OT: need a lil rant

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 04:43 AM
Morning ladies,

well as the title says i need a lil rant.....

So i have just got off the phone with my DH (hes at work) and he says to me "oh i have just been speaking to my mum and she says that u shouldnt be as tired as you are, are u sure your tiredness isnt all in your head"

i swear to god if he was standing in front of me i would have punched him in the face.

i have tried and tired to explain to him that i hope it will not last that much longer as when u hit 12 weeks the fatigue and m/s wear off but it just doesnt seem to be sinking in....
so frustrated i could just sit here and cry.

ok rant over thanks for letting me get it off my chest.

May 3rd, 2013, 04:47 AM
Super Mommy
OMG.. he really say that?? WOW... yea I probably would have smack him also... lol.. but seriously... his mother should not be saying those things as everyone body is different....

I think he needs to read up on pregnancy... sorry you had to go thru that... but make him understand what you are going thru...

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
May 3rd, 2013, 05:39 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I get e-mails about pregnancy all the time and everyone mentions the tiredness and why its like that. We aren't just making a baby, we are making a placenta too... and getting used to new hormones etc
May 3rd, 2013, 06:03 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
That's when I say "and did YOU grow a baby today?"

They usually shut up after that
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
May 3rd, 2013, 06:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
They really should make it mandatory for men to move out while women are pregnant
ChicaChels and Mama_2boys like this.
May 3rd, 2013, 07:08 AM
Nicole1481's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you should punch him when he get home
*Leah* and Miss-Melissa-Sue like this.

May 3rd, 2013, 07:15 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I probably wouldn't have gotten so mad if DH said that all by himself but when you involve the MIL, that's just crazy! It would take everything I had not to punch her
Not really but dang!!!!
*Leah* and Miss-Melissa-Sue like this.

May 3rd, 2013, 08:06 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
First of all, MIL needs to stay out of it and your dh needs to put his big boy pants on and quit complaining to his mom. My guess is that she's the kind of person that remembers everything as being perfect when she went through it, even though she probably whined about it a ton at the time. You'll know when she starts telling you how easy childbirth and the newborn phase are.

Secondly, the amazing amount of work your body is doing right now is justification for you being so tired. Your body is increasing it's blood volume to support you and baby, The baby's cells are replicating at an alarming rate (which takes energy) to form both the baby and the placenta, AND you're getting rid of waste for you and baby. Not to mention the increase in hormones that affect everyone differently. It's no wonder you're tired. Try to ignore it and go about your business. You might want to see if you can get your husband to read a man's guide to pregnancy, because if he thinks that only the first 12 weeks have things that are unpleasant about them, it's going to be a long ride for him.
xagamama, *Leah*, HorseGal and 1 others like this.

May 3rd, 2013, 08:41 AM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I would have told him his mother was making him look like a jerk. Has he ever grown a human? I just had my doctor write me a note to change my hours because I am sooo tired I take a nap everyday and still fall asleep working.

May 3rd, 2013, 09:45 AM
Ah! I've been so tired too! I knew that I would feel a bit fatigued but I never knew it would be this bad! Sorry DH isn't being more understanding Growing a human sure is a lot of work!
May 3rd, 2013, 10:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't believe he said that! DH has a book for expectant fathers plus he's reading my What to Expect. Maybe that would help him understand that pregnancy isn't just lollipops and rainbows and its hard work! I hope things get better,

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

May 3rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Whoa my dh would be in big trouble with me! Of course you are tired you are making a baby. The first trimester is very tiring. This is my 3rd pregnancy and by far the most fatigued I have ever felt. Everybody and pregnancy is different. While MIL can't remember being tired,doesn't mean she wasn't. Maybe she was just lucky.(((hugs)))
May 3rd, 2013, 11:04 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
You should tell him that he should immediately stop speaking to his mom about that stuff. Everyone is different. What a jerk.

I know I felt soooo tired during my first pregnancy. I could fall asleep on the drop of a dime. Now, with my subsequent ones, while I'm exhausted and tired, I just don't have that option as I have an almost 4-year-old and a 2.5-year-old to tend to. Sleeping on the job (I stay at home) is not an option. How I wish I could give into the sleepiness though...what I wouldn't do for a nice nap...

May 3rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
LOL Try getting him to talk to his dad if he is around!! My SO has been and I think he is getting more accurate info

Hang in there! Hopefully the exhaustion will pass soon! Make sure you are doing everything you can to help with your energy levels, perhaps talk to the Dr about extra vitamins as well!!
Good Luck!!!

Thank you to Peimum for my AMAZING siggy!

May 3rd, 2013, 01:38 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
Oh boy! We might need to raise some bail money for her.

MIL sounds like a trouble maker.
kara74 likes this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
May 3rd, 2013, 02:14 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, sounds like MIL doesn't know what she's talking about.. Just make it clear to your hubs that everyone's symptoms are different.

But I know how you feel lol. Something about being pregnant just ignites a fire inside of me towards my MIL. Everything she says or does irritates me! Any other time, i get along just fine with her.

May 3rd, 2013, 02:19 PM
Sheila
Oh boy! You might want to let him know that for these 9 months more than any other time he really needs to watch what he says!!
Hopefully he gets a little wiser if he survives this first misstep!
baby #5 05/16/13

Make a pregnancy ticker
May 4th, 2013, 07:07 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think I'd be more irritated with the MIL, she should know better. She sounds like a pot stirrer.

May 7th, 2013, 01:33 AM
thank you ladies

i proper let him have at when he came in from work and i saw the MIL over the weekend and she didnt say a word to me (which i was perfectly happy with) but she is one of those ppl that like to stick their oar in when ever possible so i just said to DH that i cant help how i feel and my body is working overtime atm and if he doesnt like it then he can go live with his mother.
he seems to have got better over the weekend tho so there might be hope yet
feythful likes this.

May 7th, 2013, 01:33 AM
thank you ladies

i proper let him have at when he came in from work and i saw the MIL over the weekend and she didnt say a word to me (which i was perfectly happy with) but she is one of those ppl that like to stick their oar in when ever possible so i just said to DH that i cant help how i feel and my body is working overtime atm and if he doesnt like it then he can go live with his mother.
he seems to have got better over the weekend tho so there might be hope yet

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search