Chat thread

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2013, 06:18 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I'm the same way but usually only in winter. We have hand sanitizer in the van and at home and I sanitize everybody's hands after we come out of the store. I also wash my son's hands as soon as he gets home from school. I think using it too much would be like pulling it out every single time you touch something. I don't see anything wrong with trying to keep as many germs away as possible.
November 28th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I agree.

That said, I remember shopping for my wedding dress, and one place we went, they had someone standing at the front door and squirted hand sanitizer for you as you came in and someone walking around in the store with more. That was excessive in my opinion I got my dress from somewhere else.

Happy thanksgiving to everyone celebrating! No holiday here so I'm at work and then this afternoon volunteering at Operation Christmas Child
Surprise baby! due 3/27/2017

Save
Save
Save
November 28th, 2013, 10:23 AM
That is excessive and rude.

What is Operation Christmas Child?

I just had to console a crying Harper after Bobby and Dominic left. I kept tellin her over and over that shg wasn't going because she's sick but she kept walking around getting her shoes and her bag and talking about being read to go. When it came time to say goodbye she basically had aphysical figt with Bobby trying to get past him. She kept saying please and I wanna go. My heart is completely shattered. Shg's ok now but she really made me question if I made ge right decision especially after everybody has been buggingme about it. I don't know.

Also I'm eating Chef Boyardee on Thanksgiving day. Depressing.
November 28th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Operation Christmas Child is where people pack shoeboxes full of toys and such and then they are shipped to less priviledged kids. So at the centre we reviewed the contents of boxes that had come in (strict customs rules unfortunately). Our shift from 1-4pm today processed just shy of 5,000 boxes!!!!

Processing Center Volunteers

Poor Harper, sorry she had such a rough time. Hope she enjoyed her meal you were delivered

Wish me luck tomorrow. Extra ultrasound at the high-risk place. Hopefully I'll just be posting good news :/

Save
Save
Save
November 29th, 2013, 05:16 PM
All is good with baby #2! Just have to go back in January for a follow-up as I had a borderline number so they want to just double check things.

And we pulled out the tree and will start decorating this weekend
Ever likes this.

Save
Save
Save
November 29th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome news!!
Jessimaaka likes this.
November 29th, 2013, 08:37 PM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
You can use too much hand sanitizer - It will kill off the good germs. But with that said, you would have to use it all.the.time to be considered too much!

Stomach bug is still here. Emmersyn will randomly throw up. Wednesday morning she woke up with a little bit of vomit in her bed - It was from early on in the night though as it was basically dried up. She was acting 100% fine - So I showered her and sent her off to school. She seemed pretty wiped out when she came home from school - So maybe that wasn't such a great idea? She went to bed that night with a tummy ache. . . But was totally fine that night. Thursday she had a runny poop in the afternoon before we left for our friends. Again, she was acting completely fine. Hadn't thrown up in over 24 hours. I figured her belly is still just a little sensitive. She was fine. We went to my friends for Thanksgiving (she was okay with it, saying her kids probably already had this stomach bug). We haven't been over there forever - Em was so busy playing she didn't want to eat dinner. No biggy - I wasn't going to stress it. I kept checking on her and she was fine, just wanted to play. She eventually had some ice cream and a little apple pie. A few hours later she was complaining about her belly hurting - Ugh. So I go to get her some sprite and she threw up. Ughh.. But she was totally fine after that and has been fine ever since. Today I kept her on a very bland/limited diet. She had cheerios, toast, some lunch meat, cheese & crackers, PB & crackers and some chicken noodle soup. I am PRAYING that this is it. DH is back to work and I cannot handle any more puke. Especially alone. ::

I think we're going to get a real Christmas tree this year - For the first time since we got married. I am excited! I put up a few small decorations with and for the girls tonight. We're waiting for a package from my MIL with Emmersyns fixed stocking to get here before I fully decorate. Since she knows her name now, and our names are on the stockings... I don't want her to be left out.

November 30th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Awww, hope this is it for you guys. Sickies are no fun.

Yay for a real tree! I don't trust my puppy with a real one yet. So we have a huge tall fake one. One day I'll get a real one again.

Just listed a ton of stuff I don't use on a few buy/sell sites....trying to fund my double stroller purchase. I REALLY want a Bob duallie double stroller. Fingers crossed things sell so I can get it!

Save
Save
Save
November 30th, 2013, 08:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm a bit annoyed that my MIL is telling my DH not to join the Navy because she believes he will get killed, and I'm telling him Navy seals don't go in combat much.

Also, after I started posting in WTTC, my MIL seems to know that we are wanting another one is 1.5-2 years. It kind of worries me that I did the option for JM to login with FB to give it a try, but I see no posts referencing me posting on JM.. So it kind of worries me that she's following me on here.

November 30th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Allyssa, I hope everybody is 100% by now.

I will never have a real tree. Can't stand the smell or the shedding or the possibility of bugs. Also I can't stand the thought of killing a tree for no good reason. Fake all the way for us. Although Doc would probably like a real tree. He seems to gravitate toward plants.

Christi (I hope that's right) post something really wild and out there on here and see if your MIL seems weirded out.

My minions gave me the sickies. I didn't realize how crappy I felt until I was sitting on the couch this evening saying, "I'm hot, it's too bright, too loud and I'm exhausted." I realized it was time for meds and then after Paxton fell asleep at .6:30 I flat out told DH that we were going to bed and did just that. But I woke up at midnight and have been awake ever since and it's after 2am. i'm waiting for my midnight dose of meds to kick in then I'll try to go back to sleep.
December 1st, 2013, 12:17 PM
We haven't had any more vomit or poop since Thursday night. Thank God, because I was on the verge of breaking down. I don't do vomit much and for it to draaaag out like that sucked!

We use to do real trees growing up - I love the smell! I think my mom went to fake trees once we all moved out. And DH and I just went fake because at the time it was new and "in". Now I am over it and I want the smell of a real tree. And since Hawaii is superrrr strict about things that come onto the Island, they inspect their trees as they are unloaded. If any bugs are found, they don't get sold.

A storm has hit the Island and we love it. The girls and I played in the rain this morning - They love it! And I just heard thunder, which is not very common out here. Yay! Except, we probably won't get our tree today after all - Boo!

December 1st, 2013, 12:47 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
I know for me it drug out so long, especially the tiredness!!! @I ended up losing nine lbs from it :-(
Glad to hear you're all doing better! @ yea, that makes sense about the hand sanitizer, but I think my hubby thinks that how I use it is too much :-) but anyways...we'll agree to disagree :-)
December 1st, 2013, 06:12 PM
Thunder in December is just so weird!

I meant to do my ADITLO today but totally forgot. Hope to remember to on Saturday!

So excited I found clemintines in the grocery store today...I've been craving them lol.

Save
Save
Save
December 2nd, 2013, 10:00 AM
Mmmmm. Clementines.

We had a two hour delay this morning for fog. I saw some mist when I got up but not what I would call fog. It's ridiculous. Our schools close or delay for anything. Dominic has been home since Tuesday and he was NOT happy when he realized he was home again. Once I started laying his school clothes out he calmed down though.

Anybody do any Christmas shopping? We actually got a head start this year for the first time ever. A huge doll house for Harper and a trampoline for Doc to replace his old one, a bunch of smaller toys and stocking stuffers for all three. Plus we got a jump on shopping for extended family. I'm thinking Doc is going to be getting an ipad mini too.
December 2nd, 2013, 03:56 PM
I gave Cameron 2 clemintines today...he was eating it faster than I could peel! How much citrus is bad for a toddler? :/

Yay for getting a head start! I'm probably about 75% of the way done. Just a few things outstanding.

I ordered Cam some bigger clothes (2T and 3T) from The Children's Place on Thursday and they arrived today! Amazing! If you selected ground shipping it was free...and estimated to take 8-10 business days!!!!

Save
Save
Save
December 3rd, 2013, 07:52 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
Love love loooove free shipping :-)
December 3rd, 2013, 10:44 PM
I am done shopping! I need to finish wrapping for family so I can get those packages sent out ASAP - I am sending 1/3 out tomorrow. I do need to get Emmersyns teachers gifts still, but those are relatively cheap and easy. I have picked up a few things here and there for the girls since saying I was done - But I got everything I want/need.

We got our Christmas tree yesterday & decorated it today. A real Christmas tree for the first time since we got married - It smells so good! You know what also smells good? Two sleeping kids and freshly baked brownies. Haha.

December 4th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Mmmm, brownies

Last night, DH was working a bit late so Cam and I ate dinner. We had chilli. Cam was not so much a fan of the chilli but he ate some of it. And then some applesauce. Which he proceeded to dump down the front of him (good thing I stripped his shirt before giving him the chilli since I was worried about staining!). I ran his bath while he was still in his chair, and stripped him naked in the kitchen lol, and carried him with my arms straight out and plopped him in the bathtub. DH came home while he was still in the bath and took one look at the kitchen and ran lol. He did end up cleaning it up for me though. One of our messiest dinners yet!

Save
Save
Save
December 4th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
They usually do Operation Christmas Child at our school but I don't think they are this year, which is a shame. Oh to have time for some volunteer work! Maybe someday! Enjoy it Jess!

I am ahead on Christmas shopping but behind on decorations!! We ran out of time & energy last weekend. Hoping to get it done over this weekend.

Nice to see you all! I hope I get chance to come by more often over the festive season xxx

December 5th, 2013, 05:48 AM
Nice to see you Sharron!!!!

We get one full paid day for a charity of our choice, as well as a full day for Habitat for Humanity. We did H4H back in September and it was super fun! So I technically still have a half day left to use by the end of the year but I don't think I'll get to use it this year.

My to do list is slowly getting shorter, I wish I were farther ahead. And I keep picking up random toys for Cam lol. I keep thinking I need to leave stuff for when #2 comes along, but then I really want Cam to play with it too lol.

Save
Save
Save

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search