Jingle bells, jingle bells....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
Can you believe they are playing Christmas music on some channels already??? So in that vein, when do you plan to start decorating for Christmas? Are you an after Thanksgiving purist or is your tree already up and lit?

I'm going to hold off until after Cam's b-day. Once that is done, I will wait for the mood to hit, whenever that might be. DH and I really like to be in the Christmas mood to decorate. Otherwise, it's just a chore. I nice little snow storm might do it.

November 6th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Ame C's Avatar Every breath is a gift.
I went by my mom's house the other day because she her and I were both feeling gloomy and wanted to have a "pity party" (it really did help cheer us both up by the way). There was a house in her neighborhood that already had their Christmas light up and turned on and that was 3 days ago.

I'm not sure we are going to do much this year. We might put a tree up but no outside lights or decorations all over the house. We are trying our best to be able to move sometime in February and most of our xmas stuff is already packed up. I would like to have the tree up in case Toren decides to make an early appearance so we can take a picture of him next to the tree. Anyways we usually wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate for xmas and the xmas stuff usually stays up until the end of January (sometimes later... lol).

November 7th, 2013, 05:31 AM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually we do it the day after thanksgiving. But we are leaving for vacation dec 3 so I'll be busy packing for that this year. It probably won't get done until the week before Christmas this year.

November 7th, 2013, 06:44 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
We usually put up the tree and decorate the day or weekend after Thanksgiving. This year I'm thinking of doing the tree the weekend before, I'd like to have it up for Thanksgiving.

November 8th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Veteran
Whenever I can walk again. Lol. Stupid ankle fracture and crutches.
November 9th, 2013, 02:14 AM
anhoyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We will probably wait awhile. As much as I love Christmas I am dreading keeping Mush away from the tree.

[/url

November 11th, 2013, 09:41 AM
TammyLynn1993's Avatar I love you Isabella
We usually do it thanksgiving weekend but We are doing it early this year since this weekend is my sister's sweet 16th and next weekend is thanksgiving and black friday.

*Thank you<3Kiliki for the siggy*

November 18th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Veteran
I always mean to decorate right after thanksgiving, but is usually the first week in December. I hope to decorate the weekend after thanksgiving this year, to have more time to enjoy it.
November 18th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Hopolka's Avatar Wife, Mom of 1, Expecting
We usually do it closer to Christmas. I'm debating on when to do it this year. I work Christmas eve and I'm worried about baby getting into the tree, lights, cords, etc. Granted, she needs to learn but I don't know that I trust DH to give her the same discipline lol. We'll see...
November 18th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Alaska Baby14's Avatar Gonna be a family of 4!
I usually put up my decor right after thanksgiving! I've seen a lot of locals already lighting up their Christmas lights, and I mean it wasn't even Halloween yet!! They've been popping up more and more but I don't like to "rush" fall.. I consider thanksgiving the last hoorah to fall and then after that, bring on Christmas!!

<3

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search