. I feel like I have lava creeping up my throat. Just thought I would throw that out there.

October 14th, 2013, 06:08 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Ugh, I understand. It started around 9 weeks this time, now it's every night and it hurts.
Ame C likes this.

October 14th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Veteran
mine doesn't kick in till around 30 weeks, i dont miss it!
Ame C likes this.

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Do you take anything for it or just ride it out?
So far I've been dealing with it, but I can't imagine it's very good for my esophagus. Are TUMS really safe?

October 14th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Veteran
u can try milk

Make a pregnancy ticker
October 14th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Everything I've heard says tums are safe. Tums no longer work for me , so I'm on Zantac. It got to the point where I started getting sore throats and hoarse from it, so I needed to do something.

October 14th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Milk doesn't help.. I mean maybe for 30-45 mins until my stomach mixes the milk in with all my other stomach acids. Then it just makes it worse. I wish I wasn't so paranoid to take meds. I feel like anything I do is going to have negative side affects. I'm constantly walking on pins and needles. I haven't tried Tums yet but I lived on them when I was pregnant with Clyde. They pretty much stopped working for me too at the time. I would end up taking 5 throughout the day/night. Little things like that make me wonder if that could have been why we lost him. Not knowing why is something that weighs heavily on my mind.

Sorry to get into all that, but it's all part of why I'm so paranoid to take anything. I really hope these next 2 and a half months go by super fast. The further along I get the more I feel anxiety. I'm so ready for L&D day!!!

October 15th, 2013, 05:56 AM
I think tums is just calcium, which is safe but I see why you are worried about it.

I read that these things may help with heartburn: Ginger, bananas and melon (says it helps most but can make it worse in some), celery, licorice, peppermint, eat small meals, don't lay down after eating, at night lay with head propped up, chewing gum, avoid foods that trigger heartburn (spicy, caffeine (chocolate, coffee, cola).

I also read that milk can temporarily relieve heartburn but the fats will actually stimulate the stomach to produce more acid.

Maybe try some of those, see if you can find something else that works before going to a med.
Ame C likes this.

October 15th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Thank you. I think peppermint helped a little before in the past. I will have to try that again. And I love celery so I can try that too. I tried fresh ginger for the first time ever a few days ago and OMG!! I spit it out right away. It was shocking... it burned my mouth and lips immediately. It was a very strange sensation that I'm not sure I will be able to get used to very easily, lol.

October 18th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
HATE heartburn! Prevacid was the only thing that helped me when I was pregnant. Hope it eases up for you soon.
Ame C likes this.

October 18th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Veteran
Tums, and a little apple cider vinegar. I didn't believe my mom when she said to try the vinegar but a teaspoon made a huge difference. The heartburn would peak right after taking it then subside after about 20 minutes 1/2 hour.
Ame C likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search