ok morning sickness, you can really go away now

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By JaeSung
  • 1 Post By JaeSung
  • 1 Post By full0grace

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
According to various ER nurses I've talked to, it can peak from 8-10 weeks. So hopefully it does go away for you! I have no hope for that, though. 4 previous pregnancies and I never stopped throwing up until I delivered (threw up in the delivery room with all but my youngest, and that was because my nurse walked in and gave me a very well-timed shot of zofran in my IV).

April 24th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope it goes away soon for you!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

April 24th, 2013, 07:52 PM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
You've probably tried everything but Gatorade helped me a ton. I could barely sit up these last couple weeks and I started drinking Gatorade yesterday and I was up all day today with no problem. Plain water just seemed to be making things worse, yet I couldn't stomach anything sugary. Then i think i got dehydrated which makes nausea worse. If you're the same, Gatorade is perfect. GL!
April 24th, 2013, 11:00 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am just now getting over my peak (my m/s starts early, peaks early, ends early. no idea why lol!) But just letting you know that i feel your misery!!

I second drinking a sports drink. I've been having lemon lime powerade.

April 24th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Super Mommy
After a few days of terrible m/s...I googled and googled nuthin worked. I was exhausted so I looked up unisom too see if it would hurt the baby....guess what I find out,when taken with b6, it's a remedy for m/s. I took it that night, slept like a champ, woke up felt great this morning. Asked my midwife and she says oh yeah go ahead and take it! So ask ur ob and see what the say. It's a miracle IMO.

April 25th, 2013, 03:05 AM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
^ My midwife suggested unisom yesterday but I didn't bother getting it since I don't have trouble sleeping (though I'm up at 3 am now...) maybe ill get some if the morning sickness flares back up
April 25th, 2013, 11:50 AM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel 10x better after my peak! So just hold out and hopefully after it passes you will feel better too!

April 25th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Super Mommy
Don't know why or how but it works. Lol. Pls let me know if end up trying it!

April 25th, 2013, 07:41 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
It got really bad with my 2nd. My doc suggested b6 and benadryl at bedtime (which is the same as unisom). The combo is supposed to help. Unfortunately, with that pregnancy, the morning sickness lasted til about 15 weeks. With my first it did not last that long.

April 25th, 2013, 07:47 PM
Super Mommy
Benedryl is Diphenhydramine HCL and is Doxylamine Succinate. The unisom geltabs are the same as benedryl but the tablets are the doxylamine. Both are antihistamines tho. Try the regular ones next time Julie...hope they work for u as they did for me.

April 26th, 2013, 08:55 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope you feel better, soon. I know how awful it is. With my daughter I had it from 6 weeks until the day she was delivered. Talk about torture! I'm starting to get it regularly now and I pray to God it doesn't last the entire time again. With my oldest son I had it bad up until the end of the first trimester, with my youngest son I had nausea that came and went and was pretty mild. That also lasted until the end of the first trimester. Everyone told me it was so bad with my daughter because she was a girl, even my OB! I thought that was kinda funny.

Last edited by kara74; April 26th, 2013 at 09:00 AM.
April 26th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Regular
For those taking B6, what is the recommended dosage? I have taken some the past few days and feel much better (less tired), but want to make sure about the dosage since I don't see my OB until the 8th. The ones I found were 50mg...the smallest dosage I saw. I read that you weren't supposed to take more than 100mg a day...looking for more info.
April 26th, 2013, 07:39 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by full0grace View Post
For those taking B6, what is the recommended dosage? I have taken some the past few days and feel much better (less tired), but want to make sure about the dosage since I don't see my OB until the 8th. The ones I found were 50mg...the smallest dosage I saw. I read that you weren't supposed to take more than 100mg a day...looking for more info.
My midwife recommended 50mg twice a day. I couldn't find any in 50mg so I am taking a time released 100mg dose in the morning at breakfast and it seems to help.

April 27th, 2013, 04:46 AM
Regular
Thanks! I found 50mg at CVS. Have been taking 1 in the morning...may take one at night as well.
HeartHelloKitty likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search