Being a pain in the butt

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2013, 07:25 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I found out today that the practice I'm going to doesn't do an ultrasound until the anatomy scan and my upcoming appointment will probably be too soon to hear a heartbeat on a Doppler. Given my spotting and previous missed miscarriage, it was really stressing me out to think I wouldn't be seeing or hearing a heartbeat until 13 weeks. I really hate to be demanding but it is stressing me out enough that DH noticed and told me I needed to do something about it. (Though he also sent me flowers at work today cause he knew I was upset which was super sweet of him!) I hadn't called the ob/midwife practice because at my confirmation appointment the NP told me just to call if I had bleeding like a period. I called today though and told them about my concerns and they scheduled me for an appointment on Tuesday so hopefully I'll see a nice heartbeat and I can stop worrying.

April 26th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm glad they got you in! I need to call my new practice and see if I'm getting an ultrasound. I haven't had any spotting or anything, but I'm going crazy, so I NEED one.

Here's hoping for a beautiful strong heartbeat for you on Tuesday!

April 26th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Super Mommy
I sure hope you get to see your little one! If it were me, id consider finding a new doctor. I worry far to much to wait that long! Ill keep my fingers crossed and hope you get an ultrasound :-)
April 26th, 2013, 08:00 PM
HeartHelloKitty's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They would've gotten me in today but apparently they were short someone today. They told me to call tonight to see if there were any cancellations for Monday but I'm fine with Tuesday. My regular appointment isn't until May 8th so I'm glad they were willing to see me earlier to check for a heartbeat.

April 27th, 2013, 03:59 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I totally understand the stress and worry that goes along with this early stage. I have had 2 losses that were discovered at ultrasound and I am absolutely terrified. I so badly want one, but I don't want one at all out of fear. I am waiting until 8 weeks so there will be no confusion. By 8 weeks, there will be a heart beat (God willing) and baby should measure appropriately. Since you will be 8 weeks by then, this should be perfect.
I am glad you spoke up and got an appointment. I pray for you to hear a nice strong rhythm!! It will be great I am sure!

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together

Last edited by Papasgirl; April 27th, 2013 at 04:04 AM.
April 27th, 2013, 07:27 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Glad you stood up for yourself! Can't wait for your happy update

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search