Blood pressure

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 7th, 2013, 01:37 PM
monkeymama2's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Anyone else have slightly high bp? I always had good/low bp....until I got pregnant the first time. Then it got a little higher, like 125/80. I never had pre-eclampsia or anything close, and I think it went back down after birth. So here I am again. At my first appt the automatic reader said 140/82. I don't believe it--that machine has always been crap and at my last appt with my last baby, my OB did it himself the old fashioned way and it was much lower. He has never brought it up to me. However....high bp DOES run in my family. My parents both take meds as does my older brother. I'm 36, but in decent shape and exercise regularly. I'm just wondering if it does creep higher--what can be done? Would I have symptoms? Would I take medication? How high would it get to be a concern? I definitely plan to bring it up at my next visit but wondered if anyone had personal experience.
May 7th, 2013, 01:48 PM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
Mine was 132/74 today which is where it usually is at the end of my pregnancies

May 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM
LadybugBanana's Avatar Veteran
Mine was way high for my first and second U/S and first appt, 140/85ish. My BP is normally 95/65 to 105/70. My dr blames it on anxiety because it is back to normal for me now...
May 7th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I definitely think mine is anxiety related too. Considering getting a home unit and testing in the morning.
May 7th, 2013, 02:07 PM
DavidandJaidonsmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have always had pregnancy induced hypertension. My previous pregnancy ended in a miscarriage and my blood pressure has stayed elevated since. Today was the first time ina very long time that I have had normal blood pressure.

As far as what will happen...if it gets too high they will put you on medicine and you will have to watch your sodium intake. They will also monitor you to ensure you don't develop pre-eclampsia. I was induced at 38 weeks with both of my boys due to my bp, but the boys never had any issues during the pregnancy or delivery dut to my bp.

Bree - Mom to David - 10 & Jaidon - 8
Baby#3:
Beta 4/25 @ 16dpo 622 4/29 @ 20dpo 2013
10wk hb 172

May 7th, 2013, 02:28 PM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
hum? My RE hasn't even taken my blood pressure. So weird...I go back in two weeks and will be asking for that to be taken.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
May 7th, 2013, 03:12 PM
aln030482's Avatar <3 Proud Mommy <3
I never had high bp until I had pre-eclampsia.... & then it was above 140/90's & I had protein in my urine.

Usually when they notice your bp go up on 2 or more occassions, they will rule out pre-eclampsia, which is usually a 24 hr. urine test & blood work to assess your liver function levels. If that turns positive, above 300, you are monitored closely to make sure it doesn't turn into full blown ecclampsia. Most momma's, including myself, have successfully made it 2-3 weeks longer once a pre-eclampsia diagnosis has been made.

Pregnancy induced hypertension is usually diagnosed after 20 weeks without protein being found in the urine. Usually medication isn't recommended unless it's absolutely needed, but you will be monitored more closely.... including being told to up your fluid intake, rest more frequently, & limit your salt intake.

** I forgot to mention, as far as my experience with pre-eclampsia -- I honestly had no symptoms. Mine was found at a routine OB appt. From diagnosis to delivery was 2 1/2 weeks. I started with protein in my urine at 300 & two days before my delivery was > than 12,000. Respectively, BP started at 140/90's & was well over 200/140's right before my c-section.

DH - 35, Me - 31
DD - Kira Rae - 3.29.00 - induced @ 41w 3d
DD - Kaila Rose - 9.8.01 - stalled labor, c-section @ 39w6d
DD - Kelly Rebecca - 1.14.03 - induced, VBAC @ 41w5d
DS - Kobe Rian - 8.12.04 (lost twin at 13w) - IUGR - stopped developing @ 34w, emergency c-section @ 37w
DD - Kurstin Rubi - 1.9.07 - unexplained pre-labor starting at 26 weeks, spontaneous labor @ 37w & repeat c-section
DD - Kyleen Ryli - 5.16.08 (lost twin at 8w3d) - preeclampsia - emergency c-section @ 34w6d
DS - Kory Reed - 3.1.10 - gestational diabetes - repeat c-section @ 39w2d
EDD 12.2.13 - Kole Reese - TEAM BLUE!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker

Last edited by aln030482; May 7th, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
May 7th, 2013, 03:19 PM
n8tsmomma's Avatar Super Mommy
Mine has already started to go up when in office but I a pretty sure it is anxiety at home it is normal. The doctor wanted to put me on meds but I refused. I was prescribed them and refused in my last pregnancy as well. I watch it really close at home and take my blood pressure 2-3 times a day.

May 7th, 2013, 04:45 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I tend to think this would be caused by "white coat syndrome" first appts are always somewhat stressful because we dont feel the baby, it might be too early to pick up a doppler, etc...so we're just a basket of nerves waiting to make sure all is well.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 7th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Thank you ladies for all your helpful info! I guess it was never high enough to warrant being tested and I think they test my urine at every appt. I guess I'll try not to worry unless the dr brings it up. Though I definitely could/should up fluids and reduce salt (I am a chip fiend). I probably will monitor on my own time to time just to check in.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search