BTDT moms -- First time pregnancy troubles

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 27th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
What issues if any did you have during your first (or 2nd or 3rd etc) pregnancies?

I had severe all day sickness well into the middle of my 2nd tri -- from 6-20 weeks (and was on zofran the whole time). I shunned meat for 9 months (not my choice, was the babies choice -- made me wanna hurl!) and was anemic because of that. I was hospitalized at 19 weeks for severe dehydration from the stomach flu (was vomiting and could not stop which then lead to contractions), and at almost 33 weeks for pre-term labor. I had some heart issues (not enough blood pressure to pump all the blood around even though my resting heart rate was 100-110 - so my heart valves were leaking/I had a murmur). They induced me 2 days before my DD because it was getting too dangerous for me and I was no longer sleeping. Then at the end, I was allergic to my stitches from my tare. My first pregnancy was just a barrel of monkeys and I am hoping for a MUCH smoother ride this time.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
March 27th, 2013, 12:16 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1st rule of pregnancy...EVERY PREGNANCY IS DIFFERENT! Just b/c you had it tough the 1st time around does not necessarily mean you will have a hard time with other ones.

The only thing that lines up with all 3 of my children is that I do get bad morning/all day sickness and live off of Zofran for 9 months. I also had gestational diabetes with all 3 kiddo's.

Other than that each pregnancy was different. Had a c/s with my 1st b/c she was breech. Had a medicated VBAC with my 2nd that was a breeze! Had a medicated VBAC with my 3rd but the epi ran out as I transitioned so I felt it all and he was sunny side up so I got to experience back labor *yikes*

Plus in my experience you tend to worry less with the 2nd (or more) pregnancy b/c you know the ropes

Hope this time is easier for you Oriyan

March 27th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't have any problems with mine until the last 2 weeks and that was high blood pressure. My OB was on the fence with bed rest so I just put myself on it. I'm hoping this pregnancy will be as easy as the last *fingers crossed*

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

March 27th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Veteran
I had hyperemesis. That was honestly it. Beyond that, I was good to go. And labor was super easy with my DS. But everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. Just enjoy every second because babies grow so quickly once outside of your belly- you'll miss the belly believe it or not!

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart.)
March 27th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I am seriously hoping this pregnancy is different! So far it is EXACTLY the same.

Don't know if i really wanna go through all that again! The heart thing is almost guaranteed though. My BP is super low (usually like 90/60 or less -- sometimes 80/50 -- sometimes lower!) BUT we think that has a lot to do with my thyroid/adrenal issue -- which i am seeing the endocrinologist on May 8th. So hopefully i can get more answers.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
March 27th, 2013, 05:12 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ive been pretty fortunate....i threw up once a day both times from 8-14 weeks, then it was gone...no real food aversions, but definitely things i didn't prefer..but its not like i couldnt stand being around them.....i was induced for hellp disease with brylie at 37 weeks, but hunter was born spontaneously at 40.4 with zero complications (he did have a true knot in his cord, but thankfully he was okay..the knot was quite tight)

both my kids were born all sorts of tangled up in the cord, and with it around their necks but never had any complications from that

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
March 29th, 2013, 12:24 PM
jennmommyoftwobeauties's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to jennmommyoftwobeauties Send a message via Yahoo to jennmommyoftwobeauties
With my two I had pretty normal pregnancies outside of a few things. My oldest I had issues with pressure in my lower region making it unbearable to walk. My OB however really did not seem worried about it but closer to the end decided to go ahead and induce a week early. When they broke my water they found my water was excessive which led the doctors to think that I had too MUCH amniotic fluid causing the massive pressure. My daughter however was the clear opposite. They thought that I had low fluid and she was small and at some point were afraid that she was not growing as they thought she should. Then I managed to get gestational diabetes with her as well.
March 29th, 2013, 03:42 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No real issues with my first. I ended up with a c-section because I panicked and went to the hospital too early and let them talk me into pitocin.

March 31st, 2013, 06:34 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had no problems with my first during my pregnancy other then extreme pain in my back, hips and feet. Wyatt was sunny side up most of my pregnancy and quite the mover and I think that caused a lot of my excess discomfort. I was HUGE, but it was all in my belly. I also had issues with panic attacks, I had them several times a week. However I was married to a not so nice person at the time and I have hope those won't happen this time.

My problems didn't show up until my labor started. I went to the hospital only at 1.5 cm and was having off the chart contractions every minute. I felt like I was getting shot with a shotgun in my back and it threw me into a full out panic from not having any breaks from the pain. My natural birth plan went out the window and I got an epi and around 10 hours later I finally got to 10cm and got to push once when Wyatt went into distress and didn't come out of it for 10 minutes. They called in the c/s crew and gave me one more chance to push and he went into distress again so I had an emergency c/s.

After he was born I was in the hospital for just shy of 5 days due to extreme pain management issues, panic attacks and what looked like a possible infection in my incision line.

I'm hoping for a VBAC this time and I have a much better support system and loving SO this time. I expect everything to go much smoother.
March 31st, 2013, 08:53 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
My first was a textbook pregnancy I had no morning sickness and really wouldn't have ever know had I not been dared to test. I even did the March of dimes at 36 weeks pregnant and being as I worked in daycare I was jump roping with the school age kids at 39 weeks. I worked until the Friday before I delivered. Worst "complication with him was meconium birth which they just cleaned him up real good and he was fine.

Second pregnancy was a horrible roller coaster ride. I suffered hyperemesis the entire pregnancy. Had low progesterone that needed shots at the start. Then my blood pressure started rising but not high enough for bed rest but the doctor prescribed medicine which I refused. At 32 weeks he stopped growing and I started having low fluid which led to chugging so much water I felt like I could float to keep the level above "5" which is the point they were going to pull him.

The only thing consistent between the two pregnancies was the sciatic nerve pain which is more of a painful annoyance I can deal with. This time morning sickness started 8 dpo so I am not too hopeful it will go away in the near future.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search