Self Feed?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 29th, 2013, 09:46 AM
Nervous Newbie's Avatar Super Mommy
Emmett does not self feed yet. We have been working at it for months now, but he just doesn't seem to get it. Should I be worried?? He will take pieces of food if we put it in his mouth and show him how to chew by copying us, but put it on his tray to pick up and do himself, nope. I put it in his hand and he either smashes it up or drops it and throws it. Will eat a jar of stage 3 baby food good from the spoon, but I dunno. I see so many other babies his age doing fine with this, but the Ped said not to worry he will get it, just wondering if should be concerned or not. Thanks.
October 29th, 2013, 10:52 AM
rachkel's Avatar Super Mommy
Try not to compare. its hard to do, but just focus on Emmett. If the pedi isn't concerned, then try not to be. That has always been my philosophy and its worked well so far. Kids all develop defferently. He'll get there!

Visit my blog! Lots of health and fitness insights... including pregnancy!

www.HealthFitnessLove.wordpress.com

October 30th, 2013, 05:30 AM
Veteran
I wouldn't be worried, he's probably working on something else. M can self feed, but I only let her for fun and practice(and so I can eat-lol) and only really soft things. I feed her from 90 percent of what she eats with a spoon, that way I know she's getting more of it..
October 31st, 2013, 07:29 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Cam only self feeds herself stuff like gold fish and banana slices. She would never know what to do with a spoon. Akadia took a lot longer to self feed. They are all so different. It's hard to not compare to everyone around you especially when we see what everyone is doing in groups like these.

November 2nd, 2013, 02:51 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Jude only just started self feeding and it is not his first instinct by any means!! When I hold out a goldfish for him to take he lunges at me with his mouth I wouldn't worry yet!

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
November 13th, 2013, 01:19 AM
Veteran
I have the opposite problem! We ONLY self feed. She started eating off a spoon about a week ago and if I'm really lucky she might eat a tablespoon of food with it in a day.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search