Those of you who already have kids...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Yeah the look after you have a baby. You think -- OH THANK GOSH. Umm no. You leave looking 6 months pregnant, sitting is rather difficult, moving still hurts. It took me a good 2.5 weeks to look human again and lose all but 10 pounds.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
April 22nd, 2013, 03:49 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I guess the benefit of hardly looking pregnant when I was pregnant is that I lost the pregnant look fairly soon afterward. Which was actually good for me emotionally the first time around. Since I didn't have a baby, at least I didn't still look pregnant.

I was surprised at how week my abdominal muscles were afterward! It makes sense, since they were so stretched out, but I had to use my arms for EVERYTHING. Rolling over, sitting up, getting out of the car...

April 22nd, 2013, 03:55 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was surprised how I didn't feel the tear at all...I mean it hurt afterwards, (and my vag swelled up like huge!) but when it happened, nope. I just too busy pushing, lol. All the things you worry about before labor don't really matter once you're there. I was surprised at how fast things progressed for me. I was terrified because I had imagined this long slow process at home and eventually going to the hospital, but on the morning of my 39 week appointment, my midwife told me my bp had gotten too high and I had to be induced that day! I freaked out. But all in all it wasn't bad, 7 hours start to finish, no pain meds and even though I had to be induced I got almost everything on my birth plan. That surprised me too because I was REALLY scared to have a hospital birth, but they were amazing.
meritaten and CherryLimeade like this.

Make a pregnancy ticker

April 22nd, 2013, 04:33 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajars2531 View Post
I was surprised how I didn't feel the tear at all...I mean it hurt afterwards, (and my vag swelled up like huge!) but when it happened, nope. I just too busy pushing, lol. All the things you worry about before labor don't really matter once you're there. I was surprised at how fast things progressed for me. I was terrified because I had imagined this long slow process at home and eventually going to the hospital, but on the morning of my 39 week appointment, my midwife told me my bp had gotten too high and I had to be induced that day! I freaked out. But all in all it wasn't bad, 7 hours start to finish, no pain meds and even though I had to be induced I got almost everything on my birth plan. That surprised me too because I was REALLY scared to have a hospital birth, but they were amazing.
Yeah I didn't even know when I tore! And it wasn't really very painful after it was stitched up. It just felt swollen and heavy. And I was afraid to have a hospital birth first time around too! I had a birth center birth, but ended up at the hospital afterwards because I lost too much blood. I'm going to give birth in the hospital this time, so I'm just praying I have a good experience! I intend on hiring a doula to help with that.
bajars2531 likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 07:28 PM
Veteran
For me, I thought it was going to be worse. I walked in, had a baby, didn't rip or anything, walked out. It was great.

Bean 6w 1/31/13 & Baby Girl 14w 6/1/13
I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart.)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search