When will you....

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Regular
Start shopping for baby stuff? I always say I won't buy anything until I find out the gender but I can't help myself! And even though it's early, I like to be prepared so I bought one pack of newborn diapers and one pack of size 1 and some wipes. We have almost everything else for a baby (crib, pack n play, stroller, jumper, toys, etc). I think the only thing expensive I'll be buying is a sleep n play for next to the bed for his/her first months. And if it's a boy we have plenty of clothes but if it's a girl I am going to go CRAZY buying girlie clothes/toys
April 27th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Veteran
We are waiting to find out the gender.

April 27th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
well, I have residual trauma from having to return several packages of diapers after my first was stillborn, so I never buy those until the day before I'm induced (if my kids weren't all allergic to Pampers, I wouldn't buy any at all, since the hospital provides pampers while we're there). As far as other stuff, we have all the big items. We'll have to buy another set of bunk beds before Rolo comes though, since Allison is still in the crib. We'll buy those...whenever. We're not sure yet.

As far as clothing, that will wait until I find out the gender, so I will probably make it until then. If it's another girl, well, I've given all the girl clothing to a friend whose daughter is 6 months younger than Allison, as Allison has grown out of them, so I'll have to guy a whole new wardrobe. If it's a boy, I still have all of Patrick's stuff, so I'll only need to buy a coming home outfit and things as they strike my fancy.

April 27th, 2013, 05:09 PM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm still buying baby stuff for my 5m old, lol. I won't need anything but some disposables, car seat adapter @ 2nd seat for our stroller & clothes if its a girl. I literally started buying baby stuff in July of last year. So none of my stuff is dated.

April 27th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Kivett12's Avatar Veteran
We have all the boy stuff we will need, and then some! Besides my DS, he has 5 other boy cousins whom I have already received all of their hand me downs. Already have the crib, bassinet, pack n play, and toys. We will definitely have to start transitioning DS out of the crib onto a toddler bed though. That will be a work in progress for the next few months. If we were to have a girl, which everyone in my family is wishing for, we will have to buy a whole new wardrobe and probably the accessories, car seat, stroller, etc.

1st Beta 5/29 = 65
2nd Beta 6/2 = 937
3rd Beta 6/9 = 14,211
1st U/S 6/18 = HB 124 (YAY)
April 27th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
ummm before I even got pregnant I started a stash of cloth diapers and I bought a crib....no I have bought some clothes and receiving blankets that are gender neutral but we won't go crazy buying clothing and all the other stuff till we know gender. We sold everything after Greyson so we need it all...the good thing is I know exactly what I want and it is not much this go around

April 27th, 2013, 06:01 PM
Meggie26's Avatar Megan
Send a message via MSN to Meggie26
I'll wait until we find out the gender. The first purchase will more than likely be cloth diapers to add to the current stash.

April 27th, 2013, 06:09 PM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Not until we find out the gender and if it is a boy, we will not need much at all.

April 27th, 2013, 07:28 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
I'll start buying stuff when i hit 12 weeks i think still pretty nervous! I dont want to jinx myself lol crazy I know

April 27th, 2013, 08:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We still have a lot of things from when my son was a baby. I probably won't start buying anything new until after the first trimester.

April 27th, 2013, 08:05 PM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
I don't really need anything. I might pick up some new outfits when I know the gender, but that's probably it.

April 27th, 2013, 10:17 PM
beautiful.mess's Avatar PhotograMommy
Send a message via AIM to beautiful.mess
I have a crib and pac n play, but I won't buy anything until I know what we're having. I like to coordinate everything so I'll need to know. lol

Married Chris on 4.7.2006
Mommy to Madison Mae 4.26.08 <3
and Sydney Paige 4.28.10
Poppyseed due 12.10.13
]
-Mark 10:6-9
April 28th, 2013, 03:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We actually don't need anything except diapers and I will start stocking up on those later on. Well, I suppose we would need a girl wardrobe if we have a girl (fingers crossed!), but for a boy we are all set.
7 lbs 6 oz, 21 inches
April 28th, 2013, 03:46 AM
Papasgirl's Avatar Down Syndrome Pregnancy
I used to go out and start getting stuff right away. I love buying baby things. But, with four losses, I have learned to contain myself. It is no fun returning stuff. So I will wait for a gorgeous heartbeat and then the 12 week milestone, and even then, it will be limited. I still have all the big stuff like the bassinet, pack n play etc. I will just need clothes and the staples like diapers and wipes.

Baby Girl Anastasia is my Rainbow!! Diagnosed with T21...
We will journey together
April 28th, 2013, 04:30 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I havent yet and will probably wait. If it's a boy, then we are more then set other then some supplementing because they will be born in different seasons (Winter this time vs Spring). If it's a girl then I'll need girl clothes. All my big stuff is gender neutral. I planned ahead when buying stuff for my first ha ha
April 28th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Veteran
If I have a boy I am set on most things since DS is 2. I won't get anything until I find out, though.

I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart.)
April 28th, 2013, 06:32 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have all the big stuff and lots of gender neutral newborn clothes so I probably won't buy anything but diapers and maybe a few new pjs closer to the birth.

April 28th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
After we find out the gender. If it's a girl we won't need much but if it's a boy we'll need a bunch of stuff!

April 28th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Veteran
I have gotten a few big items off Kijiji since I wasn't supposed to have anymore children I sold all of my baby stuff from my dds... I got brand new never used pack and play and car seat

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search