Heartburn already??

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By HeartHelloKitty
  • 2 Post By Kaniscooo
  • 2 Post By Brittanie
  • 1 Post By ErinBoshnyak1985
  • 1 Post By Kaniscooo
  • 1 Post By BoyerMom
  • 1 Post By CherryLimeade
  • 1 Post By Miss-Melissa-Sue
  • 1 Post By jwitak

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
I have been getting heartburn every day already! I have been taking Tums a few times a day and usually if I got heartburn one would be enough for the whole day.. I thought it started when the baby got bigger? lol Does anyone know if the Prilosec heartburn pills are ok to take during pregnancy? Sorry if this was posted before already
December 3rd 2014 !! Baby #2 due August 2015!!!

April 24th, 2013, 02:57 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Heartburn is one of my earliest pregnancy symptoms! I'm not sure what you can take for it safely besides tums though. That's usually what I use.
Jodimarie likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
Yep! I've been getting it too. As weird as it sounds, pickle juice will get rid of it. Drink just a little when you're having heartburn and it'll calm it down. Promise I kept some on hand alll the time with DD.

April 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I had no idea it started right away! LOL ^^^ I should try that pickle juice idea, sounds interesting

Last edited by Jodimarie; April 24th, 2013 at 03:08 PM.
April 24th, 2013, 04:35 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I already have it, too. It was BY FAR MY WORST SYMPTOM LAST TIME. It was so bad that I choked on stomach acid every night for the last 3 months. Pure torture. I dreaded going to bed. They gave me IV pepcid during labor and if I had to pick between that and an epi, I would seriously have to think...

I am going to get Rx antacid this time. I cannot go through that again.

April 24th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Yep! Nearly immediately you start to make a hormone that relaxes smooth muscle. Your uterus is made of smooth muscle, so it helps keep contractions at bay as it stretches. Unfortunately, your intestines, stomach and esophagus are all made of smooth muscle as well. So your esophagus isn't as good at closing and keeping acid where it is.

And I've taken both zantac and prilosec while pregnant.

April 24th, 2013, 07:31 PM
ErinBoshnyak1985's Avatar Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaniscooo View Post
Yep! I've been getting it too. As weird as it sounds, pickle juice will get rid of it. Drink just a little when you're having heartburn and it'll calm it down. Promise I kept some on hand alll the time with DD.
Gross, but helpful! Actually pickles do sound really good right now.....

As for heartburn, yeah, kicked in over the last couple days. I think as far as meds, tums or rolaids only.
Jodimarie likes this.

Happy April Fools Day on me!!! @ 17DPO

Read My Journal! http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...ttle-newt.html
Belly Pics! Updated Weekly!!!http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...elly-pics.html

April 24th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Kaniscooo's Avatar Super Mommy
It's a simple cheap and natural solution. I had it so bad I'd throw up... But pickle juice was a god send. There's a science behind it but I don't remember how it works. Try it!
Jodimarie likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 11:34 PM
BoyerMom's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been getting it recently. Was one of the worst symptoms I had with DS. I remember throwing up it was so bad the last few months. I don't care for pickles, so for now I am sticking with Tums.

And that whole myth about heartburn and babies with a full head of hair was true with my son.
Jodimarie likes this.

April 24th, 2013, 11:51 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had terrible acid reflux last pregnancy, tried pickle juice but it only worked temporarily. I started eating papaya enzymes religiously and that gave me some relief, until the very end, nothing helped once i got really big. Pretty much just had to sleep sitting up.

I'm having my first bout of acid reflux right now.

And my son was very hairy lol! He had hair on the back of his ears for the first few months!
Jodimarie likes this.

April 25th, 2013, 08:49 AM
I cant have heartburn like this until dec! lol I read around a little bit and from that and what a few of you ladies said it seems that prilosec is ok to take while pregnant. I am going to call my dr for sure but I will probably be starting that to see if it can help Neeeeed heartburn relief! lol

April 25th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittanie View Post
Yep! Nearly immediately you start to make a hormone that relaxes smooth muscle. Your uterus is made of smooth muscle, so it helps keep contractions at bay as it stretches. Unfortunately, your intestines, stomach and esophagus are all made of smooth muscle as well. So your esophagus isn't as good at closing and keeping acid where it .
I had no idea that's what caused it! It makes sense to me now. I've had heartburn off and on but that's how my last pregnancy was too.
Jodimarie likes this.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

April 25th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Veteran
Prilosec is on my dr otc list so I assume its safe I've had heartburn since day one. The only thing that works fir me is whole milk.
Jodimarie likes this.
April 25th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Tums is supposed to be avoided in the 1st tri but is safe in 2 and 3. Zantac and pepcid are safe (Cat B). Prilosec is Cat C.

I have heartburn city today.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
April 25th, 2013, 02:35 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriyan View Post
Tums is supposed to be avoided in the 1st tri but is safe in 2 and 3. Zantac and pepcid are safe (Cat B). Prilosec is Cat C.

I have heartburn city today.
Really? My ob last time and midwife this time both recommended tums at my first appointment.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search