Anxiety...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 09:17 AM
LadybugBanana's Avatar Veteran
So, I know it was talked about before, but I am curious if anyone else is experiencing anxiety? I have Panic Disorder, Generalized Anxiety Disorder, and Depression off and on. I was on several medications prior to pregnancy and they were all Category D or X, so they were stopped when I saw my BFP. Well, I am now going through some serious withdrawals with horrible panic attacks.
Friday I started spotting (orange-tinted) and went to the ER terrified. We ended up seeing the heartbeat during that U/S so it helped a little but not much. Within 4 days I have had over 15 full blown panic attacks. I have tried natural remedies and breathing/meditation techniques, all with no success. My Dr wants to put me on Buspar, and anxiety medication that is Category B. I am going to take it, but fear it will not be enough for my amount of anxiety.

Does anyone else suffer from anxiety/Panic Disorder? Do you plan to medicate during this pregnancy or will you being doing it naturally? With my DD my anxiety disappeared, but with this one, it has magnified greatly. The Dr thinks part of it is due to me suddenly stopping my meds I was on. That this is withdrawal.

To top it all off, we tell his parents tonight. They are very judgmental and I am stressing over it big time. Everything in my body hurts from my anxiety and it has my mental state a disaster right now
April 24th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I don't suffer from Panic disorder like you do. I do have occasional panic attacks and i am sure it is nothing compared to yours. Although i don't have much experience with this, I wanted to say I am sorry you are struggling. It must be scary at times to go through this and I hope you are able to find some way to manage. Good luck with DH's parent's tonight.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
April 24th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Big

I do struggle with anxiety, but try to deal with it naturally. Pregnancy can be anxiety provoking in and of itself, never mind if you struggle with it anyway. Increasing hormones can make it worse too (my anxiety always gets worse during PMS week/early pregnancy). So the combo of med withdrawals and shifting hormones could definitely be exacerbating your anxiety. I have used a really good hypnotherapy program before bed, which to my surprise really helped with an overall sense of calmness during the day (and I am a huge sceptic of those types of things). Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone and hopefully as things progress you will feel better.

April 24th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have anxiety disorder and panic attacks too. They took me off everything in my last pregnancy and like you it did not go so well. I tried several different meds including Buspar. I react weird to meds so it's very hard to find anything that works for me. I ended up on a cocktail of Vistaril and .5mg Valium. Valium isn't really intended for pregnant women but in my case the benefits out weighed the risks. If you can try to get your psych meds Dr and your OBGYN/midwife talking to each other and working together. That was one of my main issues because I was having to bounce back and forth between the two. Good luck.

April 24th, 2013, 09:53 AM
Missa_Mae's Avatar First Time Mommy!
Hi ... first off HUGS to you

I have suffered with anxiety attacks since I was a teenager & it was controlled with an occasional Xanax ... however, when I got my BFP I threw the Xanax in the garbage. My anxiety peaked & depression sunk in. I was going out of my mind!

I tried BuSpar and it did nothing ... then, with the recommendation of my OB, I started a low dose of Zoloft. This was a miracle, I became myself again with 4 weeks and I stayed on the med thru delivery & am still taking it now. My baby is perfect!

Also, with a previous history of anxiety/panic/depression, you have a higher risk of developing PPD. The sooner you treat it, the better.

Talk to your OB, you have to take care of yourself too!

Co-Host of the April 2013 Playroom

April 24th, 2013, 04:59 PM
JessMitch's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would talk to your OB right away and get them talking to your other doctor. Also, its very dangerous to just stop medications without speaking to your doctor first so just be careful I work in the mental health field so I've seen people withdrawing from these medications and it isn't pretty. How long ago did you stop your meds? Maybe the doctor can put you on a safe dose and then taper you off until you feel comfortable

April 24th, 2013, 06:37 PM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
Oh hon, I'm really sorry! I have depression on and off too, but I have never been medicated for it. I hope you can find something that will help you relax! GL with the 'rents tonight! I was stressed about that too; each time I have told someone important, my whole body started to shake in panic, I think it's because I'm waiting for the lecture (I'm 27 for crying out loud, not 15!)

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

April 25th, 2013, 06:46 AM
LadybugBanana's Avatar Veteran
Thank you everyone!

My Dr is actually the one who told me to stop taking my meds. It has been about a week and a half to 2 weeks now. I started the Buspar 2 nights ago, and have been having the strangest side effects
My anxiety stems from body issues. I have Fibromyalgia and I turn everything into a disaster in my mind. A small gas bubble will tell my mind that I am going to die because of blocked intestines. This anxiety is coming from my headache. I have had a headache for 3 months now, constant, and not letting up. Occasionally it gets worse and hard to concentrate and focus out of my right eye. This has my mind racing with destructive thoughts. Hopefully the meds will help this get better soon

As for his parents, they are so excited! I was terrified but it ended up going better than I could have imagined! So thankful for that!
April 25th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry you have the anxiety issues. I'm glad it went well with his parents!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

April 25th, 2013, 09:58 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get PPD after each child. I take zoloft for a few months and then I wean and I'm ok. I Feel lucky that it's only around/during pregnancy, because it is a terrible feeling. My mom has struggled with it (under control now) and my older brother so I think it's genetic. During my last pregnancy, I had terrible anxiety at the end. I couldn't eat, barely slept. I ended up seeing a therapist for the last few months, which did help. He pushed me to exercise which is not easy at 7 months pregnant!! I had always loved exercise but having kids made it difficult. I could not wait to give birth, at my first meal after she was born, I took my first zoloft pill. Relief!!

I took my therapist and OB to heart and start exercising in earnest when I thought about having another baby. I don't want to experience that anxiety again. So I am going to try to keep it up as much as possible and I fully expect to go on zoloft again after the baby. I wanted to avoid taking it while pregnant, but I can totally see why it would be necessary for some women.

I hope you can find something that works, so you can ENJOY your pregnancy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search