Are you going to find out the gender?

Forum: December 2013 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To December 2013 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 14th, 2013, 07:26 AM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
Well, *eventually* we all are but are you planning to find out the gender before baby's born?

I do! I admire the team green folks, but there is no way I have the patience to wait that long! We're getting the MaterniT21 Plus test done in about 10 days and PRAYING it's conclusive, healthy AND they can tell us the gender. We'll know (if there's no screw up with the test and if they have enough baby DNA in my blood, as I'm overweight and there is a slight issue for inconclusive results) in probably 3 weeks or so!!! We're also getting the NT scan 3 weeks from today, so if we don't have our results yet, we will hope to have a nub guess until the results do come in

AND, of course, the anatomy scan at 20 weeks, as a verification

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 14th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Mollyjayne's Avatar Super Mommy
We are going to be team green I wanted to be last time but everyone had to know. This time since its a surprise pregnancy the gender will be a surprise too. I also already have one of each so I have no preference.

We think its a girl though
May 14th, 2013, 07:53 AM
feythful's Avatar Proud Dec '13 DDC Co-host
I don't know. I'm going back and forth about it. I know this is my last pregnancy and want to be on team green since it'll be the last time to do it, but I'm not sure I can hold out. I don't know what we'll do. Guess we should probably have that conversation hm?

May 14th, 2013, 08:05 AM
blakesgirl09's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ABSOLUTELY!!!! I'm too OCD not to find out!! I need to have plans and stuff and all that figured out and I don't think I could do that without knowing the gender. Plus, this is DH's first so he is SUPER excited to find out! We will know in about 4 weeks as my DR offers an additional elective scan at 14-15 weeks!!!

May 14th, 2013, 08:20 AM
JulieMc's Avatar Loving my babies. :)
Heck yea!! I'm hoping since I'm having twins, I'll get more ultrasounds and maybe find out early. I don't do any of the blood tests or NT scans, so, extra ultrasounds are my only hope for finding out before 20 weeks. Given my history of miscarriages, I think my midwife will be agreeable to one before then.

May 14th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
When I got pregnant the first time, Matt and I discussed being team green AFTER we had one of each, and therefore STUFF for each. Well, we eventually found out with Cora (she was uncooperative at our 20 week ultrasound, but my next appointment after that was in the room with the old u/s machine so my Dr. did a "quick peek" and confirmed she was a girl), and we called her by name immediately. And so when she died, I felt like in finding out and calling her by name, we sort of got to "know" her, if that makes sense. So every time since then I've had to find out as soon as I could and name them as soon as I could, just in case.
redbirds, Leogirl and eilla05 like this.

May 14th, 2013, 08:53 AM
We're going to find out. I'm just way too much of a control freak, I need to know, lol!
May 14th, 2013, 09:03 AM
kayakr's Avatar Persuaded by POAS’ers
We are going to find out. Twins is enough of a surprise!
CherryLimeade likes this.
Cycle 7 SA results abnormal morphology 2%, 50 mg clomid = BFN
Cycle 8 sonogram normal 50 mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 9 SA results abnormal morphology and motility. Count 200 mill, 100mg clomid + trigger = BFN
Cycle 10 natural = BFN
Cycle 11 hsg tubes clear, natural + trigger+IUI = BFN
Cycle 12 repronex + trigger + 2 IUI = BFN
Cycle 13 natural ovaries to stimulated for more meds = BFN
Cycle 14-22 natural cycle with Acupuncture and planning ivf/icsi/DE = ALL BFN
Cycle 23 Clomid 50 mg & Progesterone = BFN
Cycle 24 Natural = BFN
Cycle 25 BCP, SA result 7% morphology = BFN
Cycle 26 BCP and Lupron preparing for IVF
Cycle 27 IVF Acupuncture, DE Retrieval April 7, Transfer April 12 =
7 eggs retrieved, 3 fertilized, 2 transferred - zero snow babies
BETA # 1 16DPO or 11dp5dt = 569
BETA # 2 19 DPO or 14dp5dt = 1078
BETA # 3 22DPO or 17dp5dt = 2414 TWINS!
BETA # 4 30DPO or 25dp5dt = 12,685 6weeks 3days 2 heartbeats! 114 & 116
Clayton and Colton Born @ 34 weeks 11/22/13
May 14th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Veteran
we are going to be finding out aswell ... i cant hold out and wait that long ... plus i like to be prepared for when he or she is born

May 14th, 2013, 10:04 AM
ChicaChels's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We're finding out. We did team green last time and it was great, but I'm dying to know this time.

Maverick Jude
December 9, 2013
5:20PM 8lb3oz 20.5"
Hospital water birth
May 14th, 2013, 10:12 AM
HorseGal's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a planner and since I have everything left over from my son, I am going to NEED to know if it's a girl so I can supplement what I need for that. ha ha. Maybe once I have one of each I will try team green, but i'm an impatient person so who knows.

I do feel like this one is a girl though.
May 14th, 2013, 10:14 AM
kara74's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Definitely! I'm having the MaterniT21 done so hopefully they can tell me the gender then which would be awesome! Otherwise, I'll wait for the anatomy u/s. I'm way too impatient to wait until birth. I was forced to with my first because the tech claimed she could tell the sex and back then they only did one u/s with uncomplicated pregnancies. I had a strong feeling he was going to be a boy and bought boy clothes and I ended up being correct.

May 14th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Oriyan's Avatar Platinum Superdupermommy
We will be finding out in 7 weeks
DS2: Lucas "Luca"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IVF #1: October 2008
July 22, 2009: Johnathan Jarrett is born! 10:41 am, 7lbs, 12oz, 21.5 inches

FET #2: March 2013 (Medicated cycle)
November 25, 2013: Lucas Ryan is born! 8:46 pm, 8lbs, 8oz, 20 inches (No epidural!)
May 14th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
At first I was thinking team green, but since I have been so sick like with my dd, I am dying to know if its a girl or not!
May 14th, 2013, 12:14 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I already decided that I'm going to find out at 20 weeks with this baby. BUT, if this one is a girl, I will wait until birth with my 3rd - since I'll already have one boy and one girl

May 14th, 2013, 01:29 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
^^ That's what I said after my second, but nope. I have no patience and had to find out ASAP with my 3rd and that patience is just as nearly-non-existent now, so, yeah... no team green for us.

I hope you get your girl so you can go green next round!
CherryLimeade likes this.

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
May 14th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We will be finding out at my 20 week ultrasound.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

May 14th, 2013, 05:32 PM
CherryLimeade's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbirds View Post
^^ That's what I said after my second, but nope. I have no patience and had to find out ASAP with my 3rd and that patience is just as nearly-non-existent now, so, yeah... no team green for us.

I hope you get your girl so you can go green next round!
I just want to give it a try once! The anticipation would kill me, I know, but in a good way

May 14th, 2013, 07:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yep we are finding out I am way to impatient to wait. Most likely doing an elective U/S end of June (about 16 weeks) to see if we can find out then if not we will wait till the 20 week U/S...but yep totally finding out!

May 15th, 2013, 08:44 AM
*~ Joni ~*'s Avatar Jordana Jacoby & Jamason
Definitely team green! Jamason was a surprise and it was AMAZING!!

It's not hard to prep for a surprise baby. If you don't like yellow, green, peach, grey, etc... You can pick out pink and blue stuff and just scan all the girl stuff onto a registry in your name and all the boy stuff onto a registry in dad's name. Then once the baby's born, while you're still at the hospital for a day or two, dad, grandma, aunt, friend, etc... Can run out and grab the stuff on the right registry.

If you don't want to dress the baby neutral at the hospital you can bring some pink and blue and just leave the tags on. Then whoever goes to get the registry stuff can take back the outfits that weren't needed. It's cake. And so worth it!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search