Constipation!

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 04:29 AM
Is anyone out there extremely constipated? Today makes seven days without a bowel movement... I'm taking Zofran daily and I know that its notorious for making constipation worse, but I need it to keep food down. I've tried drinking more water, taking Colace, and eating prunes and nothing is working. I have horrible stomach cramping and I really attribute some of the morning sickness to being so “full”... Any words of advice? Any real testimonies to things that have worked for you?
May 7th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Milk of magnesia will give you relief if you can be near a toilet for a few hours. It is safe for pregnancy. It will move everything out, but the more backed up you are the longer you will need. Drink lots of water!

Warm water enemas also work to get things moving.

I used to take colace with every zofran but it gives me cramps.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
May 7th, 2013, 06:44 AM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to suggest milk of magnesia too. And coffee. I have heard miralax may be ok too. 7 days is a LONG time and I am so sorry. I just had three days myself and that was plenty!
May 7th, 2013, 06:46 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The longest I've gone is 4 days and I finally started eating REALLY juicy pickles and that seemed to do the trick! I'm sorry you're hurting

May 7th, 2013, 07:28 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakesgirl09 View Post
The longest I've gone is 4 days and I finally started eating REALLY juicy pickles and that seemed to do the trick! I'm sorry you're hurting

thanks.. you make me want hot pickles now to eat...

Nala Anjali
Born Dec 9th
8 pounds 10 oz
May 7th, 2013, 09:00 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
If you can start your morning with some coffee, or even some warm tea, it should help. I'm so sorry. That sounds miserable.

May 7th, 2013, 09:21 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
In the morning an an empty stomach eat something high fiber and drink a warm cup of coffee or tea. Mine was getting so bad I bought fiber one bars and I eat them with a bowl of high fiber oatmeal. I'm going everyday now
May 7th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
Wow, 7 days is a long time. It might be worth calling a doctor over even. I've never gone that long. I take some colace every time I take zofran, plus lots of oatmeal as well.

Good luck!

May 7th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I got some magnesium spray oil to help with m/s. I heard the oil is better because magnesium doesn't assimilate in our digestive system well (?) Anyway, it's really supposed to help with constipation and I have gone more since using it. Might want to check with your dr first though ..
May 7th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Thanks girls! I've never taken milk of magnesia before but I went and picked some up. The pharmacist at Walgreen’s said that it's not safe to take more than one teaspoon per day while pregnant, which isn't even the recommended dose for a six year old. I'm not sure that small amount will do anything... will it? Someone on my Facebook page also mentioned using coconut oil so I melted 1/3 of a tablespoon into some water and drank it. So far, nothing. Seven days is a long time without going... And I really don't want to end up seeing someone over it. How embarrassing!
May 7th, 2013, 11:51 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani0821Walton View Post
Thanks girls! I've never taken milk of magnesia before but I went and picked some up. The pharmacist at Walgreen’s said that it's not safe to take more than one teaspoon per day while pregnant, which isn't even the recommended dose for a six year old. I'm not sure that small amount will do anything... will it? Someone on my Facebook page also mentioned using coconut oil so I melted 1/3 of a tablespoon into some water and drank it. So far, nothing. Seven days is a long time without going... And I really don't want to end up seeing someone over it. How embarrassing!
I wouldn't hold off to much longer from seeing your dr though. A gal in my first DDC got so constipated she started puking it up

Try liquid aloe. It works pretty well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search