First Appointment

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Brittanie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
Hi ladies,

I had my first initial OB appointment on Thursday. They did bloodwork and an ultrasound but the tech didn't really explain it all.. and I watched her type. She was saying I was measuring 3-4 weeks even though according to due date I'm 6 weeks on Sunday 4/28. She typed something about no sac or yolk??? Can anyone explain this to me? I am supposed to go back on May 9th for a follow-up ultrasound and I'll be further along. Is it possible that I really am just super early and not much was showing up? She also mentioned something about a 1.7cm hemorrhage in one of the ovaries.

Can someone explain this to me?

April 27th, 2013, 10:34 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know what to tell you other then the tech probably isn't allowed to diagnose you, the collected data and pictures has to be reviewed and then the results are given.
April 27th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Are you basing your 6 weeks on the first day of your last period? because that can be really off.

Your ovary bleeds a little after ovulation, and if you're looking 3-4 weeks, which is actually only 1-2 weeks after ovulation, then it would make sense that there would still be blood there. It's possible that you just ovulated much later than you thought, and it's just too early to see anything. The only way to know for sure is to wait and check later to see if there's any growth, which is what they're doing.
*~ Joni ~* and CherryLimeade like this.

April 27th, 2013, 10:45 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How long are your cycles? Are they regular?

April 27th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
I was on birth control pill Azurette and with that I was having at least 2 periods a month. It was really, really weird and all out of whack! IF things were right.. My last period was March 17th. But, I'm not 100% sure since there were such odd times of "periods" each month. Blah.

I guess just wait and see what they say from the ultrasound on May 9th?

April 27th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Sometimes they measure the age of the baby in gestational age (so time from conception not last period). When I went in for my last pregnancy, he said yep, looks like a 4 week old pregnancy and I about lost it because I should have been 6 weeks. When I questioned it, he reminded me that a 6 week pregnancy is equal to a 4 week gestational age. So maybe that is what you were reading??
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
April 27th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Quote:
Originally Posted by **jessie** View Post
Sometimes they measure the age of the baby in gestational age (so time from conception not last period). When I went in for my last pregnancy, he said yep, looks like a 4 week old pregnancy and I about lost it because I should have been 6 weeks. When I questioned it, he reminded me that a 6 week pregnancy is equal to a 4 week gestational age. So maybe that is what you were reading??
That's weird, because the gestational age on my ultrasounds has always had the +2 weeks on it.

Down in the bottom right corner it has "GA 10w1d" and I wasn't 12 weeks pregnant at the time, I was 10.

April 27th, 2013, 05:56 PM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
They were about 28-29 days before I started the birth control after having the mirena removed. Once I was on Azurette I would start my period on about the 4th of every month, bleed for.close to a week.tjen a week of spotting and then like another heavier period. It was out of control.

April 28th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
The ultrasound techs unfortunately are not allowed to give any sort of information. I have had a few ultrasounds where I knew something was up and I wasn't getting information. Its very stressful to sit there watching this tech click away and see the screen while you are lying there, staring at their face for any sign of something, only to have them end the session and tell you the results will be read by a supervisor and sent to your midwife. Then you have to wait days to hear! I finally said enough of that with my last one and told the tech right away that at the end of the ultrasound, if things are not looking good, I want a supervisor on hand to read the results to me....and that is exactly what happened. It was not good news in my case, but at least I walked out of there knowing for sure and not sitting at home with knots in my stomach worrying and hoping for good news I would not get. Be an advocate for yourself.
i am sorry your ultrasound was stressful. it is true that these machines are not 100% accurate with dates and everything is subject to the skill of the technician. With that being said, 2 weeks is a big gap, so is it possible you ovulated late? I hope it all works out for you...I am hoping for good news!

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
April 28th, 2013, 04:19 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
The ultrasound techs unfortunately are not allowed to give any sort of information. I have had a few ultrasounds where I knew something was up and I wasn't getting information. Its very stressful to sit there watching this tech click away and see the screen while you are lying there, staring at their face for any sign of something, only to have them end the session and tell you the results will be read by a supervisor and sent to your midwife. Then you have to wait days to hear! I finally said enough of that with my last one and told the tech right away that at the end of the ultrasound, if things are not looking good, I want a supervisor on hand to read the results to me....and that is exactly what happened. It was not good news in my case, but at least I walked out of there knowing for sure and not sitting at home with knots in my stomach worrying and hoping for good news I would not get. Be an advocate for yourself.
i am sorry your ultrasound was stressful. it is true that these machines are not 100% accurate with dates and everything is subject to the skill of the technician. With that being said, 2 weeks is a big gap, so is it possible you ovulated late? I hope it all works out for you...I am hoping for good news!

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search