Anyone else -losing- weight?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By blakesgirl09
  • 1 Post By feythful

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 3rd, 2013, 10:30 AM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm losing like 1-2 lbs a week here. I had an extra 10 lbs from my DS pregnancy, so half of me is like yay! But the other half is a little concerned for my unborn baby. I'm still breastfeeding my 10mo, so I'm sure that's part of the cause.

But really, i'm a small girl. I'm only 140 lbs now, so given that, is it safe to be losing weight so fast?

May 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Mega Super Mommy
its pretty common to lose weight in the first tri. I wouldn't worry too much it catches up at the end,lol. With my dd I lost close to 40 pounds,I was overweight then though.. It caught back on laterI am a little more concerned this time for me because after dd I lost ton of weight after dd and really don't have much to lose. I am like 117 right now, so with the HG, I have been trying super hard not to lose. Hard when food is so repulsing,lol
May 3rd, 2013, 11:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, I definitely haven't gained anything. I've been a little concerned about it as well, but historically I don't gain much in the first trimester with all the m/s. From KellyMom:

http://kellymom.com/pregnancy/bf-preg/04momweightloss/

May 3rd, 2013, 12:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1-2lbs/week loss is a reason for concern. Are you eating enough?

I've lost 13lbs so far but I have HG and I'm not small to begin with. I lost 10lbs with my first, but gained it all back in 3rd tri.
May 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
I'm eating enough, I think. I haven't thrown up at all from m/s. i am eating lighter, more bland foods, just cause i can't handle anything too rich. But i feel fine and healthy. I guess I'll just have to wait and ask my ob. I gained 60 lbs with my son, so I'm not worried in the least about gaining enough in the end lol! I just want to make sure baby is getting everything he/she needs atm.

May 3rd, 2013, 12:32 PM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well you can have some of mine!! I have already gained about 10 lbs I did the same thing with my daughter, I guess that's just the way my body is built but that doesn't make me feel any better.
CherryLimeade likes this.

May 3rd, 2013, 01:00 PM
LadybugBanana's Avatar Veteran
I had been gaining because of a medicine that they put me on before I got PG. So, I have lost about 6 lbs in the last couple of weeks, we dont know if it is because I am nausea or if it is because of the meds... Dr. wants to see me every 2 weeks as long as I am not gaining to keep up with me.
May 3rd, 2013, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesgirl09 View Post
Well you can have some of mine!! I have already gained about 10 lbs I did the same thing with my daughter, I guess that's just the way my body is built but that doesn't make me feel any better.
I think i gained 10-15 lbs in the 1st trimester with my son! Guess it's just the breastfeeding making me lose weight.

May 3rd, 2013, 02:06 PM
Regular
I haven't gained anything yet...I keep gaining 2-3 pounds of water weight every day and losing it overnight. I'm small and started at about 117lb and that's what I weighed this morning still.

However, the tech called the baby "chubby" during the last ultrasound! Guess its getting what it needs :-)
May 3rd, 2013, 07:14 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryLimeade View Post
I gained 60 lbs with my son, so I'm not worried in the least about gaining enough in the end lol! I just want to make sure baby is getting everything he/she needs atm.
My midwife and doctor both told me that I shouldn't worry about weight loss and whether or not the baby was getting enough nutrients because my body would prioritize nutrients to the baby, unless it was really deprived. They said if the weight loss coincided with brittle nails, losing large amounts of hair or if my bowel movements were suddenly spaced out by more than a few days with no other known cause (like zofran-induced constipation), then I should talk to them again. If you're worried about it you could call and talk to a nurse.
CherryLimeade likes this.

May 3rd, 2013, 07:26 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Every one of my pregnancies I walked out of the hospital out or below my prepregnancy weight, my kids are all healthy.

This pregnancy I lost some, and then started taking zofran every day and gained it back from being constipated. :/

May 4th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feythful View Post
My midwife and doctor both told me that I shouldn't worry about weight loss and whether or not the baby was getting enough nutrients because my body would prioritize nutrients to the baby, unless it was really deprived. They said if the weight loss coincided with brittle nails, losing large amounts of hair or if my bowel movements were suddenly spaced out by more than a few days with no other known cause (like zofran-induced constipation), then I should talk to them again. If you're worried about it you could call and talk to a nurse.
I kind of have the opposite problem. I have diarrhea like once or occasionally twice a week like pretty much since I O'd.... Ugh sorry tmi! But I'm a little constipated too. It goes back and forth. I have no idea!

May 4th, 2013, 08:55 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lost 5 lbs my first tri with my son. I'm gaining this time. boo
May 4th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Not 1-2 lbs week but I have lost 3 pounds in the last couple weeks. I didn't gain any weight with Zach (preterm labor 23 weeks) and he was born normal for that gestation and with Greyson I gained 19lbs and he was normal. Now having said that I have about 30lbs I could stand to loose anyway! I am not trying to lose just not eating as much because food doesn't sound good except for dessert which I haven't been giving into much.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search