Do you work outside the home or SAHM?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 07:35 PM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm an accounting clerk for a company in the oil & gas industry. This will be the first time I have worked pregnant.
April 20th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Regular
I'm a middle school teacher...switched careers last year. I will be continuing working as far as I know. Don't think we can afford for me not to, even though child care is also so expensive.
April 20th, 2013, 09:22 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work in emergency communications at a large airplane manufacturing company (a sister company to Boeing). I am also a part time EMT/Fire Science student and volunteer EMT for two different cities.

I am working towards going back to full time student status and start a hybrid (Online/On campus) Paramedic program in Jan 2013. I would stay home then with the new baby and my two year old and look for some kind of supplemental income then. We will make it work My goal is to work full or part time as a Paramedic/Fire Fighter in the future.
April 20th, 2013, 08:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I work as a substance abuse therapist but I also intern (working towards becoming a Licensed Professional Counselor) at the counseling agency that I work as a SA therapist for. I am somewhat blessed in that while my husband has his current job, which keeps him away from home for 2-3 weeks at at time, I do not really have to work. After this little one is born I plan to return to work part time after about 6-8 weeks as I can make a part time income on 1-2 worth of work as a therapist at my current agency and they are very family friendly thankfully .

I hope this all works as well as I plan.....because I have to also finish my internship from January 2014-May 2014..it will be my final semester.

April 20th, 2013, 09:01 PM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm a WAHM. Theres a private nursing home IN our home. So I get to take care of our elderly patients and take care of my daughter at the same time. The patients love her and I think babies will bring lots of joy to their lives. It's going to be really hard with two though... I plan on continuing for now but we'll see how things play out when we actually get there.

April 20th, 2013, 10:14 PM
J.E.N.N.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Basically a SAHM. I did hair before I had kids and stopped when I got pregnant bc I was put on bedrest then kept getting pregnant. I went back about 6 months after my 3rd was born and I work 1 day a week just have alittle of my own idenity
April 20th, 2013, 11:19 PM
Veteran
Sahm here we are not rich by any means but we make due with what we have.
April 21st, 2013, 02:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Work part-time outside the home as a veterinarian. Will go back after this baby to the same schedule, 3 days per week. Right now my awesome in-laws watch my current two children while I work so we have no day care costs. Unsure if they will be willing to take on a 3rd or not, so may be looking into an au pair.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
April 21st, 2013, 03:52 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I am s SAHM but work from my home 4 nights a week as an operator for an answering service.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
April 21st, 2013, 07:28 PM
CA-mommy-to-be's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work full-time outside the home as a systems engineer for an aerospace company. My work has mother's rooms available for pumping during the day so I was able to BF my DD for over a year.

DD goes to a Montessori school during the day.

I plan to continue working after the new LO arrives.

Welcomed daughter Miranda on December 18, 2013

Never doubt someone's passion. I'm a women engineer and proud of it!

April 21st, 2013, 08:02 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillwaiting View Post
Do you work outside or inside the home?

If outside...what do you do?

If you work outside the home...will you keep working after your LO is born?
I am a SAHM, but... I kinda run our business from home too (website). I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

With my first child, I worked in a library and only took 6 weeks off. With baby #2 I took the full 12 weeks off with the intention of resuming my job afterwards...but, then I decided to quit my job and stay at home with the kids because my long commute and the expensive 2 young kids in daycare would leave me with more than half my paycheck going to childcare and me seeing the kids for like 2 hours a day during the week.

April 22nd, 2013, 04:47 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I am a QA Analyst and work full time. I will go back to work after this baby is born.

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
April 22nd, 2013, 04:05 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I work outside the home right now. We have a nanny that comes 4 days a week, who I am losing in August because she is joining the Navy. I have NO idea what I am going to do once the baby comes...take my maternity leave and then ask them to allow me to adjust my hours (unlikely), take a different position where I can work night (slightly probable), or quit and get a different job working evenings. Daycare for two kiddos here will run us about $2300-2800/mo, which just isn't feasible with our salaries. Something big is going to have to change for sure.

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 22nd, 2013, 05:38 PM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I own and teach at my own pole dance studio. I also teach sex education though my local hospital.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search