January Chit-Chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2014, 07:23 AM
Leanne78's Avatar Nov 2012 DDC Co-Host
So how's everyone's week going? I just got off of 4 days straight at home with the girls (my normal Friday - Monday routine) and am actually GLAD to be in the office today (office Tues - Thur). I don't know how the stay at home mommas do it. I love being with my girls, but man, I need a break after a few days! So happy for a job where I can do both.

I hit the second trimester today - woo-hoo! How are you are other preggo mommies doing? Melanie is getting close I think!

January 14th, 2014, 07:35 AM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
I miss work sometimes. Being home with him everyday is nice but I could a break every once in a while. My week is going ok, nothing really going in.

Woohoo for hitting the 2nd trimester!!

Yes, it's getting so close! My due date is one month from tomorrow! Ah! I'll be 36 weeks on Saturday and I'm starting weekly appointments this week. I'm ready for feb, pregnancy has been much harder and painful this time.
January 14th, 2014, 07:45 AM
Awe, sorry the pregnancy has been harder! You are SO close though! Can't wait to see pictures of your little man!!! I think having two of the same sex is so much fun. I love seeing the girls interact and play together. Now I kind of want another boy so this baby has someone. But I'd probably get another girl and then he would really be outnumbered! My hubby already said he is going to have to make a man cave for him and the little guy to get away from all us girls.

January 14th, 2014, 08:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
This week is dragging!! Though it's already Wednesday here so its hump day! Woo!

Achool is still out here! 2 more weeks then Summer starts Kindergarten and Ashton starts pre-school. 2 days a week I will only have Cooper home! We are currently TTC. #4
January 14th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Good luck with ttc!! Hope it happens quick for you!

I don't think I waited long enough to get pregnant again, not that it was planned , 6 months wasn't enough for my body to recover. We will be waiting a while before ttc #3. I think it's going up be fun having two boys use in age! I'm excited! Lol, man cave..I need a mom cave, I'm the only female in the house, even the dogs are male.
January 14th, 2014, 09:19 PM
MomtoCarly&Sofia's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's been a long week! We cleaned and organized the entire house to get ready for Carly's ABA therapy that started today. We are going to have someone in our house for 3 hours 3x per week for her. It's a lot, and add to that an hour per week for Logan's early intervention, I feel like there's always someone here!

January 15th, 2014, 07:33 AM
Wow that is a lot for therapy. Akadia's speech therapy was only 1 hour, once a week and that felt like a lot. I was always scrambling to clean the house but by the end of the year, I just pushed stuff aside when the therapist came over. What does the ABA therapy consist of?

January 15th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leanne78 View Post
Wow that is a lot for therapy. Akadia's speech therapy was only 1 hour, once a week and that felt like a lot. I was always scrambling to clean the house but by the end of the year, I just pushed stuff aside when the therapist came over. What does the ABA therapy consist of?
ABA therapy is used for kids with autism. Basically they are going to work with her on the things she has problems with like bathtime, brushing hair, getting dressed, her food issues, potty, lots of things! Pretty much all of these things cause daily meltdowns, I'm talking like ear piercing screams from her. The other night was a 40 minute ordeal over a taco not being folded the "right" way.

Last night was interesting, she went screaming across the house when they walked in, but after 15 minutes was unusually well behaved. I'm sure by the end of the week the real Carly will show up. It's a little weird having someone in your house through dinner and bathtime though, but I guess as long as they can help her I'll learn to deal with it!

January 15th, 2014, 01:53 PM
That has to be a lot to deal with. Hopefully, the therapy will help things be more manageable for her. You'll have to let me know how it goes.

January 21st, 2014, 07:11 AM
How's everyone doing?

I'm doing pretty good. I will be 37 weeks on Saturday, so close! Frankie has been throwing some tantrums when we tell him no or don't let him do something or when we tell him it's bed time. So that's been fun lol. They are calling for about a foot of snow today, very windy and cold.
January 21st, 2014, 12:57 PM
We're expecting snow too, no idea how much though! Logan dropped a can of soup on his toe last night. I've never heard him scream like that before he wouldn't walk on it last night but today he's limping around. I feel so bad for him, on call doctor when we called said it was probably just badly bruised. But How can she tell through the phone, so I'm not convinced it isn't broken yet. If he isn't walking better tomorrow I'm going to bring him in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search