confused about my u/s from today...

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Brittanie

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 5th, 2013, 06:26 PM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to megs_babe1986
So I am confused... I just got home from the hospital bc of spotting. The baby isfine andit was other things. Any ways I have a tipped uterus so it can be hard to see things. My uterus is measuring over a week ahead and the baby is measuring exactly at 7 weeks. We saw the baby arms, legs, and umbellican cord... sry misspelled.has this ever happened to anyone? What is your opinion?

May 5th, 2013, 07:39 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I'm confused what the problem is? Your ticker says 7 weeks, so you're measuring right on...

Or is it the uterus measurement you're worried about? They say generally the uterus measures a centimeter above the pelvis for every week of pregnancy, but like ANY measurements, it's not anything solid. My mother always measured several weeks ahead with all of us. To the point that with her first 3 pregnancies they thought that she was pregnant with twins, until they could only ever find one heartbeat.

I think with my youngest brother, just before her due date my mother measured 47cm. And a pregnancy is 40 weeks. And Zac was born on his due date.

So I wouldn't worry too much about that.
mommamindy likes this.

May 5th, 2013, 07:40 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
So, what's the confusion (sorry if I don't understand). It is normal for the uterus to measure slightly ahead at times, and then on target at other times. Your body is just gearing up for growth at it's own rate. Are you measuring (baby) right on target (meaning, should you be 7 weeks along?) If so, there's nothing to worry about The spotting could be from a SCH (subchronic hematoma), from a sensitive cervix after DTD, from an infection, or from some strange, unknown cause. As long as you are keeping an eye on it and aren't cramping, that's a positive sign.

FX that you don't have any more scares!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 5th, 2013, 09:50 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
The positioning of the uterus will make the measurement vary some. I wouldn't worry about the discrepancy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search