How did this miracle come to you?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree26Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 13th, 2013, 10:04 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Were you TTC, NTNP, surprised?...

We had JUST weaned DD2 from nursing. She was 11 months. Usually, I get PPAF a week or two after weaning from BF. It never came! We truly hadn't BD more than a couple times that month, so whodathunk it would happen so fast? Especially since I'm 40, it took 18 months and fertility meds and 2 IUI's for DS and 4 months of truly TTC for DD2...

but nope, here we are! We were NTNP, but pretty much assumed it wasn't going to happen because of age and the fact that I wasn't paying ANY attention to TTC signs at all

So, we figured we're meant to have #4! But, being 40, I'm still stressing over all the stats about higher m/c rates (even after seeing the hb) and chances for trisomies, and blah blah blah, but once in a while, like now, I find myself smiling at the fact that this just HAPPENED!

What's your story?
ImVictorious and ChicaChels like this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 13th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
I took a bunch of hormones, went to the doctor, thawed my embie, doctor put the embie back in and TADA! Baby in 29 more weeks!
ImVictorious and *Leah* like this.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
May 13th, 2013, 10:46 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
^^ I saw your siggy and I remember seeing you in TTCMA (sometimes I lurk, as a grad it's hard to stay away) and I'm so happy to see you here!!! Yay snowbaby!!!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 13th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We discussed baby #3 last October and decided to NTNP since we weren't getting any younger. Life took over and when we were least expecting it, I thought I'd take a test thinking it wasn't likely...BFP! I'm 36, so I guess I'm in a similar boat of being higher risk (plus I have a risk for preeclampsia). I had pre-e with #1, hospitalized on complete bedrest @about 31 weeks, abruption and emergency section with baby born prematurely at 32 weeks, then NICU for 2 weeks. Baby #2 was full term, but monitored BP toward the end with weekly NST's, very difficult VBAC that was successful, but traumatic with lots of damage. This time I really haven't allowed my mind to go there. Maybe that's naive of me, but I believe what is meant to be is going to happen. Mine as well relax and enjoy the ride!
ImVictorious likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 10:58 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were TTC for almost 4 months. I know that's not a lot compared to what some women go through and you ladies are truly an inspiration. We are so excited as this is our first together and quite possibly our only, I have a 6 1/2 year old DD from a previous marriage and DH has no kids of his own. I will be 31 before this baby is born and he will be 29 so we knew we weren't getting any younger. I can't wait for December!!!
ImVictorious likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 11:17 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
We were on our second month of TTCing. It took 4 years of TTCing and some hormone treatments for PCOS to get pregnant with DD1. We were surprised when DD2 only took 1 month and now we have this one. I guess DD1 really solved my imbalance!
*Leah* likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 11:19 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were NTNP and not really dtd because of our opposite work schedules and barely any time alone. It took 3 years NTNP to conceive our daughter so I figured it probably wouldn't happen again for awhile. Well imagine my surprise when the test ended up positive. We had dtd once in March so who knew? Actually I had planned on being done after our daughter due to age. I was considering having Mirena put it during my next pap but someone had other plans lol. I'm happy to be having another child, well as happy as I can be while sick and exhausted anyways. This will definitely be my last. I will be 40 next year and I really don't have it in me to do it again. Pregnancy kicks my butt.
bundle2baby likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 11:24 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
13 years of wanting to TTC but DH wasn't ready. TTCMA 2.5 years finally moved to IVF. Thank Got it worked out first time because this was our last chance.
redbirds, *Leah* and blakesgirl09 like this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
May 13th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
We had been TTC for over two years, but the month we got our BFP we were NTNP. We had A TON of birthday parties in April and were kinda taking a lil break because we knew we'd be drinking more than usual.. and surprise! I guess we just needed to relax a bit

May 13th, 2013, 11:35 AM
anybodyinthere's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We were NTNP since DS was born, then TTC starting in January but not REALLY putting in enough effort. This was the first month that we put in MAJOR effort and also coincidentally, the first month DS had been fully weaned.

May 13th, 2013, 12:01 PM
lily26's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I guess it was a suprise... a good suprise.

we were ttc for 2 years and then about 6 months ago... i actually gave up hope and kinda wrote myself off as not being able to concieve a little one. So we were NTNP, and my friend actually brought up being a surrogate last month. I was going to give t 2 more years and then take her up on the offer. little did I know I was allready pregnant when we had the conversation
*Leah* and feythful like this.

Mommy to my little Butterfly Vanyah, born at 34 weeks and 2 days.
2lbs and 14oz on November 19th, 2013 at 2:31am.
Have never been so in love before.
May 13th, 2013, 12:04 PM
LadybugBanana's Avatar Veteran
I honestly feel like a fool saying this, because there are so many of you that have spent so long trying... And I think you are soooo strong for that!

But, I had my copper IUD taken out Mid March, we DTD all of 2 times during that month(once in the first week and again the night before the IUD was removed), bc we had decided to wait until we were married (In Sept) to really do anything again... See how crazy that wedding night got LOL...
Anyways... long story short, here I am... I didnt even DTD while not on BC... We did it the DAY BEFORE it got taken out... SO calls it our "fate baby" because someone somewhere really wanted us to have this baby LOL
redbirds, *Leah*, feythful and 1 others like this.
May 13th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Veteran
Well my story was a very very big shocker for us ... after dd 2 was born we decided we were done having children .. so last feb would have been a year my dh had a vasectomy done .. so we never thought to use condoms or prevent it because we thought we were in the clear and good to go, my cycles are regular always on time so i knew something was up when AF never showed so i tested and got the shock of my life ... so then i tested 2 other times and all were BFP! so i sat there in shock and cried a bit - thinking dh would be doing a lot of wondering,and accuse me of being with someone else.
so we get dh tested again only to find out that his vasectomy never took and healed himself back together (dh also has a pretty bad infection after procedure was done) dr told us because of the infection the body healed himself a little to good and connected back together ... i swear our jaws both dropped because this happens a lot ...
so here we are baby number 3 .. and we couldnt be more thrilled!! shocked! but very thrilled .. lol ....
redbirds and kara74 like this.

May 13th, 2013, 03:54 PM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
SO and I have been friends for 11 years and seriously dating for 6 months. I had a Mirena prior to dating him for over a year that started falling out so I had them just remove it. When Chance and I started dating and getting to that point I struggled with finding a bc pill that either didnt A.) make me break out like crazy and start gaining weight and then B.) not have crazy long or short cycles.

The last few months went like this. 35 day cycle, 13 day cycle then a normal cycle with a bfp. The irony is to is SO and his family questioned his fertility. He had been in a 4 year relationship at one time where they were not that careful at all. She has a daughter with her husband now.

My family is obnoxiously fertile though lol. But I was on the pill always before my son was born with no problem and never a weird cycle.
May 13th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Super Mommy
We were, well at least I was NTNP. I think my SO was ttc...lol it took just one month. Never been pregnant, I was married before and never fell pg. thought I'd have a hard time. Guess it's just fate.
redbirds likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
Am I literally the only one who laid there and spread my legs and didn't even enjoy myself? LOL
ChicaChels, kayakr and eilla05 like this.
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
May 13th, 2013, 04:27 PM
bajars2531's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
NTNP here. I was hoping to wait until the fall to start trying. I really didn't want a winter baby, and for sure not a Dec baby. But that's how it goes. I guess if I really cared I would have been a bit more careful, lol.

Make a pregnancy ticker

May 13th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriyan View Post
Am I literally the only one who laid there and spread my legs and didn't even enjoy myself? LOL
Oriyan likes this.

May 13th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
DH had said for the last 5.25 years that he didn't want another baby, I did and had brought up the subject a few times over the years. Suddenly he asked me one night if I wanted another baby. I thought about it a week and said yes. 3 months later of tracking body temp, ovulation etc I was pregnant. The first two months timing wasn't the greatest because he is out of town a lot but in March it apparently was perfect timing and here I am.

May 13th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We conceived this baby after 2 cycles of OPK. We tried for 3 cycles, but the first month we were way off. After our DS was born we thought we would be done,mostly due to being scared due to complications with him. I had wanted another baby since ds turned 2 but hubby was not on board. Back in the beginning of the yr before I turned 33 and after the passing of dh grandma, something came over me and just told dh we are not getting any younger and would like another baby and to my surprise he agreed!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search