Ahhh waiting game!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yashobo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 5th, 2014, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
This waiting game is driving me NUTS! Last I heard from Matt was at 4:30am telling me he went to MEPS (Physical exam) for the Navy. No word yet. I just want to know what's going on!! lol. Someone keep me busy!!

August 5th, 2014, 05:40 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh, I hope the wait is worth it. Praying good news comes your way.
Zukin likes this.

Sisters, friends forever
August 8th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ok so this is lonnng sorry in advance! This has been reposted from my FB personal page:

OK Long but overdue update! Sorry it took me forever tonight, just a ton of stuff to do when we got home

So, he technically passed his test, but the navy wouldnt take his score. They offered him FTS (Full Time Support) or Reserves with the Navy. It's not something we wanted, and although FTS gave him the same pay, allowances and benefits that a Active-Duty Navy Sailor would have gotten... it wasnt for us. He did pass MEPS with flying colors, and had one issue with background check that is now resolved (When he was 16.) The only that the MEPS guys said during his examination is that he may need glasses due to his depth perception...

We talked about it more yesterday, and he wants to join Army. I sent a Text Message to Kimberly and had her hubby look at it to see if it would be a good fit, job wise... and it does - esp for the jobs he wants to do!! (Sorry kim, havent had time to contact your hubby!! He said he will tomorrow)

Fast forward to today.... When he got off work, we had a appt. with Army Recruiter @ 330pm CST .... We gave him the run-down of what happened, and while Matt filled out some paper work, I asked the questions Matt asked from the Navy recruiter. We got a ton of stuff answered, and a hell of a lot better than the last time!! The major difference between Navy & Army we both noticed was that they at least don't go by AFQT score, but more so the "line score" (Meaning the score you made for each test you took, gives you a job...) and he qualifies for a TON! They also showed us some jobs, and I was able to take photos of it so we can discuss it at home on which job will be best for HIM and for outside once he retires!

We will not be enlisting until end of August. Why you ask? He wants to see his family (I miss Amber, Carol, Heather, Craig and the rest of the crew!) Kathy needs to see her other grandparent, great grandparents and family! We want to see our niece and spend time before he goes off for a while. We spoke to his boss, and although we can't do it the next 2 weeks, we will be on the 3rd week (starting 08/25) and going to PA to visit family for about a week or so. Now, this soley depends on when he will be going to boot camp. His recruiter did say it'll be about 2 months (So oct), but we all know recruiters, they usually say something and it's not what happens ha ha!!

I also thought it was awesome to hear that the Army does PT training once a week up until you ship to boot camp. He said that it prepares them for boot camp (maybe it does... maybe it doesnt), but he will still be able to work at his current job, as the PT wont be until 3:45PM - 5:45PM. He also said it's recommended, not mandatory, but both of us know anything like that you DONT want to miss. This is one of the other reasons why we are waiting before he signs and swears in to the military. What is pretty cool about us going back to PA for that week or whatever is his boss is EXTREMELY understanding, and although we won't get paid for the time we're gone, but he will have his job still when we return up until boot camp. What boss allows you to do that?!

The jobs Matt is soley interested in is Mechanics, although boot camp I hear is 9 weeks for Army, he can have a min. of 9 weeks for the schooling. Unfort, I cannot move with him when he goes to school, but that's okay! Soon enough!!! They did say he gets 1 phone call when he arrives at his BC, and one before they graduated to give dates so family/friends can come by! There are only 4 BC bases for the Army... One in GA, SC, MO (I think) and then OH. I hope we get GA, it would be SO easy for myself, my parents and his mom, sister etc to go visit and to see him graduated. Schooling is another story, and we have no idea where that will lead him.

The first and most important thing before any of this happens is getting his license. Yes, he is 25 and only has a permit. He lived in a small town in PA and really didn't need a car or license to move around. It's fine BUT I only have a manual car.... Would anyone be interested in allowing us to borrow your automatic car so he can take the test in GB? This will help him out SO much, esp for jobs in the military! Without a license, there's TONS he cant do, and we dont want that! Plus, he really needs his license.... We've been slacking & with no automatic (That isnt a HUGE truck lol.... Dad), it's so hard to get started! He has gotten better with my Mazda, but I am too nervous to take him out on the hwy with other idiots running around - you know?

So... yeah. We're going Army. I cannot wait. We need this. My mom said she wont miss us as much as the baby when we actually move out. It's good for our family. We've been here too long, and nothing has been going right for us.

That, and I'm still getting my surgery. When we come back from PA, I'm looking at sometime the first of Sept., during the time of my recovery, KM will be in full time daycare. I can't do that to my parents, they already help taking care of her, but to do it almost 24/7 (minus the days matt is off), is and will be rough on them. They're old (sorry! haha..), but KM wears them out as it is, for a few hours a day..... 24 hours? Ehh... yeah. Lol! I won't be able to hold her , lift her, anything for 10 weeks!!! and I'll be housebound for that long if not longer my orthapedic said I'll need company for sure guys!!! <3

OK I think I wrote a book. I'm not sure I missed a thing, but we are HAPPY! and excited. <3 Please pray and wish us along this journey of new life.......

PS: Just to re-cap, He didnt sign anything yet, we will be signing sometime the last week of August to first week of Sept. Which gives him about a month before he goes to BC assuming it's in Oct. AHHHH I'm sooooo happy for our life changes. <3 <3 <3

August 8th, 2014, 06:59 PM
yashobo's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So happy for you and your family. Praying it all works out. Congrats to your dh.

Sisters, friends forever
August 9th, 2014, 09:01 AM
October 2012 PR Co-Host
Wow, big changes!! Thanks for the update.

Jesus loving, SAHM to five children.
August 11th, 2014, 01:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow!! A lot of things going on. ya"ll sound like you guys are figuring things out o.k. Sorry I have not posted much but I read everyones updates and check here every single day. I still spend the bulk of my time either talking to the bottom of my toilet about why I vomit or sleeping off zofran and Dramamene. Its been pretty rough for me lately. Its not usually this bad this far into the pregnancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search