OT: Honeymoon/Vacation help needed!

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 08:39 AM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
Hello!
My SO and I had a date in Sept scheduled for our wedding... With everything changing with the baby and me being laid off, we will be having a small ceremony the end of this month so we can go ahead and get insurance together and prepare for all the changes this year.
We will be going on a short road trip for our honeymoon (his parents have already offered to pay hotel, and watching the babies next summer so we can "do it right" and go all out!!). We need help
Is anyone from or has visited any of the following:
Nashville, TN
Memphis, TN
Indianapolis, IN
Chicago, IL
St. Louis, MO
Cincinnati, OH

I am looking for attractions and things to do in these cities to help determine where we will be going! I have done some online research, but could use any input yall have! We want to stear clear of obvious party places/bars, as I can't drink and really don't want to watch SO get hammered while I have to stay the sober one LOL

Thanks ladies!!

Thank you to Peimum for my AMAZING siggy!

May 7th, 2013, 08:54 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been to Nashville and Chicago but they were business trips so I didn't really get to see much. We did get to tour the Grand Ole Opry and it was AMAZING!!!

I don't have much input but really just wanted to say Congratulations!!!!!

May 7th, 2013, 09:39 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Cincinnati is really close to where I was born and my grandmother lives about 20 minutes away, so I've spent a lot of time there. That being said, there's not a ton to do there. There's a zoo and an aquarium, like most major cities. There are a few museums and if you're interested in history (I'm a big history nerd), the underground railroad museum is pretty awesome. Other than that, there's a bg roller coaster theme park about 30-45 minutes away, but being pregnant that's not much of an incentive to go and watch someone else ride them all. There's a newly-revamped entertainment and night scene at Newport, but that's what you're looking for either.

Nashville is a great choice. There's shopping, several historic plantations, The Grand Ole Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame if you enjoy country music. There's also Andrew Jackson's old house and a zoo. The Riverfront park area is fantastic for walking and shopping. There's horse-drawn carriage rides also. If you want more "tourist-y" stuff, you could make the short trip to Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge where Dolly-wood is located.

I'm assuming you picked places that are a comfortable drive from where you live. Otherwise, I'd suggest Savannah Georgia as an option, but it's about 7 and a half hours Southeast of Nashville.

May 7th, 2013, 10:11 AM
mommy-of-one's Avatar Veteran
Thank you!
We were thinking about gatlinburg, his dad has a lot of points so he was going to use those and pay the difference for the 3 nights... Something about the "class" of hotel is giving him trouble using his points towards it

I really think were going to go South to TN, just not exactly sure which city yet lol.
We are into history and environmental things, so trying to find some things that don't cost a lot...

Thank you to Peimum for my AMAZING siggy!

May 7th, 2013, 10:29 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nashville and Chicago are good choices. I've been to Memphis and didn't care much for it. There is a lot to do in Nashville as well as Chicago but if I had to choose one, I'd say, Nashville.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search