Risky business

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By momof8lopez

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Veteran
I found out today that my cramps and bleeding are due to what's called a subchorionic hemorrhage. My doctor said that this makes me at a higher risk for miscarriage (due to how early I am in the pregnancy) & if the pregnancy dose continue ill be at a high risk for preterm labor. Needless to say, I am terrified! I suppose Im just looking for some support & Id really love to hear if any other btdt mamas have dealt with this before. Thanks ahead of time!

April 22nd, 2013, 10:09 AM
momof8lopez's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lurking, but wanted to help. Im from the Nov DDC. I have had confirmed "small" SCH's now with my last 3 pregnancy's, 2 resulted in full term baby's and this one has resolved already. It depends on the size mostly and where its located, but MOST of these resolve without issues. I spotted with all 3, until about 9wks. Cramps were horrible. I did not lift anything, no baths, complete pelvic rest and all was well. My MFM dr. told me that he has seen some SCH's that can completely take up the uterus and the baby is still fine, full term and healthy. We are labeled higher risk of m/c during the first trimester, but dont let this scare you. Im proof that with 3 pregnancy's so far, all can turn out perfectly fine!

Momma of 8 beautiful children now. Most recent is Jerry Jr. born 11/19/12 at 37wk, 7lbs 6oz and 19.5inches and Baby Reymundo born 10/7/13 at 35w6d, 6lbs 7oz, 19.5 inches. Momma of 5 angels. New siggy to come!

April 22nd, 2013, 10:24 AM
Veteran
I don't have any advice, but I just wanted to give you a *hug*. I'm sorry this is a scary time for you, but as the above poster said, you have a lot of reasons to stay hopeful.
April 22nd, 2013, 10:50 AM
J.E.N.N.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I havent had any experiance to this point but I had cramping and bleeding as well so I know how stressful that can be. I do notice mine does improve greatly the more rest/down time I get and the more water I drink.

Just do everything you can to rest and relax. My t&ps are with u!!
April 22nd, 2013, 11:36 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
Im sorry you are dealing with this. I know how stressful this is and how much worry you are experiencing. Try to stay positive!

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
April 22nd, 2013, 12:01 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I've never personally had an sch, but I know SO VERY MANY women who have had them and gone on to healthy full term babies. Many, like Lori's, resolve within the first half the pregnancy.

April 22nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
BoyerMom's Avatar Super Mommy
I haven't dealt with this other than having cramps. Sorry you have to worry about this.

April 22nd, 2013, 12:14 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it sounds like your Dr. gave you worst case scenario, which was totally not cool. Im so sorry he instilled this worry in you! (as if we don't worry enough on our own!)

my RE just called me a couple hours ago and told me my issues are from a SCH and she said they should pose no problems at all, and i should go on to have a complication free pregnancy and wished me the best. Try not to fret, but I *know* how hard that is. We are all here to listen when you need some friends to lean on!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 22nd, 2013, 12:24 PM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I've known a large handful of mommies to be that had this as well. I currently have a friend preggo with twins that has one and even though she is still spotting/bleeding a little, her little beans are just fine at 15ish weeks.

I know it's scary, but it's MUCH more common than you think....and like Lori said...most resolves itself.

Praying all stays well with you.
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

April 22nd, 2013, 01:05 PM
Veteran
All of you ladies are wonderful. I actually do feel a whole lot more optimistic about this whole thing. My doctor said " I wouldn't start telling people if i were you" and I took that probably in the worst possible way. We are so excited about this pregnancy, we have told everyone lol.

April 22nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliciafj1 View Post
All of you ladies are wonderful. I actually do feel a whole lot more optimistic about this whole thing. My doctor said " I wouldn't start telling people if i were you" and I took that probably in the worst possible way. We are so excited about this pregnancy, we have told everyone lol.
Your Dr. should NOT have said that. It is not his place to decide when/if you tell anyone ANYTHING. I'm so sorry momma

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search