November Chat Thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Leanne78
  • 1 Post By MomtoCarly&Sofia

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 1st, 2013, 09:07 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
So, can you guys believe it is November already??? Cam's b-day party is next Saturday. I'm in denial. Never did get around to invitations. Just told everyone. We have a birthday party tomorrow for my nephew and I'm supposed to be make a "chocolate lego ninja cake with part of it un-iced". Oy... I figured I would use it as practice for Cam's cake, but didn't know it was going to be such a "specialized" order. So that is what I will be doing tonight and tomorrow. I'm also in the 2WW thanks to DH being overly frisky while I was ovulating this month. Only 3 dpo today and overanalyzing every little twinge. I think I'll be disappointed either way so to say I'm conflicted on what I want is an understatement. Hope everyone had fun last night!
Ame C likes this.

November 1st, 2013, 04:26 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
You're pretty amazing at making cakes. You make the kind of cakes that brings a tear to your eyes when it comes time to cut it up. The 2WW news is pretty exciting too! I hope no matter what the outcome you are at peace with it. I have to say I'm rooting for a BFP for you

I'm in denial too for slightly different reasons but I will keep it at that. I'm going to spend my week trying my best to clean up and organize our nursery. I have been dragging my feet and putting it off as long as I can, but now that I've hit the 30 week mark things seem a lot more "real". I feel like the clock is ticking much louder now and I'm running out of time to get everything ready. DH and I also need to start talking about middle names. I don't want to... it's too hard. We don't agree on anything because DH is too **** picky with names, yet he doesn't contribute ANY names to the suggestion pool. He just poo-poo's the ideas I come up with. I wish It was easier. If only I could crack open a fortune cookie and it give me the middle name my second boy is destined to be named!! If only...

November 2nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Thanks Amy! I keep looking at the cake and thinking of things I could have done better, but I had so little time. One of these days I really want to take classes and learn how to do it right.

4 dpo.... Going to try and hold out as long as possible to test. Still not sure what I think.

I saw 30 weeks on your ticker and couldn't believe how far along you are! Pregnancy always goes fast when it is someone else's! Can't wait to see your little guy!

November 2nd, 2013, 01:59 PM
Thank you! I can't wait to see him either and share his sweet little face with everyone. The time went by fast for me too. It's still going by pretty fast and I hope it continues until he gets here. I'm ready for him (his nursery isn't ready) but I'm very very ready! I'm starting to get a bit nervous about L&D day. Hoping everything goes well and nothing scary happens. I'm also hoping he wont need any NICU time. I know statistically a lot of babies need it for a day or so. I want him in my arms and I don't ever want to let him go!!

So did your Nephew like his cake? It looked pretty cool. I can't even make my cupcakes look pretty... They always come out looking like a 5 year old put the frosting on.

November 2nd, 2013, 02:53 PM
white.house's Avatar Kelli
Amber!!!!!!! 2ww! I am def rooting for a BFP for you! You have the most adorable little ones!
Jude's party is next weekend and I have yet to mail out invites. Poor second child

eli grey [9.15.10]
jude lawrence [11.9.12]

forever loving our best girl, finley [born still 10.30.11]
November 2nd, 2013, 03:17 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
Ooh tww! Keep us updated and good luck!

Frankie's bday is on the 28th which is Thanksgiving this year. We are having his party on the 23rd! We are ready and got everything we need. I'm pretty excited. I cannot believe it's Nov already! This year went too fast.

November 4th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Kelli - I completely gave up on invites. I had put one together and printed it out and it looked cute and all, but just got too busy to get them all done and out. We also kept changing the day of the party to help people out, so I would have had to change them anyways. I just basically set up an event in FB and left it at that.

I still keep thinking it's October. Can't get it into my head that it is November!

6 dpo today. Not feeling much of anything.

Last edited by Leanne78; November 4th, 2013 at 08:11 AM.
November 5th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Amy - Yes, he loved the cake. Him and his brother (they are Irish twins) came walking in the house and saw the cake and were all like "COOL!!!" It's cute when they are young enough to still get all excited about little stuff like that.

So, is it Friday yet??? I am seriously dragging here at the office today. Cannot keep my eyes open...

November 6th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Awww good, I bet the gratitude from them was nice. I'm with you, I'm waiting for Friday but not because I'm a busy bee. Just because I have a dr appointment that day. Nothing special, just the regular boring stuff. Then 3 weeks later we start the NST scans (when I'm 34 weeks).

Are you taking daily pregnancy tests now? I saw the post that said you took one at 8dpo. I think even though it's early that's a good time to start taking one every day, if you have no patience like me. Those pee tests are really addictive! I can't wait to hear if you are or aren't expecting again!!

November 7th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Amy - Yes I took one at 8 dpo. Couldn't help myself! I thought I saw something and this morning I definitely had something so looks like as long as everything goes ok, I'll be having a late July or early August baby. Trying not to get too attached to the idea yet because I have a bad track record with early losses.

November 7th, 2013, 07:46 PM
What's the next step? Do you get beta draws?

November 7th, 2013, 08:11 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats Amber!

We've had one heck of a week here. DHs transmission crapped out in his car on his commute home last night. Car only has 75k miles on it! We were biting our nails waiting for the phone call from the dealer, but somehow even though our warranty was up at 60k they are covering the full cost of it anyway!

And my 4 yr old was apparently playing at the water table at preschool yesterday and said to some kid "get out of my way *******". SO embarrassing having the teacher tell me about it!
Ame C likes this.

November 8th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Thanks ladies! Really hoping I can get the word on a digi today.

Amy - Since I've been through this literally 6 times all together - blood draws, etc..., I'm just going to hold off this time to call the doctor. I have a lot of leftover Prometrium from last pregnancy, so I know that I'm doing all I can do at the moment. I'll see how things look over the weekend and then if the lines are still good on Monday, I might call later next week. They make me go and get blood draws until I hit 1000 which in the early stages can take a good week. My arm was black and blue last time.

Here's today's test:

Ashley - I had to laugh out loud about the 4 year old comment. I'm sure I will get calls like that too when Akadia is in school!

November 8th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomtoCarly&Sofia View Post
Congrats Amber!

We've had one heck of a week here. DHs transmission crapped out in his car on his commute home last night. Car only has 75k miles on it! We were biting our nails waiting for the phone call from the dealer, but somehow even though our warranty was up at 60k they are covering the full cost of it anyway!

And my 4 yr old was apparently playing at the water table at preschool yesterday and said to some kid "get out of my way *******". SO embarrassing having the teacher tell me about it!

Awesome that your warranty covered the full cost! Why can't everyone be that nice? I've had warranties before and still somehow occasionally get screwed over. I hope your car is up and running again with no issues very soon. I also LMBO at your 4 yr old's comment. I can't imagine it would have been funny happening to me but it's hilarious to hear from other mommies, teehee

I totally understand Amber. Wishing you the best of luck
Your line looks awesome today by the way.

November 8th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Missed the part about the transmission. That is a huge relief I am sure!!!

How are you feeling Amy?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search