17-P injections

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone have any experience with getting 17-p injections? My midwife suggested I look into starting them and I have made an appointment to talk with the high risk OB at the women's center I see the midwife at on the 31st. With Greyson my OB opted out of me doing them but I was watched like a hawk and he did other testing etc.

I am not sure where I stand on them....I have done some research and don't find any harm to the baby which would be my biggest concern. Another thing I have to find out if my insurance would cover them as I have heard they are pricey out of pocket.

Anyone have any experience? Knowledge?

May 11th, 2013, 06:30 AM
LadybugBanana's Avatar Veteran
I am taking Lovenox injections daily for a clotting disorder. I do not know what 17-P is though, I'm sorry!
May 11th, 2013, 07:31 AM
mgail's Avatar servantoftheKing
I've been taking injections for 10 weeks now! I test my levels next Wednesday and if their good my hiney finally gets a rest. I'd say if it's needed to sustain the pregnancy then the benefits definately outweigh the risk.
May 11th, 2013, 07:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgail View Post
I've been taking injections for 10 weeks now! I test my levels next Wednesday and if their good my hiney finally gets a rest. I'd say if it's needed to sustain the pregnancy then the benefits definately outweigh the risk.
Since they are not sure why I went into labor at 23 weeks with the first one they are doing it more as a preventive measure because I have a higher risk it will happen again.

May 11th, 2013, 09:37 AM
mgail's Avatar servantoftheKing
Definately worth trying the injections then, the longer you can keep that little one in there the better!
May 11th, 2013, 10:06 AM
Leogirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I took them during my first pregnancy after I stared having pre-term labor. I was on them from around18 weeks until she was born at 36 weeks. I'm going to go ahead and let you know that they suck. I was constantly bruised and they hurt to get because they are prepared in oil. However if you have a compounding pharmacy they can try different oils.

May 11th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
My midwife had mentioned it to me -- but since I am allergic to my own progesterone and the stuff i had been injecting for 6 weeks, nope. We are not doing it. I went into PTL with my son at 32 weeks. Not only am I allergic, but its all out of pocket, and we are beyond broke. 6k for FET is not cheap and our savings is gone.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
May 18th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Just lurking here. I may be joining you ladies after I see the Dr next week. With my last pregnancy, I took them twice weekly throughout my pregnancy. My Dr was covince it was a natural method without the side effect to me or baby. I don't know if that is what kept her in until 39 weeks or not. I have a history of ptl and mc so it was worth a shot. They are painful and for acouple days after having them I had horrible contractions. If you can get them compounded they are much cheaper. Mine were $50 copay for 4-5 injections. Hope this helps.

Momma to
DD-15, DD-11, DD-7, DD-2 &
baby girl born December 20, 2014

May 18th, 2013, 11:19 PM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know very little about them. one of my doula clients were taking them for a couple of weeks, but had a terrible reaction. I hope you can make a decision you and your entire team are comfortable with!

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search