New here and having some trouble with SCH anyone care to listen? (Pretty long story)

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 4th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Hello,
My name is Meggan, I am 23 years old this coming up fall will be my fifth year of marriage and fifth year of trying to conceive. I have never posted on these sites just read. But really love some of the feedback and would love to have some on my situation. I went through two and half years of fertitlity treatments and was at the point of artificial insemanation. Two years ago on my birthday I was to go check to make sure there was an egg ready for trying, well there wasnt so i decided that we would just stop for awhile. Well my birthday was in June and in Oct. i went for a regular pap smear and my regular obgyn felt something not right on my right ovary just from a vaginal exam. Well we did an MRI and turned out it was a dermoid teratoma and they had to remove my right ovary. Going into the surgery i had to sign papers that I might have to have both ovaries removed and there was a chance of me never having children. Well coming out of surgery he only had to take the right ovary and my left was left there. Well this past August my husband and I took a trip to Alaska well lo and behold when we came back I was pregnant. I carried the baby till midway through five weeks went to the bathroom wiped a couple of times and there was some brown. Drove home from work which is a thirty minute drive and i had soaked all the way through my pants to the car seat with blood. Went to the doc at the er and he said everything looked good but sounded like I was having a miscarriage to follow up with my doc the following monday which I did and I had. So my due date was this past April 17th. The week before something were up and I thought I might be pregnant so I took a test and it was negative. My cycle days are really long like 35 to 40 days . Well something told me to try again on my due date well i did and im pregnant again. Im currently six weeks and four days. When i went for my first ultrasound there was nothing on the ultrasound my hcg level was 184 and my ultrasound was just showing a thick endometrium which is normal for early pregnancy went back a week and a half later and had another ultrasound this past MOnday and i measured 5 weeks and six days, and there was already a heartbeat!! we didnt make it that far with the last one...The whole way through I have been just saying whatever God's will to let it be. Well this week I started to spot. Well it went on every day just a little once or twice a day no major cramping other than the normal achiness., Well today I came home from work and had to pee i wiped and there was dark brown with red. So i went to the Er. Well they did an ultrasound and the baby's heartbeat was up to 117 and measuring in at 6 weeks and four days which is right on target. When the ultrasound tech pulled the knob out there was very little brown blood on it. When i went to give them a urine sample i had a couple of drops of red blood as well as a coulple of drops of red blood on a pad. Have used the bathroom several time s afterwards and once there was a red tinge when i wiped but not just some brown old blood. THe last three or four wipes there has been nothing. Im also cramping some like a mild to moderate peroid. Doc says that i have a subchronnric hemmorage and that is what is causing the spotting. He said it was very small and should correct itself... I hope and pray no one else is going through this but if so would love to get some feedback..
May 4th, 2013, 07:37 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Have your doctors tested your progesterone levels to make sure they're all right? They automatically did that the first pregnancy after my miscarriage.

From what I know about SCH (having never experienced one) is that the smaller they are, the better the prognosis. It's also one of the major reasons misdiagnosed miscarriages early in pregnancy. I also know that several of the girls in both DDCs I've been in have carried healthy pregnancies to full term after a SCH was diagnosed in the first trimester.

I'm sorry you're so concerned. Try to remain calm, take it easy, stay off your feet and make sure you stay hydrated. Also, STAY AWAY FROM Dr. GOOGLE; he is not your friend during times of uncertainty.

May 5th, 2013, 06:55 AM
*Leah*'s Avatar TTC the newfashioned way
I know sch is scary, but I've had several friends have them ( one currently has one w twins) and all is/was well w all of them. Hang in there and congrats!! We are due super close!
TTC#1 since 10/2006, 5 failed IUI's, 1st IVF successful BFP!! Baby Girl 2/2011
TTC#2 BFP 9/2011, Natural Pregnancy! 3/30/12 M/C'd on 5/15/12 (9 weeks)
IVF#2 BFP 4/2013 M/C 6/2/13 (8 weeks)
FET #1 BFP 8/2013 - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #3 - Retrieval Oct 31st, Txferred 2 on 5d - a Blast and Morula - Chemical Pregnancy
IVF #4 - ER scheduled for 4/4/14 retrieved 4 eggs. Txferred 3 embryos 4/7/14!....BFN...NOW WHAT?
Check out my NEWBORN Hats and Baby Items
@ http://www.facebook.com/ThePaisleyPerle

May 5th, 2013, 09:20 AM
thanks ladies, no i havent had my progerstrone checked i will ask and see if they will draw one.. that is awesome that are due dates are close.. im so excited to be expecting it is one great feeling...im feeling a lot better this morning just mild cramping as usual...and just some light spotting... feeling much better about the situation this morning than i did yesterday..thanks for your comments and concerns!!
May 5th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Add me to the list of people who knows a lot of people to carry to term and have healthy babies with an sch in the first trimester. I've never had one myself, but with my toddler I had a lot of bleeding in the first trimester because of an overly sensitive cervix (like, regular period flow type bleeding for a couple days).

My progesterone was a little low with that last one, so I did get put on a supplement for that.

Hoping for the best for you!

May 5th, 2013, 10:32 AM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
I have never experienced SCH, but I would say as long as your Dr isn't too worried about it, I would try to relax (easier said than done, I know! lol) . I too have been spotting brown and orange-y colors if it helps! I think there are actually a few women here that have been!

Thank you to Peimum for my AMAZING siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search