A waste of money

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By shirley_ann
  • 1 Post By HorseGal
  • 1 Post By **jessie**
  • 1 Post By aMylahMinute

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2013, 06:41 AM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
With your previous pregnancies and babies, did anyone buy anything that ended up being a scam or complete waste of money? This is my first and I wanted to be wary of money wasting!

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

April 7th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Super Mommy
Great question! I will be looking forward to the answers
ErinBoshnyak1985 likes this.

After 15 long years, our miracle is now here...
Xavier arrived 8 weeks early on February 9th, 2014
We are over the moon happy!!! <3

Follow me to my Blog at http://islandangel.blog.com

April 7th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Every baby is different, and while some love certain things, others hate them.

I have a curious little boy, so I don't really have anything that I wouldn't buy again. But I know in my PR, some babies hated swings, or their jumperoo, or their bumbo, etc. The only thing I've seen consistently is a wipe warmer lol.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 7th, 2013, 08:19 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thats very true! My son would never use his jumper but loved his bouncer and swing. I've always heard the wipe warmer as well as being a bust... Or those pee pee tee pee's lol.

Only get cloth diapers with snaps.
bajars2531 likes this.
April 7th, 2013, 08:42 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely a wipe warmer. I can count on 1 hand the number of times I used it!!

April 7th, 2013, 09:16 AM
MamaLemonade's Avatar ~~Whitney~~
The wipe warmer & I never used that digital clock thing that you record when you feed, change or baby naps .
Mommy to:C(5), M(4), T(1), awaiting #4
Married to my <3 since 8/09

April 7th, 2013, 10:03 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
My son only liked warm wipes. So the wipe warmer worked for us.

However, he hated his jumperoo.

I found onsies to be annoying once they are beyond 6 months or so and wouldn't buy them over 6 months again.

Age does not correspond with clothing size. My 6 month old wore 12 month clothes.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
April 7th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Every mom and every baby is different, so you won't really know until baby arrives what s/he likes and doesn't. I don't think I've come across any scams though.

The biggest waste of $ for us was the pack n' play. Both children (very different) both hated it. I think it is really uncomfortable and you are better off with a bassinet, crib, co-sleeper, whatever. My 1st son hated the swing, the 2nd one loved it. Swaddles were a big waste of money- our babies preferred sleep sacks. Expensive nursery bedding is a waste because you can never have anything in with baby other than the fitted sheet, so the comforter, bumper, and esp the diaper stacker are a waste. Nursing pajamas are useless- it takes more time to get your boob out of the hole then to pull up your T-shirt and no one is watching in the middle of the night! Ummm, and don't buy many newborn sized clothes or diapers- most 'regular' sized babies grown out of them in about a week or two.
*Leah* likes this.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
April 7th, 2013, 12:13 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
For me the biggest waste was a changing table I just keep a folding changing pad both upstairs and down and change him on the floor. With cloth diapering I bought an entire stash of what I thought would be awesome and ended up hating them. As for clothing sizes I had my first for the sizes almost perfectly and my second is 14 months and still wear 6-9 month clothes so every baby is different.

April 7th, 2013, 12:36 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
mostly everything for us that is marketed regularly....all my kids liked were boobs, snuggles, and being carried around ...i used the swing some with Hunter, because it was more necessary at times than it was with Brylie..but the jumperoo, exercauser, playmat, etc...never used any of that....the my breast friend, i hated it..i liked the boppy when they're newborns though.....hmmm what else....the basinet...both my kids just slept in bed with us

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 7th, 2013, 12:46 PM
We were give a co sleeper thingy(ha). It's a little bed you put in your bed for the baby to sleep in safely... We didn't use it once. There was also the Breast pump, I used it just a few times. Thank goodness i just had a loaner, They are super expensive. The only other thing I can think of is burp cloths, had a few but didn't use them at all.
April 7th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree with th wipes warmer! I never used it. That's the only thing I can think of so far that was useless to me.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

April 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow this is great!!! Keep um comin' ladies!

My mom and I went to babies r us today....omg!!! Why do all cribs look exactly the same???? I'm gonna go to ikea they have awesome baby stuff.

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

April 7th, 2013, 05:15 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
my beaba baby cooker...too much work, my kids went straight to table food

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 8th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Veteran
For us it was a crib. DS went from newborn co-sleeper, to bedside bassinet, to our bed for awhile, to his own full-sized mattress with guard rail on the floor of his room. The crib made a wonderful place to store laundry. LOL.
bajars2531 likes this.
April 8th, 2013, 05:49 AM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
The bottle sterilizer that I was given for DD seemed to have been a waste. The best thing for us was the way my mom did it when I was born, a huge pot of boiling water... I couldn't even figure out where all of the pieces of the sterilizer went, let alone how to get it to function the way it was supposed to!

The wipe warmer was a waste, I agree! lol

During my last pregnancy, I was given a baby heart monitor, the kind with headphones and the band around your waist to hold the monitor in place. To this day I still don't think I actually heard her hearbeat with it, I could never get it positioned right.
April 8th, 2013, 05:50 AM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
The bottle sterilizer that I was given for DD seemed to have been a waste. The best thing for us was the way my mom did it when I was born, a huge pot of boiling water... I couldn't even figure out where all of the pieces of the sterilizer went, let alone how to get it to function the way it was supposed to!

The wipe warmer was a waste, I agree! lol

During my last pregnancy, I was given a baby heart monitor, the kind with headphones and the band around your waist to hold the monitor in place. To this day I still don't think I actually heard her hearbeat with it, I could never get it positioned right.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search