Log In Sign Up

Holiday Shopping


Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
November 19th, 2013, 12:01 PM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 771
Who has started? What are you getting your LO(s)?

I actually started several months ago which is a big change for me; I usually don't even start until like December, lol. I'm actually almost done - only a few gifts left for the family & some stocking stuffers to get. Some of the things Santa is bringing Evan this year include: Big Hugs Elmo, VTech Smart Wheels Garage, & a Mega Blocks set.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #2  
November 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
acj0890's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 240
I started in like August and am completely finished! His big santa gift is going to be a Black and Decker tool bench I got for half off. We also got him a couple of disney jr dvds, clothes, and a few other random toys. Pretty much everything I've gotten has been on sale. We are low on cash this year so I got a few gently used toys for next to nothing on a sale site in our area.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
November 25th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by acj0890 View Post
I started in like August and am completely finished! His big santa gift is going to be a Black and Decker tool bench I got for half off. We also got him a couple of disney jr dvds, clothes, and a few other random toys. Pretty much everything I've gotten has been on sale. We are low on cash this year so I got a few gently used toys for next to nothing on a sale site in our area.
I am so jealous you are completely done, lol. Yeah cash was low for us this year too since I lost my job back in March, that's why we started early. Using LayAway at Kmart & Toys R Us was a big help for us this year.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #4  
November 26th, 2013, 10:10 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 477
Started already..
McKinley is getting a Victorian Luxury Playhouse that is in the process of almost being finished. Once its done, I'll be painting the inside and I also bought for xmas a play kitchen to put in it and a little sofa, broom and vacuum set and it will all be decorated and then will be locked up. She'll be able to see inside of it christmas morning. These are her main big christmas presents.

For present opening, I just got her some puzzles, clothes, color & shape sorters, tinkerbell activity desk/chair, tinkerbell bowls/plates/sippies, and a baby doll.

I think I am done but who knows if I will see something else up until xmas lol.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #5  
December 2nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Sincat's Avatar Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMommyx View Post
Started already..
McKinley is getting a Victorian Luxury Playhouse that is in the process of almost being finished. Once its done, I'll be painting the inside and I also bought for xmas a play kitchen to put in it and a little sofa, broom and vacuum set and it will all be decorated and then will be locked up. She'll be able to see inside of it christmas morning. These are her main big christmas presents.

For present opening, I just got her some puzzles, clothes, color & shape sorters, tinkerbell activity desk/chair, tinkerbell bowls/plates/sippies, and a baby doll.

I think I am done but who knows if I will see something else up until xmas lol.

Wow aren't those playhouses' like $24k?! I remember reading that Suri Cruise got one last year for Christmas with electricity, lol. What a lucky & blessed girl McKinley is.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #6  
December 4th, 2013, 05:46 PM
BlessedMommyx's Avatar Stephanie
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Orange County, California
Posts: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sincat View Post
Wow aren't those playhouses' like $24k?! I remember reading that Suri Cruise got one last year for Christmas with electricity, lol. What a lucky & blessed girl McKinley is.
Depends on how big and what type of style you get, some run up to 50k. Crazy. Lol.
We got a 10 foot by 12 foot Victorian Playhouse. We looked at hundreds of websites all of which had numerous prices and each add on (like a loft or more windows, chimney, porch ect) cost an additional amount. We found one at a reasonable price with free shipping at that for under $4,000. BUT then we didn't even take into account the additional costs aside from the actual house. Like we had to pay people to build it. Then we had to get laminate wood flooring and then dry wall panels for the inside to make it look nicer. Base boards, painting and then decorating. So it ranked up close to 10k. Not what I expected because I didn't even think of everything else I was like oh good price for the house but yah lol. Once we got it we had to finish it so. Today it was actually completely finished with renovating the inside. Now just need to decorate inside. Will post pictures of it when it's all furnished
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #7  
December 16th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Delaware (the state!)
Posts: 7,083
I just saw this post, I've been out of the loop for a bit!

I had started shopping a little bit on consignment sites, but I did the majority of my big shopping this past week. I got Addy a couple of Little People sets (one of the old school ones and a brand new one), a car track that shoots the cars (they are the bigger, plastic cars), a singing piggy bank, a furreal friend (from a consignment site), some clothes and I know I'm forgetting a few things (small things).

I got DD1 some pretty cool things, I got her the Dyson kid vacuum because she is always wanting to help me vacuum, but ours is too big for her to even push or pull. I got a great deal on it so I went for it

Sounds like your kiddos are going to have awesome Christmases!
__________________
4/2008 8/2011



Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:39 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0