Low progesterone ?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By anybodyinthere
  • 1 Post By J.E.N.N.
  • 1 Post By Brittanie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 22nd, 2013, 02:59 PM
J.E.N.N.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So my doctors nurse just called with my blood test from Thurs and my progesterone is really low. My doc is out today doing surgery and on call tomorrow so she's supposed to call him tomorrow and get a prescription called in for me. I'm 5 weeks today. Hopefully we caught it early enough to get meds started and the baby is ok. My hcg did go up a tiny bit but it was only 24 hrs since my last draw so we didnt expect much..

Anyone have experience with this and have it turn out ok??
April 22nd, 2013, 03:28 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i dont have any personal experience, but from being around JM i've seen a few mommas who have had low prog. and from what i can remember, the supplements all helped. I hope they get it called in for you right away tomorrow!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
April 22nd, 2013, 03:38 PM
Super Mommy
I'm on the progesterone suppositories. It has brought the level up some. It also helped ease the cramping I was having.

April 22nd, 2013, 03:41 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So that most likely explains your bleeding! The progesterone supplements should clear that up I bet!

See, this is why I think it is so dumb that I have to wait until 8 weeks to see my OB. I'm 35. I realize I just had a baby last year, so they probably assume everything will be easy like last time, but I feel like they should draw blood at least because what if my levels were low? I guess they would if I had symptoms. :/
*Leah* likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anybodyinthere View Post
So that most likely explains your bleeding! The progesterone supplements should clear that up I bet!

See, this is why I think it is so dumb that I have to wait until 8 weeks to see my OB. I'm 35. I realize I just had a baby last year, so they probably assume everything will be easy like last time, but I feel like they should draw blood at least because what if my levels were low? I guess they would if I had symptoms. :/
Yeah she said hopefully my bleeding/spotting will clear up once
I start them. I'm alot more crampy today then I have been but I'm trying to just relax as much as possible. Hopefully I can start it ASAP tomorrow...

I've had 3 pregnancies and never had this issue. I think they should def do levels early on just to check. The only reason I know is bc I keep going in for the bleeding. But even if I hadn't my doc will see u as soon as u know
anybodyinthere likes this.
April 22nd, 2013, 03:52 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I went in with Allison because I was bleeding and my progesterone was low. They put me on supplements and she's almost 20 months old.

edited to add: I started the supplements when I was not quite 7 weeks.
J.E.N.N. likes this.

April 22nd, 2013, 04:52 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
With Atti I started shots at 5 weeks and this time I started them at 4 weeks. Atti is a perfect happy almost 15 month old so hopefully this one will be okay too. Though I am going to pick up my newest results so I may post a rant about progesterone in a bit.

April 22nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
I didnt feel comfortable waiting tell tomorrow when I know starting something now could be wry beneficial so I called and asked if the other doctor could call something in. She just called back and she got some progesterone called in and she's going to double check with my doctor when he calls tomorrow to see if he wants to add or change anything! I feel much better getting to start it tonight !
April 22nd, 2013, 07:42 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good for you! I wouldn't have wanted to wait either, not at this stage.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search