for the BTDT mamas....the "all in you head" comments

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 04:01 AM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
Ive been getting the oh so helpful "its all in your head" comments about my symptoms (tired, nauseous, etc). Don't know how to combat them, because on one hand I think they are right, and on the other hand I want to believe what my body is telling me I'm feeling. After pregnancy, did you get a different perspective of your symptoms you had?

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

April 24th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
You are feeling what you are feeling. I doubt its all in your head given that you are 8weeks! If you were not yet sure if you were pregnant and you were having phantom symptoms because you wanted to be pregnant, then ya, maybe, but at 8 weeks, you are feeling pregnant! After being pregnant 10 previous times, I have a lot to reflect on. I have had some say that to me too....telling me its too early to feel anything, or its not that bad etc. All I can tell you is that YOU feel what YOU feel and if others dont seem to be helpful to you, then don't tell them.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
April 24th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Tell those people they can shove it. My first preg I fell asleep every night at 6:30 until I was 8 weeks. Why would they think it's in your head? Seems rude to me
April 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I totally agree with Meritaten. Every person and every pregnancy is different. It's not in your head! And they are being rude! ((HUGS))
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

April 24th, 2013, 11:16 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I'm sure they're not all in your head. I got symptoms right away every pregnancy. Now, if you told me you were feeling movement any earlier than 10 weeks along, I would tell you that's all in your head and its just gas. lol.

April 24th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I am sure its not all in your head! I noticed symptoms alot sooner with this one than my others.(((hugs)))
April 24th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You're 8 weeks, so definitely not "all in your head." I started feeling weird with this one right away, which was what made me take a test. Been tired & nauseous ever since.

April 24th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I get symptoms probably 2 or 3 days after ovulation, and I only consider it "all in my head" until I get a positive test (and I've had enough symptoms when I WASN'T pregnant to know that sometimes it IS "all in my head"). Definitely at 8 weeks you're feeling pregnant!

April 24th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
lol, you're 8 weeks pregnant... I doubt it's all in your head. I wonder have those people who have been saying that been pregnant before? It's not exactly a walk in the park for most women. Symptoms are real, and they can totally suck.

April 24th, 2013, 02:48 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At this point, people don't have any sort of basis for saying it's all in your head. Sounds like they are the ones having issues in their heads.

April 24th, 2013, 04:12 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
If the symptoms were all in your head, then why are these symptoms universal, lol?! No one has told me it's all in my head before.

With my first, my husband wasn't very sympathetic though. I remember once he brought his flippin experimental ramen noodles (he adds salt, pepper, garlic, more peppers, etc to his ramen) and it SMELLED soooo bad! And i yelled at him to take it out of the room and he said i was being overdramatic!! During my m/s days last time he would also get mad at me for not wanting to have sex. hello? Who wants to have sex when every little move you make sends a wave of nausea thru your tummy.

But i'm happy to say this pregnancy he has made much improvement. He just ran and got me lemon lime powerade and some cans of potato soup (which i like to eat cold these days). And he hasn't said anything about the house being a pigsty...

April 24th, 2013, 04:21 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree that sometimes people psych themselves into having symptoms or into having WORSE symptoms than they have but at 8 weeks, I definitely had symptoms with my 1st pregnancy. I was SO FREAKING TIRED. O...M...G. And smells were just...no.

I didn't really get nausea, so I can't speak to that.

Now, when people think they are showing at 5 weeks. That's gas. LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search