Doppler

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By *Leah*
  • 1 Post By JulieMc
  • 1 Post By *Leah*
  • 1 Post By Papasgirl
  • 1 Post By Kaniscooo

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 06:27 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Who has one? Will you get one or rent one from a website?

I have a sonoline B that I got with my last pregnancy, which I never got to hear a hb, because I m/c....I can't wait to use it this time.

I debated renting one from those websites...but for about $55 I got my own. It's really nice. My friend just borrowed it for her pregnancy. I think it will keep me calmer knowing I can hear his/her hb whenever I want.
mommamindy and Jodimarie like this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

April 22nd, 2013, 06:33 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I have one..I think it's the same as yours. It was only about $50 off ebay. I got it during the pregnancy where I had the 11w m/c. I was able to hear the heartbeat for a few weeks.
*Leah* likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 06:34 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
Julie...praying we get to use it our ENTIRE pregnancy this time ((HUGS))
JulieMc likes this.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

April 22nd, 2013, 06:36 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I had one with my last pregnancy...the same one as you. I miscarried and never heard the heartbeat. Having the doppler and not hearing anything caused my so much stress and worry. The day after the loss I listed it and sold it on eBay. I will get another one if this pregnancy progresses to the point where I can see and HEAR a nice, strong heart beat at ultrasound. Hopefully that will be the case, because I will listen every day!!
*Leah* likes this.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
April 22nd, 2013, 06:43 AM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
I have the same one, it was really nice being able to check on Avery whenever I wanted I've already tried with this baby knowing its too soon but I had to I can't wait to hear that little heartbeat!
*Leah* likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 06:43 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I got one with my last pregnancy to calm my nerves with the threatened miscarriage. I dug it out a couple days ago but I was only 6weeks 6 days so wasn't expecting to hear it yet. With Atti I got it right around 8 weeks and every time I worried I could just give it a quick listen.

April 22nd, 2013, 07:26 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I really think I want one of these. I bought a cheapie one with my DD, from babies r us and I never could get it to work. I have been looking at the more professional ones this go round!! I'm excited!!!

April 22nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Beautiful Life!
I have the same one! I had the 2 mhz one with both of my girls, but like you, I loaned it to a friend for her pg but I never got it back. So I ordered a 3 mhz one last pg, and heard the blood flow from the placenta and such but never the hb because of the m/c. So I am on pins and needles waiting to try it this time! I'm going to start trying it at 7 weeks probably, even though it may be too early. Just like testing early though, I drive myself crazy like that.

April 22nd, 2013, 02:14 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i have one that i use with doula clients when they're in labor to calm their fears if necessary...i think i used it twice with my pregnancy with hunter? once while i was in labor b/c he wasn't moving at all. he was born with a true knot in his cord..im glad i didnt know that while he wasn't moving because i would've been trippin

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 22nd, 2013, 03:47 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I consciously chose to NOT get a doppler last pregnancy because I know how I am. I would listen all the time and it would be a source of stress for me. :/

April 22nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodyinthere View Post
I consciously chose to NOT get a doppler last pregnancy because I know how I am. I would listen all the time and it would be a source of stress for me. :/
This is exactly how I would be! I wish I could be able to use one and not stress about it.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

April 22nd, 2013, 08:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have rented one with both pregnancies and quite honestly I am so glad I did with Zach. We had no idea that I would go into labor with him at 23 weeks but before that starting about 10 weeks we made it a nightly routine that we would lotion up my belly and listen to his heartbeat and feel for movements. It made the hubs feel more involved and looking back I really cherish that time we had with him.

With Greyson I rented one about 9 weeks and we didn't do the same routine as with Zach but we still listened daily and I once again loved it. So I will either rent one or check out the brand of the one you guys posted!!!

April 23rd, 2013, 08:25 AM
swade66's Avatar My friends call me HIRB.
I rented one with my daughter and ended up buying it. I used it a ton with her! With the boy he was a mover so we didn't use it as much. My sister is using it now so I won't have it for a while.

I have lent it out too. I think in total it has seen 7 pregnancies. With ever penny!

***Don't expect me to lie to you just because you won't like the truth.***
April 23rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodyinthere View Post
Ditto. And I know my husband would be screaming at me for freaking out.
April 23rd, 2013, 12:23 PM
Metamorphosis's Avatar Regular
I rented one with all three of my girls. It was great for reassurance in the time between morning sickness getting better and feeling movement. I didn't get one with my last pregnancy (my boy) because morning sickness continued the whole pregnancy. I'll see in a few weeks if I'll rent one this time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search