Cloth Diapering?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By anybodyinthere
  • 1 Post By swade66

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2013, 07:36 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone planning on using cloth?

DS wears mostly cloth. He does use sposies at night and when we go out of town.

I also plan on using sposies for about the first month because AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO' THAT! Haha! There is too much going on to worry about washing cloth in the first month, plus...so...many...DIAPERS.
*Leah* likes this.

April 15th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I will be using cloth. Like you ill be using sposies the first month. I love fluffy bums!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

April 15th, 2013, 08:53 PM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
We do! I use disposables when were out of town or having a big day out doing stuff. And of course well use them until baby is about 8/9 pounds. Thinking I might keep Avery in disposables too while the new baby is in them. I definitely don't want to worry about keeping up with those and DH definitely won't wash them lol.

April 15th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Cloth here and I plan to use cloth from day 1 even in hospital. Newborn diapers are seriously cute.....lol. I already purchased a complete newborn stash...I started when we started trying. I will buy one small pack of disposables but I don't plan on using them. My mother in law is coming to stay with me the first month after baby so she will be doing the laundry

April 15th, 2013, 09:05 PM
More power to you if you can do it, but I stashed plenty of cloth planning on starting from day 1 and it just wasn't practical, nor did it fit well until he was about a month old.

YMMV though!

April 16th, 2013, 06:50 AM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I ended up using sposies for the first month will DD so will probably do the same. She uses sposies now since she's in daycare but we'll be potty training this summer so hopefully I'll only have 1 in diapers when this LO comes.

April 16th, 2013, 06:55 AM
LadybugBanana's Avatar Veteran
We won't be using cloth diapers... Maybe I am just lazy or part of the "convenience generation", but, either way I'd rather just take the diaper off and toss it... Laundry is a pain in the butt for me in the first place... My family has enough underwear and socks to last us 2 weeks without doing laundry, so, sometimes I stretch it to that 2 week mark... LOL
April 16th, 2013, 08:12 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan to full time from day one :-) it really isn't that much work and so worth it!
April 16th, 2013, 10:00 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
As long as this baby is born a normal newborn size we will do cloth from day 1 Atti didn't fit newborn diapers until he was about 6 weeks.

April 16th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Veteran
We invested in all that cloth for DS, so we'd better use it again! LOL.

We did keep sposies on hand for out of the house, and other times we were in a pinch, but we had a pretty good system going with the cloth diapering, so that's what we'll keep doing.
April 16th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodyinthere View Post
More power to you if you can do it, but I stashed plenty of cloth planning on starting from day 1 and it just wasn't practical, nor did it fit well until he was about a month old.

YMMV though!
I think it depends on the diapers you use?? I have stashed 9 lil joey's and 12 newborn swaddlebee simplex plus some GMD orange edge prefolds and newborn sized covers. I also plan to order another 4 lil joey's but waiting to see gender of baby first so I can go girly if it is a girl . All of these or so I have read/seen on diaperswappers/youtube will fit a newborn from about 5-7lbs up. So I am really hoping it all fits! Greyson was 7lb2oz at birth so hoping this little one will be similar in size.

Last edited by eilla05; April 16th, 2013 at 07:35 PM.
April 17th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't think we've decided yet. We have a ton of bum genius and a lot of prefolds with covers from our daughter. But cleaning them is such a pain!
April 17th, 2013, 03:04 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I won't the first month, then I will. That is what I did with Mallory. I just sold some of my Bum Genius 3.0 because I really like flipz and prefolds better than stuffing the pockets....I prefer the snaps vs aplix as well. I have some fuzzybunz that I really like, and some really cute thirsties covers..
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

April 17th, 2013, 04:21 PM
I HATE my Fuzzibunz!!! BG all the way, lol!

April 17th, 2013, 09:41 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Really LOL...the liners are SO much thicker with FB, I hate having to double up the BG!!
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

April 18th, 2013, 02:33 PM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
Not us. Cloth diapers always look so bulky I hate them...I would rather put on a nice thin cover if I want them to look cute. haha

Plus our water is incredibly HIGH so I will NOT be adding to the bill with a bunch of rinse cyles. lol

ETA: I also do NOT shake poop. ha!
*Leah* likes this.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search